Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insurance

how many people here use there drift cars as daily drivers
    and how do you deal with insurance I imagine some of the car has dents in it

well im ghetto so i only pay for liability.....and i just dont take really dumb chances....i know i can mess everything up but...

Sedit qui timuit ne non succederet.
    He who feared that he would not succeed sat still.

I have to the choice to drift or not drift, and i dont want to stop...and its obvious that ill mess up some day...but, cant be scared. if you do, just work through it.

Comment

Most folks use car's that really don't require full coverage, so if you wipe it on a curb, don't expect any love from the insurance company. I have liability on mine. My FD had full coverage but that's because of the value and I ain't losing all that money.

But, I would suggest that you slide with a car that doesn't require full coverage. Because you are going to wreck it and each time you do and claim it on your insurance, it goes up, too many times and you are cancelled. Besides, alot of insurance companies require a Police report to file a claim and I highly doubt that if you are sliding ina parking lot and wipe it, you are going to call the police. They will come, take one look at all that physical evidence, like the barely noticable 500 tire marks in tell tale patterns and harass the crap out of you.

Comment

Re: insurance

Originally posted by GHOST/^\DRIFTer
        how many people here use there drift cars as daily drivers
        and how do you deal with insurance I imagine some of the car has dents in it

Most of the drift cars I see are worth less than $5000 in stock form. You'd probably pay $600-$1000 extra a year in insurance for full coverage vs liability -- when that much money can just buy a parts car with a decent body...

Comment

Yeah I use my green car on the street too. I just run no-fault insurance (minimum required by state of hawaii) and whatever happens is my own problem. So no crashing allowed hahahaha. If it does happen then I gotta fix it on my own. Or if it involves someone else in a drifting situation then we work it out on our own. But I do know people that had full coverage and then after drifting and crashing they try to call in the car as totalled (fraud) and they end up going to jail for being stupid. So dont try any dumb stuff like that ...

Comment

no insurance on the drifter, just a few junkyards with spare body panels, a hammer, and some spray paint. Real drift cars aren't that pretty. At least not for long Lucky for me I've only bent a few rims and broken a brake disc(odd huh?) But, I've already bought the cans of spray paint and the zip ties for when I finally take off a piece.

Comment

dont forget the speed tape
              speed tape, zip ties, hammer to pound out already ugly fenders=insurance.
              you insure yourself by knowing your abiliites, and then when you DO F-up and mess up a panel, you reattach it and keep going.

Comment

Working...
              X