Sometimes you gotta go grip...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes you gotta go grip...

To be honest, I'm 18 now and I still haven't done a real drift...Due to my car which is a FF(Integra, which I am currently selling), I haven't really gotten into it that much. I know it's fun and looks cool when done, but it really isn't the life for me yet. I know drifting takes tons of dedication and sometimes money. I heard some guys buy like 4 new sets a tires every month. Thats pretty intense. That doesn't mean I will never do it though...Maybe someday when I'm financially fit(not too far in the distant future). I'm gonna be in college very soon, and the other crappy things in life are going to get in the way of it...Now, I might slide in a friend's 240 for now ocassionally. I'm more of a touge/track guy now, so I'm trying to find some car(non FF) that can give me a good ride(no recommendations please), and hit by a local touge sometime. Until all this school and hard life crap is over, then I'll go all out. I'll guarantee you, you'll see me somewhere...

Yui Ichikawa is my wife...
    Attached Files

Go and grip dude, i'm more of a Gripper myself. Nothing wrong with that, no need to leave the site if thats what you are thinking. Matter of fact, my FF CRX was one of the funnest thing in the mountains. Handles like a Go Cart. That's with minor mods, Tokico blues, HR springs and slotted rotors. So go out there and have some fun man, you'd be suprised at how well the FF's run on the touge.

Comment

i can't disagree. there is something to be said for both grip and drift. i want to eventually become effecient at both.

Comment

Amen brother, why do you think I know so much about grip? Heck, I placed an order for Falken Azenis Sports because they're the best grip tire for the money. (Although if I track it regularly I'll have to go with the Kumho Ecsta MX or Yoko AVS ES100 just because they don't get as greasy with heat.)

Gripping takes just as much dedication as drifting, just it often costs less. The only real extra money in drifting is in tires, like you said. Otherwise, prepping a grip car and a drift car is done almost exactly the same. (Hence Brian Norris taking the JIC/Zeal S13 240SX fastback to SCC's "Lap Dance" trackday.)

I've never even tried drifting before. (Don't want to wreck my car or get a reckless driving ticket) That'll change come September 17, though. I wonder if they'll frown on a couple grip laps...

Comment

well, here's my advice. i can do some mini powerslides with my accords. start from there and konw your car. FF drifting is possible, it's just differently done.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripper
            well, here's my advice. i can do some mini powerslides with my accords. start from there and konw your car. FF drifting is possible, it's just differently done.
            Actually, the techniques that you can use for FF can also be used for FR...

Weight transfer drift techniques are the only real way to drift in a FF car...

Have fun...

Matt.

Comment

hai ! to mi drifting in a FF car is possible , just that it is a little bit harder compare to an FR car. I drive a modify satria GT-i , it is a FF car but i do small power slide on daily bases. Although , i cannot make a big drift but it is already enuff for me . But if u really want to do drift on an FF car , try to find a wet surface road . that way it is easier to drift . I try it once , and i can maintain it thru out the whole corner . But u will be surprise or scare , cause FF car r not make to do corner like that , but it is quite dangerous so be careful if u r going to try ! But in the end , "GRIP" is my choice cause u will never smoke ppl with ur pipe with drfting . Pure grip is the way !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                Go and grip dude, i'm more of a Gripper myself. Nothing wrong with that, no need to leave the site if thats what you are thinking. Matter of fact, my FF CRX was one of the funnest thing in the mountains. Handles like a Go Cart. That's with minor mods, Tokico blues, HR springs and slotted rotors. So go out there and have some fun man, you'd be suprised at how well the FF's run on the touge.
                I wasn't planning on leaving. Just telling everyone what my actions are gonna be...

Comment

i more into grip then drif, if i would ever take a ff on the mountains id probly use a civic hatch back,

Comment

civic hatch?

meh. mk2 GTI. Hell any mk2 dub.

Comment

To me dont realli matter jsut as long as your having fun right? Drift of grip dont make any difference when your having yourself a jolly good time dont it?

Comment

Just as long as you're pushing your car, it doesn't matter. They're both just techniques. If both are learned well enough, they'll eventually flow into one another. You'll begin to use a little bit of each to get around the track as fast a possible. Both are fun. I think everyone should learn grip first. If you can get to the point where you can run your car at its limit while gripping, moving to drifting is far easier. It's just pushing the car a tiny bit further, past what you thought was the limit. Then you need to learn new techniques and learn how to initiate and control it.

Comment

yea hatch, crx would be wun ff on the touge lol

Comment

Originally posted by Drift For Food
                            Just as long as you're pushing your car, it doesn't matter. They're both just techniques. If both are learned well enough, they'll eventually flow into one another. You'll begin to use a little bit of each to get around the track as fast a possible.
                            I think this is true. In fact, this is my logic behind learning how to drift. It's another skill I can use to be faster, and will improve my car controll.

The CRX is great.

Comment

Originally posted by Craftsman
                              Actually, the techniques that you can use for FF can also be used for FR...

Weight transfer drift techniques are the only real way to drift in a FF car...

Have fun...

Matt.
                              oh thanx i guess. i will try that sometime.

Comment

Working...
                              X