X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on a 1991 240SX Coupe that is For Sale

DONT FLAME ON ME FOR THIS QUESTION!!!

aright, here it goes...
    iam looking for my first car right now , and there is a 240sx couple 1991 for sale for $2000 canadian, it has leather seats, powered windows and all that stuff.
    The engine has 168,000 km on it.
    This guys had to get his floormats fixed. Underneath the carpet on the drivers side and passenger side he had a couple of rust holes in it about like 4 inches in the radius or wutever, but he got those fixed.

It is a manual, When you put the car into first you have to Rev it up to about like 3,500 rpm is it suppost to do that?

and when you switch from 2nd to 3rd and vise verca, the car shakes and its kinda loud......
    whats the problem, is it a good deal???

dont flame......

??????????????????????????

Comment

doesn't sound good but hey what do i know

Comment

First off is it a coupe or a couple, cause a couple 240's for 2000 Canadian is a great deal.

But if it A:has rust and B: has running problem, don't get it. Too much work.

Comment

lol im pretty sure its a coupe ghost how much is 2k canadian in us dollars anyways?

rust always = bad, and sounds like that ka hasnt been treated too well. try looking around for others or get him to drop the price. parts car!

Comment

Re: Advice

Originally posted by nedinic
            It is a manual, When you put the car into first you have to Rev it up to about like 3,500 rpm is it suppost to do that?

and when you switch from 2nd to 3rd and vise verca, the car shakes and its kinda loud......
            whats the problem, is it a good deal???

dont flame......
            Look around for another one,it's not worth the trouble.

Comment

yeah if theyre not hard to come by in your area, then get another one.

but if youre a maniac then you could probably rebuild that engine in not much time at all.

Comment

Um rust is bad, but I was wondering the samething as ghost said is it a coupe or a couple...I mean a 91 coupe for 2000 is good but with rust and all I would keep looking then again a couple for 2000 yeah thats good. But even so there are ways to repair some stuff just be willing to take the money out. Hope I helped. see ya

Comment

you would be surprised, 240sx are kinda hard to fin here.
                  he said the rust has been fixed. he is only 18 so he probbably beat on the transmission, but iam 16 so..lol(i shouldnt talk lol)

2000 canadian is about like 1600 u.s
                  and it is a coupe

the transmission is messed i think and the paint kinda sucks, i duno tho
                  Last edited by ; 08-02-2004, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Nah man, stear clear of that one unless you want to do some work. Chasing rust out of a car is never any fun. Look around you can find em.

Comment

yea i just bought a tig welder but i dont have any experiance yet so i just might look into another car.

maybe i just should learn how to drive auto before manual...
                      lol
                      i duno...if its worth, i gues not

Comment

Originally posted by nedinic
                        yea i just bought a tig welder but i dont have any experiance yet so i just might look into another car.

maybe i just should learn how to drive auto before manual...
                        lol
                        i duno...if its worth, i gues not
                        There's nothing to learn about auto.Hold the brake,put it in drive.It's that easy.

My suggestion.If you really want a 240,just opt to get a Silvia/180sx.They're cleaner,have less km,have a better engine,and cost about the same.You just have to pay for shipping and some fees to get one.If you don't want the CA18DET,you'll have to wait till January 2006 for an SR20DET car.Eitheir way,it's better than a KA.

Comment

If you don't want the CA18DET,you'll have to wait till January 2006 for an SR20DET car.Eitheir way,it's better than a KA.
                          -feint

no offense or anything but if you are refering to the nissan s16 as the january 2006 car, it is not sr20det. I forget what exactly it is but its not sr20det. But nun the less you are right it will be better than a KA i'm sure.

Comment

oh yeah plus the s16 is still a rumor.

Comment

ok iam not waiting till 2006 to get a car lol

Comment

Working...
                              X