This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nissanguy_24
    Am i the only one who thought all these lovely replies totally missed the point? No one here is asking if Formula D is good to drivers, or if Formula D is the only drifting series, or if formula d guys are nice guys. The question is "IS formula D heading the wrong direction?" all i see from the drivers is "Formula d lets us drive they give us opportunity and they need money so we like them" which im sure is all fine and true. However that is not the question.

The question is this "Is formula D heading the right direction" anyone have simple yes or no answer?
    Politics man. We can't say it anymore. We're just going to take a step back and watch the circus.

Others think we're just a bunch of whiners. Others thinks we have a point. But hey, what do I/we know. ^_^

oh, and Thank you HIN and Import Showoff Off for advancing the development of the newest and highly technologically advance Performance Parts out in the market ^_^

Thank you. *bow*
    Last edited by CRASHDRIVE; 08-11-2004, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• I guess i posted that out of cynacism i wasnt really expecting a response. anyways i doubt ill be posting in this thread anymore, i already stated my opinion on it. and my answer to that question was "no" i dont think its the right direction.

Comment

• I think the fact that all the drivers have expressed their approval, and appreciation of the series, that we all think that its moving in the right direction, is kind of implied, but if you want it spelled out.
        I believe formulaD is def going into the right direction, and if they wanna pull out all the stops to fill every seat and then some for Irwindale, and try to make this the biggest US drift event ever, its ok with mE!
        -Don't forget the struggle. Don't forget the streets-

www.driftalliance.com
        www.clubloose.com

Listen to Motley Crue

Comment

• Originally posted by nissanguy_24
          Am i the only one who thought all these lovely replies totally missed the point? No one here is asking if Formula D is good to drivers, or if Formula D is the only drifting series, or if formula d guys are nice guys. The question is "IS formula D heading the wrong direction?" all i see from the drivers is "Formula d lets us drive they give us opportunity and they need money so we like them" which im sure is all fine and true. However that is not the question.

The question is this "Is formula D heading the right direction" anyone have simple yes or no answer?
          well, part of the reason I said a lot of the things I said was because it my intent to relay that it's not my place to decide. they're going to run things how they think they should, and i'm gonna drive like i should. I guess it would be easier for me to say Formula D won't be going the wrong direction so long as it's still a nationwide drifting competition. all the other stuff won't bother me at all... *shrug*

Comment

• Originally posted by Drift Alliance
            I think the fact that all the drivers have expressed their approval, and appreciation of the series, that we all think that its moving in the right direction, is kind of implied
            By ALL do you mean Drift Alliance? Certainly not ALL the drivers have expressed their approval.
            Last edited by Weapon X; 08-11-2004, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weapon X
              By ALL do you mean Drift Alliance? Certainly not ALL the drivers have expressed their approval, dont kid yourself.

Ok, Honestly since i was at a meeting of all the top FD drivers, discussing the ups and downs of formula D, and everyone there expressed that sure there are going to be glitches along the way, but we are all very impressed with the way the series has been handled so far, and i realize that i don't speak for everyone, but i can tell you that most of the drivers i have heard from, are very much behind the formula D series.....
              -Don't forget the struggle. Don't forget the streets-

www.driftalliance.com
              www.clubloose.com

Listen to Motley Crue

Comment

• Originally posted by Drift Alliance
                Ok, Honestly since i was at a meeting of all the top FD drivers, discussing the ups and downs of formula D, and everyone there expressed that sure there are going to be glitches along the way, but we are all very impressed with the way the series has been handled so far, and i realize that i don't speak for everyone, but i can tell you that most of the drivers i have heard from, are very much behind the formula D series.....
                Ok, that's all I wanted to clear up.

Comment

• In an older article a wise drifter said, "Soon they are going to have drifting in the x-games", a friend said that would be cool "No that would be f'ing g*y..".

Close. They have put the x-games into drifting.

The add is rediculous, looks like something a loser who works at Super Street would design Like you guys have said, if I go to a drift event I want to see cars going sidewayz. I do not want to see Honda Civics with E46 M3 front end conversions, 22" rims, LED Antenna lights, LCD monitors mounted on their NOS bottles, more chrome then you see would see in a complete season of Cribs or Riding with FMF, and scantily clad women..Well, scratch the scantily clad women part

But god, I don't want to see the ricers at my school with their fwd honda turds with primer gray body kits, spoilers that make 747's wince, fart cans that make listening to a jack hammer all day seem like fun, and all the other stereo, bling crap that goes along with it attending a drift event. I want to see AE86's with smashed up rattle-can black body panels, Silvias of all years, RX7's, your occasional GTO, and a rwd skyline every here and there.

If FD comes to my town (which they probablly never will) I would go, shake off the rice, and watch some drifting. Oh yeah, and if I saw Ricki Chan I would give him a swift kick in the nuts..

