No announcement yet.

Ask ALEX PFEIFFER Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, dropped off the chassis at the coaters. I cant wait to see this thing when its done. Said its going to take a couple days.

Well, now its time for shopping. I need parts, lots of parts. So far I have nothing really. Went over to our engine supply guy and he's had a 2jzgte out of an aristo sitting in the corner for a while. They cranked it over and did a compression, unfortunatly cyl 3 and 4 are low. I was going to pick it up today but decided to look at the current na motor I have and see how good it still is. Well I didnt even pull the plugs out cause the thing was so dirty and had no starter on it. So I wouldnt beable to crank it over for compression test.

The other option is I'm still lacking a trans. I know of one localy for a decent price, but its just a 7m r154, then just a 1j bellhousing and im kinda worried about it not having the throwout bearing, clutch fork, and other small things that would be needed to get it going. I could get a whole 1jz clip and then use the na bottom half, make a 3.0 1j. Not really what I had in mind but it would get all the trans stuff needed. Not as good of a price as well.

Let me just make a list,
    Motor,
    trans,
    Pistons maybe,
    Rods maybe,
    Cams maybe,
    Clutch
    pilot bearing
    fuel rail for top feed injectors
    880cc or better top feed injectors
    fuel line
    brake lines
    big brake kit maybe? (i have some project mu pads for stock brakes, so that may work for a bit)
    Turbo, gt42? dbb67?
    Manifold, thinking ebay
    Ether an ecu with wireharness, or a wireharness with sencors for my autronic smc
    wire harness for car, thinking painless, the cheepest one with like 8 circuit
    wheels, I really need a sponcor for this one, I cant afford baller wheels
    hood, trunk, doors. Been trying my best to get seibon stuff threw some contacts, still dont know
    I picked up some cheep vertex knockoff kit ($200) and need to try to see if it fits
    fuel surge tank
    drive shaft
    front windsheild, maybe lexan all the windows?
    a cool ebrake handle, stock one is not going to match.
    dash board, car didnt come with one, and i need one for tech
    gauges? do I need anything more then water temp?
    radiator
    oil cooler, thinking of stealing it off one of my other cars.
    remote oil kit thingy. Do they have one for 2jz or just a generic one?
    steering colum, the stock one is too heavy. Heard mr2 ones or other toyota ones bolt on.
    The mirrors, i have the housings just missing the glass parts.

I dont know, if you guys can help me out with any of these things, post up or hit me up. I know there is more missing but for now, this are the big things. battleversion86@yahoo.com
    BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• A complete clutch kit is going to come with all the little things. You've really been out of this for quite a while, eh? And R154's seem pretty common, I see them pop up on Toyota forums fairly often. But then again, if you need all of the wiring and an ECU and probably every sensor that comes a long with it on top of the other stuff you have listed, I think you're just better off getting a clip. I also don't think you need to have a 3.0 right now. Once you get warmed back up I'm sure the sponsors will roll in and take care of the power you're in need of. Just get the thing running and driving. Besides, we want to see you back behind the wheel.

Comment

• Wow, that's quite a long list of stuff to do with less than one month till Long Beach FD! Anybody who can help please help! Really want to see you kick some butt again!
        Hubert Young
        KORE 8 Films

Comment

• Thanks Hubert, Havent seen you in a while?

Ok, picked up a different motor today. I was going to get that $900 one, think it had a blown headgasket. But then in the back of the room, hidden under a bunch of other motors, there it was, another 2jzgte, with all the stuff still on it. So they pulled it out, did a compression check, and all cyl good. Woot, have a motor now. No reason to post up pics of a stock motor. I didnt get time to play with it all that much, just started taking things off it then a customer came in. Did some mkiii rear links. After, had to load up the trailer and pick up my hot rod. Going to enter the www.autobarrelracing.com thing at hin this weekend. Free ticket in the door and a chance for 5k, why not. Damn battery is dead on the thing its been so long sitting in the garage. I may have to find a new one. Anyone got hookups on those small 680cca ones?

Hot rod....

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/A...s-a_129916.htm
          BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• Yea, have not been out to the tracks or anything. Taking a break.

This ABR thing looks fun! $5k is not bad! Best of luck man!
            Hubert Young
            KORE 8 Films

Comment

• Yeah, looks like fun.

I cannot express how happy I was to get the chassis back today. The pictures just dont do it justice as to how nice of a job they did. If you ever need wheels, parts, anything powdercoated in the orange area, even if your inland or la, go to these guys. Best work and best price hands down. O and they have a 25 foot oven for things like cars?

Here is the proof, and you have to see it in person to really get the feel of it. 2 stages, base was a metalic silver, then a red candy over it. I almost went with a blue color but I'm really happy with the red.

I mean it even powdercoated under the car, I really wish I spent a day wire wheeling the damn undercoat off. O well, next time and every time after this, acid dip then add cage, then add powdercoat. Can you belive this costed less then half of what I was quoted for paint?

Edit, If I see another car with the same color done at the same place, I will key your *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*!!! THey have lots of custom colors so pick your own.

Comment

• ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!?!?!!!

Sick dude just sick!

Comment

• Nice!! Love the color!
                  Hubert Young
                  KORE 8 Films

Comment

• wow that's purdy!!

But that looks awefully similar to the color on Colin's Lexus!

Comment

• .......and Dai's.

Comment

• Sucks that you're barely gonna see any of that from the outside when it's all finished. Sure is pretty though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                          wow that's purdy!!

But that looks awefully similar to the color on Colin's Lexus!
                          did you have to bring this up? That car does not need to be keyed by pfeiffer

i'll add the scratches myself

Comment

• So saturday, went to hin with the hot rod. I didnt win that autobarrel race unfortunatly, the car started acting up. The trans wouldnt stay in gear so I would have to hold it with one hand and try to drive with the other. Then it was making some bad noises in the rear end. After that all went down, some friends of mine were doing the drift demo on the other side. Someone said "hey, why dont you bring the hot rod over." So I asked if we could and yeah, brought it over to the other side of the show. Grabbed my helmit out of the truck, barrow a set of tires from John off his corolla, and went in the last demo of the night. Made just a few laps before the rear end finally let go, just pulled it in and parked it at that point.

Sunday, back to work on the car. Went into the machine shop cause its the only time we can really play and test fit new parts. Finished up making the subframe spacers to eliminate the stock bushings.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer View Post
                              So saturday, went to hin with the hot rod. I didnt win that autobarrel race unfortunatly, the car started acting up. The trans wouldnt stay in gear so I would have to hold it with one hand and try to drive with the other. Then it was making some bad noises in the rear end. After that all went down, some friends of mine were doing the drift demo on the other side. Someone said "hey, why dont you bring the hot rod over." So I asked if we could and yeah, brought it over to the other side of the show. Grabbed my helmit out of the truck, barrow a set of tires from John off his corolla, and went in the last demo of the night. Made just a few laps before the rear end finally let go, just pulled it in and parked it at that point.
                              Ok, you'll have to enlighten me. What is this (now broken, but when isn't one) "hot rod"?

Comment

Working...
                              X