No announcement yet.

Tail Of The Dragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood Mountain or Deals Gap??? I've drifted Blood Mountain, but those on camber turns are hard to passup by drifting

Ih yea, sidenote, my wife and I will be moving to Atlanta in September. What's the Scene like there? I have some friends there but none drift.

Comment

Ghost, you have an amazing backyard!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuner
        Ih yea, sidenote, my wife and I will be moving to Atlanta in September. What's the Scene like there? I have some friends there but none drift.
        Sux, thats why my 1 88 u and I have to drive 3hrs to TENN. to find a decent place to drive. Too many cops!

Comment

The Atlanta scene is a neat one. There are alot of guys coming up there. Tony Shultz being a prime example. There is Road Atlanta about 40 mins out of town, the North Ga mountain right there and there are some spots that are not too shabby. I know of one but you will have to pm me once you get there. Have a safe move.

Comment

I want to run this thing so bad. I got a buddy who lives down in Chatanooga, so I've been thinking about making the trip.

If I do I'll definately drop you a line Ghost.

Comment

I read up on the "official" website for it and they have alotta warnings from/for bikers. Sounds pretty dangerous at the blind corners, but hella fun.

Comment

Lemme know.

Comment

Average Corner

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/dragon_engineer.html

Idealized corner geometry is very simple:

1 - turn Entrance is straight of x distance

2 - turn Radius is constant - also of x distance

3 - turn Exit is straight - again of x distance
                  Using these "optimized" arbitrary proportions,
                  an "Average Dragon's Tail Corner" would be defined as follows:

1 - turn Entrance - 61 feet

2 - turn Radius - a 120 degree arc of constant 29 foot radius,
                  total radius length - 61 feet

3 - turn Exit - 61 feet

4 - the turn Entrance and turn Exit legs would be at a 60 degree
                  angle to each other

5 - Average Apex-to-Apex distance - 183 feet

6 - Straight line distance from Start to Finish of the 11 convoluted
                  miles - 6.7 miles

So, if the Dragons' Tail were "standardized", you would have
                  318 corners 183 feet apart, each with an Entrance/Exit angle of 60 degrees
                  and a corner radius of 29 feet.

THAT IS TIGHT.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ahh home never looked so good.

Comment

Next time I'm out there I have to check the TotD out. I heard about it in a magazine somewhere, I think. Very awesome... more wicked than nearby Mt. X.

Comment

Ghost, have you driven Cherohala Skyway Hwy 143?

Comment

Yeap. Its cool too, not as tricky and nasty as the Dragon but a world class road all in it's own.

Comment

i was reading about that place. i did not get to see any cars driving. just bikers cruisin' in the video clips. do you guys know about the isle of man? it is in or near the UK or something. there are no speed limits and it is mainly country roads.

Comment

Nice place to live, wouldn't want to visit though. I'd probably never come back.

Comment

there is some other thing in the UK. it is sort of like a HUGE beach. the guys in top gear had a race there. it was just amazing because it is a huge plain of wet sand you can drive on.

Comment

Working...
                                X