No announcement yet.

Cadillac CTSV Drift Car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If were gonna talk about domestics that look to be good DriftCar bases, I think the new Dodge Magnum and Chrysler 300 would be TYTE to see. both got good engines, both are FR. all they need it a MT trim and theyed be good Family/Drift Cars

Comment

I really like the 300 it's got nice lines, kinda. It looks heavy though.

Comment

If you want a good american drift car take a 1963-64 impala with a stock suspention and hard compound tires, 4-speed manual or turbo 400 3-speed auto with a b&m mega shifter and a 350ci small block. you will encounter massive body roll but use it to your advantage, and if you can learn to understand your car you can then minimize the body roll to an almost non-existant force, but for those hard throws to get it sideways you have all that body roll: read that spring loaded sideways throwing force.

Now for the best part, when cops see your car they will just think it is a lowrider.

Comment

Nah I'm all for the Cadilacs being drifted... I think the new Caddys totally rock...

I think Ryan would look good in one anyways...

Matt.

Comment

I think I would look good in one.

Comment

I dont want to poop on this thread or anything but I think that drifting any of these new cars is kind of crazy. I mean, if someone gave me the car for free (like sponsored) then hell yeah, but if it was my car that I pay for then I would say hell no. It would really suck to continue making payments on a totalled car (hey it could happen). I say look for older cheaper cars that can take a beating with no regrets. Own it outright and if the un-thinkable happens then you can walk away with no strings attached.

Comment

Yeah your right. And i dont think it would be worth getting insurance for those cars either. I mean insurance iteslf would cost just as much as one car payment.

Comment

I think I would agree with you, although I just drove a "300" last night they drift pretty well, I was using the V6 and it had good power, just ask Ken Gushi, Tony Angelo, Andy Yen, and Chris Forsberg... They were there at the super secret drift spot and I had one as a rental...Thats why the only reason I would drift a new car is someone gave it to me or I rented it and got the insurance... but you didn't hear that from me. No I wasn't drifting on the street either so did get any bright Ideas...

Late,

Ryan,

I'm in St Louis right now and hopefully I will get a chance to drift the C6 Vette. I think it might be good.
                  Ryan Hampton

Baller Bolts Titanium Hardware

Comment

Originally posted by RyanHampton
                    I think I would agree with you, although I just drove a "300" last night they drift pretty well, I was using the V6 and it had good power, just ask Ken Gushi, Tony Angelo, Andy Yen, and Chris Forsberg... They were there at the super secret drift spot and I had one as a rental...Thats why the only reason I would drift a new car is someone gave it to me or I rented it and got the insurance... but you didn't hear that from me. No I wasn't drifting on the street either so did get any bright Ideas...

Late,

Ryan,

I'm in St Louis right now and hopefully I will get a chance to drift the C6 Vette. I think it might be good.
                    hmmm smells like some stunt video... that i've been hearing about....

*snif*snif... are there any masks involved?

Comment

No no masks just plain old screwing around.. I should have had a camera though. That thing must look funny as hell sideways, didn't get to see it cause I was in the car...
                      Ryan Hampton

Comment

Ryan... We need to get you a factory sponsership like Rhys... Why the hell does he have a factory sponsership?

I mean I respect him as a driver.. No doubt, but that's just wrong to only have one driver that is fully sponsered. Blah...

I'm just ranting about random crap now..

Matt.

Comment

I want to see Ryan drifting the 300C in the D1!! Cmon Chrysler!! hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
                            I want to see Ryan drifting the 300C in the D1!! Cmon Chrysler!! hahaha.
                            Hell yea!

Matt.

Comment

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the support for a factory team for me!!! It may be already in the works with a certain Japanese Manufacturer.... Sam (Viper) is also a factory effort too don't forget!! I think we should nickname him (Viper Sam) what do you think, original huh?

I think a chrysler Hemi 300 would be dope!! that thing is huge..But to win I would just hit everyone in tandem just cause I'm driving a tank!!
                              Ryan Hampton

Comment

Originally posted by insane
                                If you want a good american drift car take a 1963-64 impala with a stock suspention and hard compound tires, 4-speed manual or turbo 400 3-speed auto with a b&m mega shifter and a 350ci small block. you will encounter massive body roll but use it to your advantage, and if you can learn to understand your car you can then minimize the body roll to an almost non-existant force, but for those hard throws to get it sideways you have all that body roll: read that spring loaded sideways throwing force.

Now for the best part, when cops see your car they will just think it is a lowrider.

wait, like in crazy taxi?

Comment

Working...
                                X