Comment

• i think it's heading where fans are taking it. no matter what the organization does (formula d, d1 etc) if there's no support, it's not going to happen whether they like it or not.
                    it's the "FANS" that makes things happen for the most part. what's formula d without the crowd? what's D1 without the crowd? it's the people watching that makes the event great!

me personally, i don't mind adding salt and pepper to make it tastier. as long as it doesn't take any of our seat time away.
                    as a driver, it's good that there's something to watch and see at the venue. even to relax and just look at the sexy girls and the ricey cars. but it all comes down to what the fans will support.

Comment

• Everyone has good points. I think though that the answer to that question is yes and no. Formula Drift is headed in a Necessary direction. While it may not be the direction that people will agree with, it is the direction that will appeal to the most people so that they can build a bigger fanbase. I am torn in the sense that I don't see the need for some of the additions but I do understand the need for them when put into a business profile. This all goes back to one thing, the Drivers. If they are content with it, then that is that. If any of you others want to have a say in it, practice, get good, call Formula D, like they have invited everyone who wants to drive to and enter the competition. Drifting is a sport of Drivers, to make a change you need to become one.

Like I said before, try and look at things with 2 pairs of eyes. Then things will make a little more sense.

Comment

• The only thing i would add ghost is this, Things can make perfect sense and you can still dissagree with it.

It seems like a chunk of this arguement against those of us who are not pleased with the additions of "night drift" is that we simply dont understand whats going on.

Even if that is so, explaining why something was done doesnt mean we will like it.

Comment

• The problem is these DRIFT events are becoming less drift oriented. The companies that put on this stuff are just taking atvantage of America's impressionable youth. It's easy to attract a crowd when you target just about every demographic. You get the Jackass guy, some skater punks and a bunch of whores out there and that just about takes care of it. And don't expect the drivers to complain about, because (a.)their sponsors forbid them to say anything negative and (b.) who could blame them for wanting all the attention? In Japan they do incorporate moto-x riders into the shows, but they actually do things with the cars. I really don't feel that this extra is neccessary for the sport to mature. The statement's almost an oxymoron. What's mature about a bunch of 12-year-old skaters? And if I remember correctly sport compact drag racing never needed any of this extra sh1t to get its feet off the ground. But this is only my opinion. It's not like the people who actually benifit from these shows will actually pay attention to the ones who don't.

Comment

• Hey not all of them are whores my sis does import modeling shes not a whore... please rephrase what you wrote.

Comment

• Sorry. I meant the majority. There's probably one or two out there that aren't, your sister included.

Comment

• Sorry for the long post, please read it though, because I need some feedbacks.
                                ++++++++++++++++++++
                                Okay, I’m going to recap everything that has been expressed to this thread.
                                (Please correct me if I’m wrong, thank you)

Formula D only intention is to bring drifting up to the general publics eyes.

Pro Drivers likes the idea because it gives them (and all of us) an opportunity to participate and work to a sport that we all love.

Regular drifters are 50/50 saying this is great, but some folks don’t like it because of the ricers effect that it will attrack.

Am I right or wrong here?
                                +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here’s my opinion.

There’s no right or wrong answers to all of the people that contributed to this thread. However what the “minority” of us is trying to explain is, when bringing a new idea or “craze”, the right approach is needed. Injecting this new trend of car manipulation to an average person without the proper outlet may lead to some deadly consequences. We are not being greedy about Drifting, I bet all of us here share drifting and tell it everyone that we know (I know I do).

I remember someone saying “drifting is growing too fast in the states”, I don’t know if it was a D1 driver or someone here on the board, but I think that’s accurate. Practice events haven’t even been well establish across the country but there’s already a big (almost D1 like) competition. I think that’s a big jump.

Now add glamorous shows and make everyone believe that’s how it works to be a drifter (you can’t say that a huge amount of people wont think that way), where do you think those newly recruited drivers will go? Local Sanction races or on the streets? Hey, this whole drifting scene originated on the streets right?

Let’s say the public eye has been opened to drifting; now we see young drivers trying it out. We see them crashing (remember part of drifting is crashing, this is normal to an average drifter), causing millions and millions worth of damages. Who’s responsible? Drifting? Parents? Or the whole import culture? I don’t know, at this rate, someone will point fingers (this is America).

Will that be on Slipstreams or Formula Ds conscience? Would they care? Would they do something about the whole perception to the general public? <- those questions are for FORMULA D.

Ken G. Andy Y. Nadine T. etc, they’re icons to the drifting world you guys/gals are our hero’s we look up to you. Do you think “Channel 6 action news” will defend you, when they show your demo run Video Clip along side with a crashed S13 on the side of the mountain and explaining what drifting is? <-- Any PRO driver can answer this.

Do you think COPs will not be more aware on what’s going on the huge parking lots and mountain pass (im pretty sure they are already).

I think this are our main concerns. Can we discuss about resolving this?

Also, I don’t think explaining it to millions and millions of potential fans will do the trick, I think we need to be a little bit more creative than that.

Thank you. ^_^ hope to hear some good reponses in a mature fashion.
                                Last edited by CRASHDRIVE; 08-11-2004, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X