X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://hondatuningmagazine.com/features/0410ht_rshonda/

Originally posted by Breaker
    Alex,

Thought my first post should go to giving you some props for what you are doing with the S2000. I love it! I'd say I'm a bit bais to the S2000 since I own one too, I really like your style. Keep it up and I'm going to keep rooting for you. Good luck this season!

So this includes my greeting to the Drifting community too. I just registered today. I've been following drifting and almost 3 years now, started through my experiences in driving simulations where I've learned some valueable theory behind drifting. Now I'm working on realizing this knowledge. Bought an S2000 because I loved the car and it meets the criteria for drifting being that it is RWD. I am hoping to realise my dreams and get some track time with the s2000 this year and improve on my understanding of this car. In its stock form, Its definately a gripper and when the rear comes out its very twitchy, I've exposed myself to a few 180s, but I know in anything, you gotta keep practicing to get better...which I am.

Any advice you can give me on where to start off with setting up the S2000 for drifting is appreciated. This is like any recommendations on good duriable coilovers, tires (brand and size setup, front rear mixing etc...). Where can I start off, and is there a demand for S2000s in the drifting scene? What is a good resource to research for getting sponsored for tires?

Thanks,

BJ
    hey bj,
    check this site out:
    http://hondatuningmagazine.com/features/0410ht_rshonda/
    i hope this give u a better understanding of ur car.
    Last edited by NoSkill Drifter; 03-15-2006, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• EastreetMotorSp,
      If your talking about an s13, they you should change to 17's in the front. It works better. The s14 you can get away with 18's up front. Also, whats your hp?

James,
      Thanks for coming out to D1 even though I wasnt running. I knew I wasnt going to make it till saturday. You going to ship your cars back to hawaii?

maxrpms,
      Right after I did the second school, I quit that place. I hated Russel Racing School. At the time, they where really unorganized and didnt treat us very well. Not sure how it is now but i'll never run one of thier cars again.
      BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• Alex,

Why am I so *Censored**Censored**Censored* for you?

Comment

• Alex,

Why does my corolla like to never run for competitions?
          Can i ever still come in and get an alignment still? hah
          Why does whiplash not kick in til 24 hours later?
          and Lastly, why did i ever agree to do that "fun" stuff at your birthday party? hahaha

----- Little Pat

Comment

• When are you gonna put a decent motor in the lex?

Check out the video.

http://www.sound-performance.com/sp%...chrissc300.htm

Comment

• Hawaii tracks

I heard the race track in HI is closed? Are they going to open a new one somewhere on Oahu or will drifters be going all over the local streets?

Mahalo.

Comment

• Hey Alex,
                I remember you telling me that you towed your hatchi with your sc300. Did you use a trailer or go for the bracket type? Also what kind of mpg's were you getting. I'm trying to pick one up since the truck I got can barely pull itself Oh yeah Great job judging at Long beach.

Later

Comment

• Originally posted by my 1 88 u
                  I know it sounds as if I am tough on Sam but I truly believe Ross, Gitten then Dai were cheated. Hell I think Sam should have scored higher than 5th in qualifying but this dropping angle to cut peoples lineshit has got to go. I thought Alex of all people would scrutinize that sort of drifting harsher.
                  Any response to this?

Comment

• Originally posted by GaijinSmash
                    Any response to this?
                    I would question my judgement if one of the drivers you spoke of, Dai, JR, or Ross made a complaint to me. At the end of the event, I talked to all the drivers and they felt the tandom competition was fair, even if they didnt win the rounds your talking about.

TIREKILLER,
                    In houston for your FD licencing runs, I didnt see 10,000 spectators waiting to see a tandom competition.
                    The rule right now is that durring the tandom rounds, both cars must pase each other up to the cone and cross the cone within a car length.

hillkill,
                    I would flat tow the car with a tow bar that I bought at Uhaul. It was like $150 but I've seen the same bar for sale someplace else for less then a hundred, I just cant remember where I saw it again. The sc300 still got about 16 to 18 MPG towing as long as your on the freeway. My sc300 is a 5 speed so the trans doesnt get too hot but I wouldnt try it with the auto.

calibre68,
                    As much as people hate the track closing down in hawaii, It may work out for the better. Sometimes things need to get worse before it gets better.

BenR,
                    Maybe soon. Now that the corolla is gone, I was thinking of making the sc a drift demo car.
                    BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• Hi Alex,
                      Following up on the latter of the comments, I picked up another coupe AE86 and was gonna think about something that the stock rearend simply will not handle. I realize your cars rear end was no cheap set-up but I need that information or pics if your car or for that matter any guidance you can provide. I know you're busy, I've seen it personally and out've respect haven't persued your phone number through friends.

Could you please take a moment and direct me towards any information reagarding this matter...Japanese sites and Hibinos stuff is too hard to follow...even with all my Japanese time...

Thanks in advance and always good luck in all your endeavors.

Booney

Comment

• Interview

Dear Mr. Pfeiffer I have sent you an email via battle version about a school interview, can you please tell me if you will complete it or not? Please read the email for more information. Thank You

Comment

• School Interview

Dear Alex, I have sent you an email via your battle version address about a school interview. I was wondering if you will complete it or not? Please refer to the email for more information. i think your the best candidate for the interview so i need to know. Thank you in advance.

Comment

• Hey Alex I have a friend that has a Miata and is getting coilovers soon, Have you messed with many? I was wondering about alingment and corner balance on it I know its kind of a pain because camber and caster are effected by one another.

Comment

• Booney,
                              I still have the s13 rear end. Next time your up this way, just call and take a look at it. Its over at G-Dimensions.

stuystudent,
                              I hope that stuff I sent worked out for you.

brainfood,
                              I've done a few miata's. Its just the normal double wishbone stuff.

Comment

• So are you coming out to Drift Day Comp 7 @ Road America again? F_N Center is calling you...

Comment

Working...
                                X