Formula D Feedback (POLL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula D Feedback (POLL)

I've been following the other big thread, where some feel that Formula D is heading the wrong direction. I would like to see the actual numbers, i think that it is a small number of people who are complaining. Vote (its anonymous), and lets see how it comes out.
    I like Formual D the way it is, entertainment and all.
    24.19%
    I do not want models, show cars or celebs.
    54.84%
    I want drifting underground, where only cool people like me know what it is.
    12.90%
    I have not been to an event so i do not know.
    8.06%

me, personally, i dont enjoy models at drift events, if ppl wanna get eye candy, you have the internet. But let's say my little brother to drifting events i dont want him to see half naked chicks, i want him to see half naked tires, i want him to see smoke belowing from thge back of a 350hp S13 or i want him to see an intense battle between 2 AE86s. If u think about it, that's how the early Drift Days were, just enthusiasts, with their cars, and cones, and lots of fun. They stil keep pretty close to it, the last drift event i went to was DD17 whic roxxored!. the oinly thing that bothered me and i think im fair to say about 80% of the people there, was the street Fury crew with thier two models walknig around trying to get attention... too bad everyone was focused on the cars.

Comment

I just want the models... Cars are cool and the drifting is cool... Get rid of the music and the show cars and exhibition other than racing...

Keep the models and the cars Models rock...

Matt.

Comment

Great Idea for a poll this is what it needs..

Cratfsman with talent like that you can be my running mate...Sorry off topic..

Late!!
        Ryan Hampton

Baller Bolts Titanium Hardware

Comment

I voted: "I do not want models, show cars or celebs."

I dont want to be anonymous

Ryan.
          tjslidesquad huh.... he he. ^_^

I dont want to rent a car anymore. nuff said.

Comment

Hmmm, well I don't think the right question is "do I want models, show cars or celebs", but rather "do I think the extras are a good thing right now"

My answer would be NO for the first, but YES for the second, so the results of this poll may not represent the question we really intended to ask. The way it's phrased is a bit missleading for the purpose of this poll, as it's not directly asking if you think the extras are a good thing to have, even if you don't care for them at all

This shouldn't be a question on whether you LIKE it, but rather it should ask if you approve of it, as the same person could have different opinions on both (I know I do). Just a thought
            Last edited by drz; 08-13-2004, 09:46 AM.

Comment

I voted that I do not want models, show cars or celebs.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanHampton
                Great Idea for a poll this is what it needs..

Cratfsman with talent like that you can be my running mate...Sorry off topic..

Late!!
                Thanks... Ryan for '16! We gotta start somewhere...

I guess the call for the girls at the race track is just the testosterone in me. Anyways, Ryan if noone has told you yet, you're wife is hot. You can tell her that your running mate said that.

Sorry off topic.

Matt.

Comment

Evidently only a small number are complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Formula D
                    Don't let the television scare you. It is not a "Hollywood come in and mess everything up" type of thing. Similarly to how drag racing has their programming this will too. However, being able to maintain creative control the point is to show the stories of the real drifters in real situations as a drifter. Not a high budget, Fast and the Furious crap fest where the real scene is not exposed. You might very well see the last minute tuning at 4 in the morning preparing for an event to pit antics of some of the more colorful characters. We all know who those are This is a forum for real drifters to tell their story and show what we all like ot think is one of the most exciting form of motorsports to watch.

Marketing obviously is a part of this and you have good points... Very good points. See this as a way to spread our message of what drifting is really all about. People out there with alterior motives will spread those messages you refer to. We need to use the opportunities out there to spread the right message and show people the uniqueness of this culture and how it came to be. If we all do that then "they" cannot alter or change that message.

There are gonig to be those companies that try to do the "FnF type hype" but this is not one of them. We only hope that our hype superceeds that of anyone trying to go against the drift grain so to speak so that the only thing heard is what we all love. Now that I got all cheesy, I hope that helps.
                    This was posted about a year ago before Formula D got up and running. Does anyone else think this is more or less a contrast to how the Formula D Night Drift flyer was presented?

Edit: This was just recently brought to my attention, I'm not trying to start a crap fest just gather opinions. Lets see some more impressions of senators.

Original thread is here: http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...=&threadid=990
                    Last edited by Weapon X; 08-13-2004, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Hmmmm. Something smells fishy. Crotch rot maybe?

Comment

I've been biting my tongue for a while on this.A lot of members haven't been around long enough to remember when Formula D was first announced,but I know quite a few of us do remember the promises and reassurance being given early on,even before the series began.That's why some of us express views which may seem "inane" to others,or ridiculous.To those who may disagree with some of us,please read what we've been told,reassuraed,and promised before the current events to try and see things from our point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by spock
                          Hmmmm. Something smells fishy. Crotch rot maybe?
                          no friend, it only reeks of contradiction.

Comment

Originally posted by P1STON2ROTARY
                            no friend, it only reeks of contradiction.
                            So true!

Comment

Our concerns where valid then.. but now there stupid and ignorant?

Comment

Working...
                              X