No announcement yet.

Ask ALEX PFEIFFER Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup, that will work. What spring rate do you have in the front? Need to figure out if the 250 springs that kit comes with will work.
    BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• i cant seem to find that info anywhere.. im using Eibachs.. which is a progressive spring rate...
      like everything else i do on my truck, ill have to trial and error a few set ups..
      ill have to experiment with those springs, if they wont work out, ill just buy an other set.....
      but these are the actual springs i have in the front now
      http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...1&autoview=sku

minus the 1" i cut from them :P

from the looks of it, ill have the coil over 4 link before the end of this season
      but remember, im not going all around.. once i get the back end as i need it, then ill have to figure out how im going to rebuild my front set up..

but im still thinking of a reverse link... just to add the weight in the rear
      Last edited by djnarush; 07-06-2005, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• actually, ive decided to not get a reverse link...
        if i get rear ended, im screwed

Comment

• quick.. LSD or Locker

Comment

• LSD if you can find one. If not then the locker.
            BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• Alex,

I am looking for either an FC for drifting/Road Racing. My question is, what would you do to get started with the car. (i knew you raced one in NASA pro racing). Would i just have to rebuild TII LSD or buy an aftermarket unit. I also know about putting the rear steer eliminators in there. Besides that, would i have to do anything else to get it to drift.
              -Bob

Comment

• Yeah, I'd suggest getting the steering kit with the inner and outter tie rods. It will give you way more angle then stock and that will make the biggest difference. I'm not sure if anyone stocks them here in the states or you may have to special order it.
                The stock LSD isnt that good in the fc's so when you have some spare money together, then pick up a new one.

Comment

• Hey alex, just wondering what kind of side skirts are on your battle version ae86? thanks in advance man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Down5Zigen86
                    Hey alex, just wondering what kind of side skirts are on your battle version ae86? thanks in advance man.
                    I think he runs JDM OEM AE86 SideSkirts...

Alex, got any new pics of your car, I got flamed from my friends because I converted my car back to USDM bumpers but I don't care, they are safer and the car will look stock and clean...Well anyways I would like to see some pics of your engine bay and the car in its current status...

Peace,

Comment

• Alex I have a bottle on wine.. got any suggestions on how to open it..
                      haha.. j/k see ya...

Comment

• Alex, you comming to chicago in aug?

Comment

• light weight flywheel for drifting or no?

Comment

• Down5Zigen86, BlackTruenoAE86 is right, OEM JDM

BlackTruenoAE86,
                            yeah, I like the stock bumpers, they are strong, and no one has them. Sorry but I dont have any pics of it currently.

Stannyboy,
                            You grab a set of keys off the table, stick one in it, then brake the key in half and put the rest of the keys back on the table.

djnarush,
                            yup

sdtouge,
                            You can go ligher but i dont suggest going too light, as in road racing light. The rotating mass of the motor gives you torque for clutch kicks and keeps the rear wheels from gripping when you let off the throtle.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer
                              djnarush,
                              yup

sdtouge,
                              You can go ligher but i dont suggest going too light, as in road racing light. The rotating mass of the motor gives you torque for clutch kicks and keeps the rear wheels from gripping when you let off the throtle.
                              uh oh....huh.. ummmm is a 15lb aluminum flywheel to light?
                              cuz thats what i have in my truck....

Comment

• Thanks for all your patiance in asking questions from me, as trivial as they seem . Check your PMs

Comment

Working...
                                X