Ask ALEX PFEIFFER Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks

Hey Alex, I was at the JGTC media event a lil while ago. If you dont remember me I was the black guy with the fro that was carrying on like a little girly man when you took me around the track in the S2K

I just wanted to drop a line and say hi and thanks for the ride man. Like I said when I got out of the car you've totally changed my opinion about drifting S2Ks! LoL take it easy man

Comment

• holy sh!t 17 pages....you're popular

okay so.....any plans on switching to anything-but-usdm bumpers?

Alex was my first 'real' drifter instructor up in the Mt. We used to head out to the Mt. to practice or see him drive. When he first drove my car, I couldn't believed that anyone can do that.
      Totally agree with Al on this one....a hundred thanks for all your help at drift day, made a huge impact on my driving! I'm going to have to take a sip from the holy grail of steering once it comes out

Best of luck alex!
      Last edited by variant; 10-24-2004, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• i see... clutching huh... but why is it? and how does it work?

Comment

• You referring to a clutch kick? The purpose of it is to basically make the rear wheels lose traction, a lot of people use it to initiate a drift, or couple it with other methods to start a drift....or carry one out for that matter. A lot of low power guys are a big fan of the clutch kick because it gets the rear end out quickly.

i see... clutching huh... but why is it? and how does it work?

Comment

• its gotta be a lot of peeps fave way to initiate a drift..its nice and fast...but is hell on the clutch after a while...my friend b!tched at me for a while doing that in his r32...pssh..his turbo timer doesnt work and i dont even think his turbo works..but he got a new clutch...besides..the smell of used clutch is great..AKA horrible

i wish i had my s13 now...there was no one to yell at me for popping the clutch..

Comment

• i see... so clutching is not good after all... because it's not good for the clutch... is that right?

Comment

• Drifting in general is not good for the car. Its literally vehicle abuse. If you're worried about that, drifting probably isn't for you.

clutch kicking isn't all too bad since the vehicle is already in motion and things are spinning. Dropping the clutch at 7000 rpm front a standing start is harder on the clutch than a mid turn clutch kick.

Comment

• Originally posted by eighteen_05
                  i see... so clutching is not good after all... because it's not good for the clutch... is that right?
                  You can get away with quite a bit of clutch kicking without having to replace the clutch. Just use it when you really need to. If you have the right suspension setup, and you're going fast enough, a slight turn in with an increase in throttle can put your car sideways. IMO for low powered cars it's most useful at lower speeds...but it's not TOTALLY necessary..you can get away without it. But that's just what I think, I'm definately NOT the best out there.

Comment

• oh i see... THANKS guys! but how about e-braking? is it faster than clutching?

Comment

• anyway... back to topic ASK ALEX P. SOMETHING

alex... wut is your dream car? also, do you plan on ever coming over to Israel to do a demo (pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase)

Comment

• ALEX... CONGRATULATIONS HOMIE on winning the NFSU2 challange... You deserve it...

Now if Gushi's crotch wasn't in so much pain...

Comment

• Originally posted by eighteen_05
                          oh i see... THANKS guys! but how about e-braking? is it faster than clutching?
                          Ebrake is god to start a drift but it's something you need to be careful with when you're first starting out, it's easy to spin out if you hold it too long. If you don't have a spin-turn knob it's a good idea to pick one up. When you pull up on the ebrake I recommend you start to turn the car first and then give it a good solid yank, a lot of people will be heading straight, then pull up on the ebrake for a while and just complain that it doesn't drift...just make sure you turn the wheel too One thing to make sure of is that you pu in the clutch when you're going to use the ebrake, practice this until it becomes instinct. A lot of people recommend that if you start to understeer too much and you want the rear end to come out, use the ebrake, it works pretty well. Just remember that you can get sideways with a quick yank of the ebrake, don't need to hold it forever like you do in a honda-- just get on the gas right after what kind of car do you drive?

TRY THIS WITH LOTS OF SPACE

Sorry for the thread hijack Pfeiffer!

(btw this is all just what I've noticed from personal experience, I'm by no means as knowledgeable as any of the pros on the boards)

Comment

• Hey alex did ken gushi say anything to you about his crash after the need for speed event and is he scracthed up at all? And how long are you planning to keep using your 86? Sorry some of this is kinda off topic.

Comment

• He said his balls hurt from the 5th belt, you know the one between your legs.

I'll put my 86 back together when i get a chance to. Its not the most important thing on my list. I spent enough money on it in the last couple years that i need a break from it for a bit. It will be reborn again.
                              BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• OK.. Thanks a lot guys! By the way, alex may I ask you something, WHAT STYLE OF DRIFTING DO YOU USE? and HOW DO YOU PERFORM YOUR Drift? Please answer my 2 questions...

Comment

Working...
                                X