No announcement yet.

Ask ALEX PFEIFFER Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello there Alex. 2 small questions if you dont mind, First question - is there such thing as being too heavy to drift? I suppose it also matters what kind of power its pushing. Example, Cressida's seem like they have potential to push it (7MGTE) but its a 3400lb boat. I'm aware there are indeed cressidas that drift with no problem im just trying to make a point. Is there a better of the two out of light and heavy cars when it comes to this?
    I can see where people might think whats this guy talking about...light as possible is the way to go since you can throw it around with ease, but it seems like some people may have more control over a heavier car? Does it just depend on the driver? Am I not making sense? Anyhow...

Second Question - Will you be at the grind101 on 10/31? Went to the FormulaD in houston and you put on an awesome show, hope to see you out there. Thanks man.

Comment

• Alex, let me take this one.

Cressidas aren't too heavy and have excellent power, you'd need to tune it well, it's hard to find an LSD, the transmission conversion is hard because they don't quite bolt in too well. Heavy cars are definitely harder to get sliding, but once you get it sliding its easy to get it to spin, so weight is always a problem. Its a heavy car, starters definitely shouldnt choose heavy cars. Go for the civics of drifting(240sx)

Comment

• Originally posted by DriftinCressida
        Alex, let me take this one.

Cressidas aren't too heavy and have excellent power, you'd need to tune it well, it's hard to find an LSD, the transmission conversion is hard because they don't quite bolt in too well. Heavy cars are definitely harder to get sliding, but once you get it sliding its easy to get it to spin, so weight is always a problem. Its a heavy car, starters definitely shouldnt choose heavy cars. Go for the civics of drifting(240sx)
        Haha, Yea makes sense. Are you still using the 7MGE? Thanks for the quick reply BTW...

Comment

• cars crashed, it had a 2jz, its torn now, after the crash, i had to put back the 7mge to get full coverage on insurance

Comment

• I'll be in chicago this weekend. Its going to be kinda wierd to demo with kazu and orido. That should be alot of fun. I'm really interested to see the drifters in the mid west and i know there will be alot of drivers making the journey there too.

Anyway, I feel its easier to drift in heavier cars. When you have more weight, its easier to toss it around when you need to. Gives you a wider margin of error.

If your planning on going into competition then you have to worry about the equation which is hp vs tire size vs weight. This aplies to any car you plan on drifting or griping or draging.
            BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• wow, personally that would be a rush for me, orido was the first japanese drifter i ever heard of, and by default my favourite. I remember being so excited at the first RS*R day cause of orido. what cars are gonna be brought out by RS*R to chicago anyways?

Comment

• The S2k, The supra, The s14, and im not sure if the is300 will be there also.
                BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.

What alignment settings would you recomend for my car? It is s14 with Tein HE's, your TC rods, rear toe links, and camber ajusters. This is a track only car, and I would like to have your opion on what the best settings for drifting are. (camber, caster, toe) front to rear. Thanks for your time.

Comment

• Alex, I know this question might be off the wall and if you think it is you can say no or HELL no or whatever. I was wondering if there would be anyway I could get a ride along with you drifting? I would love the chance to get a ride with you. Again most people dont want someone in the car so I understand. I will be there @ Chicago RS-R event.

Comment

• Zach, keep it simple, camber -1.75 front, - 1.5 rear. Toe 0 front, 1/8th in rear.

silviaguy,
                      I wish it was that easy that i could just give everyone a ride but it just doesnt work out that way. Expecially when im driving someone elses car and using it for demo's. They pick who gets to jump in. If its my car, then whoever is near by when i run is welcome to jump in.

Comment

• Alex,

So why do some people run crazy neg. camber in the front like -3.0?

Thanks for the advise i'll try those settings.

Zach

Comment

• Thanks, Alex I am not lucky enough to be around when that happens (I know my lucky if its wasn't for bad lucky I wouldn't have any luck at all) Oh well it will be cool to watch anyways. See you There!

Comment

• samdad(silvia guy) are you going to register your S14 for the event, or atleast for the car show

-josh

Comment

• Originally posted by Doriftogasm
                              samdad(silvia guy) are you going to register your S14 for the event, or atleast for the car show

-josh
                              Hey Josh, sorry I won't have my car there. New parts are being added it wont be ready for this. BUT I will be there.

Comment

• Wow, Alex, you totally revealed your life in your story. I just finished reading the first page and I am already falling asleep. The funny thing is, I only know part of your story even though we have met quite some time already. I still remember you kept emailing me asking me to go out to the mountains with you guys in my R32. To be honest, I thought you were just some kids wanted to see my car. And it happened that one night when you came to our touge with your hachi red coupe. That was some good old times when we had the whole parking lot in the touge full of cars. Hanging out all night BS-sing car stuff... I enjoyed those days a lot...

Oh, have fun this weekend in Chicago (I am jealous as there are no events here!!). Take a shot for me if you care... :P
                                Last edited by Hubert Young; 09-23-2004, 02:05 PM.
                                Hubert Young
                                KORE 8 Films

Comment

Working...
                                X