Selling the Beast... Now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling the Beast... Now what?

Well, though I love her, I've been thinking about giving her up. If I do so, what car should I get... The imfamous S13 or go rotary and get an old '91 rx-7?

Well I personnaly like the FC styling more than the S13, but id rather have a sr20 in my engine bay. why dont you make a monster, get a FC3S and pop a sr20? lol just an idea, but really, i'd pick a FC cause theyre styling, already potent engine. I have heard they were a bit difficult to drift but i dont know about that.

Comment

Dude you shouldnt give her up...but if you decide to then go with the s13 (no offense to nismosaga) I love the s13,s14,s15, and if the rumors come true the s16. But the fcs are nice i just hear that alotta people have had trouble with them. But you should drive both pick the best and then drift it hard. See ya...but if you give it away I believe there is now 'automobile grief counseling'.
      later

Comment

what car are you selling?

Comment

A Z32 I belive, right?

Comment

Good point Drifter-M. Still he is right, the FC is a little bit more maintanace but if you love her, you can just change her oil, filter, etc when she needs them!

Comment

Originally posted by PhoPower
              what car are you selling?
              Originally posted by vigvoodoo
              A Z32 I belive, right?
              Yeah, my '91 Z32. She's truly is a great car. Very power hungry! But lately I've been.. I guess you could say... demanding to much performance. I did the same thing to my old '87 Camry and it ended up with a broken rod and a warped piston. Needless to say its dead now and it sits in the graveyard of cars next to my house. I dont want my Z to die, so I think its best to pass her on to a better owner.

So I'm thinkin'... put in a a new or slightly used (under 65k miles) tranny and sell it for about 5 or 6K... sound like a good price:? or is that too much? I bought it for 4K and have put in about 2K on repairs and bringing it back to life (mostly cosmetic work), not including the tranny that I gotta buy (800 for used, roughly... 2K for new).

Comment

is it twin turbo? you should check on kbb.com to check the value. people usually check things like that so it is a common value. good luck selling it <8-)

Comment

Good point Drifter-M. Still he is right, the FC is a little bit more maintanace but if you love her, you can just change her oil, filter, etc when she needs them!
                  very wise words nismosaga, its all about the love for the car.

Comment

i drive an fc3s, you just gotta watch her constantly. as for fixing anything mechanical always know your dealing with a lot less parts than a piston engine. if you look at it on a technical basis, you spend the same amount of money maintenancing both cars

Comment

Hey man, i live in middle GA and am looking for a car. could you send me pics at b0b2100@aol.com. Oh and is it a manual or automatic?? thanks

- peace

Comment

no rotary, you'll regret it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Heh, you ever owned a Rotary? Your mind might change after owning one. Some love, some hate em.

Comment

learn to appreciate the car you drive, have pride what you have. just becuz you experienced some probs with your car doesnt mean shiet. get over it and fix it. it takes blood, sweat and tears to go where you want to be with the car you are proud of. unless your some rich phag who likes paying other ppl to do work that you take credit for

Comment

Only I work on my car. I've never had my car taken into a shop. all maintenance on the car (from point-of-sale) was done by me and a select few in my drive way or in my garage. I love my car! I really do, but I want to experience more. It's like going out with the same girl since you were old enough to date... yeah... its cute (blah blah blah) but it gets old. The car is a power house. It's truly a badass car. I don't want to sell it because of the problems I've had with it. Really, the tranny has been the only thing. Basically, It's just my need for change. Like I said I love my car... but its time for a change.

No I've never driven a rotary before. Never even sat in a car with one. But the way i see it is it's new territory for me to concur.

Oh yeah and trust me... blood, sweet, and tears have gone into this car countless time. Not to mention a lot of busted knuckles.

Its not that I don't like the car, I just want to try something new.

180maniac:
                              I'll take some pictuers tomorrow (actually today since its 12:30 in the morning right now) I added you to my AIM. You can also check out my site on cardomain... click my WWW button.

Comment

Working...
                              X