ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

86 Corolla GTS; Tough to Keep it Running?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Thai Juku... You took your time replying back, but oh well...And I want to know if 240sx brakes go well with an 86, I already know you can put them on.

Comment

oops, sorry man.. the I and U are next to each other and it was kinda late..
      I usually dont frequent this forum so sorry about the late reply.. I usually just chill at my clubs website Hachiroku.net

Comment

You could always use the "edit" button on the bar below...

Comment

I have owned 2 corollas and had my current gts for almost 2 years. Here's my $.02

driving:
          Its a good car to start with and will force you to be good at driving. There are no special system (abs, tcs, ps etc) to drive for you. The car will directly react to everything you do. If you can't drive well the car is extremely jerky and rough. If you are a good driver it's smooth as glass. It will take every flaw you have and magnify it 1000 times.

work:
          once you have the car it's very cheap to fix up AS LONG AS YOU WORK YOURSELF! They are very straightforward to work on and every part in the car can be lifted by hand.

Make sure you replace wear items first (clutch, pads, bushings) then move on to other stuff. This is a 20 year old car so all this stuff will be completely worn out.

engine:
          A 4age that sees regular oil changes and has good cooling will never ever die no matter how much you beat on it. you can bounce off the revlimit all day at it will eat it right up. Remember that you don't need alot of power because its such a light car (2200lbs stock!) the 4ag compliments the car perfectly. I wouldn't recommend more than 150hp on a stock driveline. But you'll never need more than that.

If you have any other questions please feel free to PM me.

Comment

Working...
          X