Found a 240SX, but is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a 240SX, but is it worth it?

Riding my bike around is no fun, and I was riding and I found a used car dealerhip. There I spotted a 1993 240SX coupe, with about 130K miles on it, and a modest exterior (little scratches, paint fade, dents). The only thing is the price is a kick in the sack alittle ($5000) and that translates to $1000 down and $220 a month. Theres also a fastback 89-90 240 for about $199 a month. Oh yea and to make matters more akward is that they are both automatic. Are either of these cars worth it or should I just go to L.A? My intentions is to perhaps get into drifting soon, but at the same time, having a semi-reliable daily driver.

no its not worth that much money you could find them for $2,900
    and your going to want to get rid of the automatic transmission later on so wait for a better deal

Comment

5000...no way I mean the coupe is my favorite but a 93...naw. I have seen 95 less than that but um yeah keep lookin, but if you find a good deal jump on it because there going fast(thanks to the posers). There is none in autotrader around my area anymore. It bites but oh well.

Comment

i found a '91 240SX fastback for $700 at a little backwater car dealership that I had actually gone to to check out a couple FC's they had there. the car ran perfectly, was originally an automatic, but had no transmission installed at the time. the stock 5-speed tranmissions are a dime a dozen since most people do the SR20 swap and toss out their old tranny. i'm sure you can find a similar deal! my best advice in this regard is to not rush purchasing a car, make sure you wait and find the right car for you. good luck!

Comment

I dont know how old you are but if you dont have a license than buying a car wouldnt help for transportation. Also being that you probably have a license keep looking you can find one for a lot chaeper than 5000. I am in the process of getting a 93 SE for 300 without a motor. Deals are out there you just have to find them.

(stupid hurricane kept me from getting the car this weekend. It landed right on the coastal town I am getting my car from. I hope it is still in one piece.)

Comment

Working...
          X