Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Boro at least you and me know

Comment

the BMW S14 engine was the best. ha! some freak in europe got 1000hp out of that sucker w/ a turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by driftxtreem
        Who has ever seen a production sileighty? Not they dont exist. They were the conception from a dealer in osaka to boost sales. He did the conversion and got the glass from Nissan. Nissan was not interested in mixing the line when he proposed it to them but they supplied the quarter glass for it. There is a company that still makes quarter glass and will put what ever you want on it if you order enough.
        You can consider the 500 produced by Kidsheart the production Sileighty.The definition of production is the act of producing,so therefore it can be consider the production Sileighty,but not an official Sileighty released by Nissan because there is no such thing.

Comment

Either ways the conception of the SilEighty is still awesome.

Comment

i like the s13 more than most of the cars ive had. the fit and finish...the driving feel not to mention the rear wheel drive factor. currently i drive a sileighty for looks but over all the 13 is my choice. the 14 is a bit bulky for my tastes. either way you cut it its Nissan all the way

Comment

You can consider the 500 produced by Kidsheart the production Sileighty.The definition of production is the act of producing,so therefore it can be consider the production Sileighty,
              From my understanding on this subject a production vehicle must carry a VIN number. A modified production vehicle "SilEighty" or which ever can not be described as a SilEighty production car if it doesn't carry its own VIN (Vehicle Identity Number). If the SilEighty carries a new VIN then it is a production vehicle, if it does not then it may be just a modified car

If you buy a Mustang for example built by Saleen it has a new VIN number. If you buy a Ruf-Porsche a Zakspeed-Capri they all have a new vehicle ID and are now considered a seperate production vehicle from the origional.

I own a Toyota Celica (whoopie right), to most it looks like every other old white 88 celica you see on the road. However the car accelerates to 60 under 6sec and I had to let off the gas yesterday while still accelerating at 150mph. (1. I was on a freeway. 2. It was a sweeping corner@150mph 3. Just a few to many cars) It is a production Toyota but the VIN number is different than any other Celica. The VIN will tell you it's a limited production vehicle homologated for the WRC.

Yes I drift it - and yes I go hunting for people who spent $$$$ on big german sports cars, M3's- AMG's-Porsches etc, It's fun!!!

Comment

I like the s13 better.

Comment

Rebel D, you didn't use to post on the old FDM board did you?

S15, the latest, the greatest and the very last of the s-chassis cars from nissan

Comment

im in a tie with the S15 and the Sil-Eighty. they are both sexy in their own ways.

Comment

If I lived in Japan an s15 would be my favorite. But since I live in the US, s14 is the closest I can get. All of them are pretty great cars. The s14 probably has the most parts available to it also, that's why it's easier to upgrade. But, whateva, to each his own.

Comment

Working...
                      X