Apex Fd3s $$$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nightracer
    Go to RX7club.com and tell them that... The 20B conversion you're talking about has costed over $30,000 on some FDs. There was an RX-8 that got a 3-Rotor, 20B conversion that and ended up costing $41,000. If APEX'i's car is running a 3-Rotor its expensive as hell.

driftxtreem - where in Japan are you and what kind of shop do you have? You drive an FD3S?
    30k for a 20b conversion? Dude I got the whole car for 1500 with only 380000 kmh the APEX car is a 13b Whith ceramic Apex seals, Injecters and a side port job plus all the boost stuff and what knots.

Yea I got a shop here in Tochigi I drive the 7 in my avitar and am doing the 20b swap right know for TAS not allot of them here in Japan you will see some nice 4 roters and I heard of a guy that made a one roter for the hell of it.

Comment

wtf, how hard is the swap? i can get the motor for under 3 grand.

Comment

well there are two ways to do it the right and the wrong. The wrong would be using about a 100 washers to lower the engine on the mounts enough to close the hood and the right would be making the proper mount. But then you have to worrie about the oil pan draging on the ground. Then there is the wiring and turbo do you still use the sequential or go for the single there is no off the shell manifold. what else do you want me to explain Im givin away secrets as it is but just so you know it dont cost that much.

Comment

Originally posted by destrojn
          Is that it? I'll take 2 please!
          ROTFLMAO hahah

Comment

Why not use the stock 2x7 twin turbo motor?

Comment

Originally posted by nightracer
              Go to RX7club.com and tell them that... The 20B conversion you're talking about has costed over $30,000 on some FDs. There was an RX-8 that got a 3-Rotor, 20B conversion that and ended up costing $41,000. If APEX'i's car is running a 3-Rotor its expensive as hell.
              I said swap not conversion. when you do it yourself its not that expensive.

Comment

nope.

Comment

Yea you can do it yourself that is true. but what is your time worth? also DriftXtreme you are in Japan. We are not. Like American hot rods are relatively cheap to build here, I am sure the same applies to Japan. I'll tell you this though. I wish to holy hell I was over there right now helping you drop some engine in something. I wouldn't care if it was a RC car engine. I just want to be in Japan.

O how lucky you are. Do they need anymore Ex military for anything over there? If so, use me as your mouse and point me to the right place so that I may click my way in. Nice black Fd too. I need to post a photo or 2 of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                    Yea you can do it yourself that is true. but what is your time worth? also DriftXtreme you are in Japan. We are not. Like American hot rods are relatively cheap to build here, I am sure the same applies to Japan. I'll tell you this though. I wish to holy hell I was over there right now helping you drop some engine in something. I wouldn't care if it was a RC car engine. I just want to be in Japan.

O how lucky you are. Do they need anymore Ex military for anything over there? If so, use me as your mouse and point me to the right place so that I may click my way in. Nice black Fd too. I need to post a photo or 2 of mine.
                    Man I wouldnt know were to point you its all I can do to make it here myself. As for my time my shop rate is 80 bucks per hour flat rate and yea parts are available but still 30k for the swap. Here I would get maybe 9K and thats pushin it. Thanks for the praise

Comment

Ah but to dream. Dream about a life of sideways mayhem in Japan. Oh well. Where there's a will theres a way.
                      I'll be there someday.

Comment

re:

if you would like the parts on the car please get ahold of either myself or chas..

Comment

Working...
                        X