No announcement yet.

Ask ALEX PFEIFFER Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver? Oh man I was hoping for white Next set of pics better show the car lowered and with some nice wheels on there

Comment

• Worked on the fuel cell. Its the summit 15 gal. Most of the cars in FD are running 5 gal cells but I hate having to put gas after 5 laps, and want to run some time attack. Figured 15 gal would be better for me. Had to do a bunch of work to it. Took all the foam out. Then cut one of the fittings off and made it a -10 now. Then had to make some much stronger mounting brackets and welded those on.

BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• mx-73 2jz swap

hey alex its john the one who wants the 2jz swap for my mx-73 cressida hit me up man so we can talk about the swap later dude!!!!

Comment

• yea yea yea, How about that motor?

Comment

• Its coming, its coming.

Starting to put things back in the car. Took the electricals off the steering shaft but think I may put it back and actually use the switches for the wipers and headlights, not sure if it would work out or be more of a headache. Then worked on the pedals. I'll be the first to admit sometimes I'll do things on the cheep when it comes to my own car. Instead of getting the factory clutch pedal and master, just took one out of a 180 clip that we were throwing away. The way I look at it, I just saved $300 but now the pedal is like an inch short. If it sucks then I'll change it later.

Dont know if I should cut the auto pedal or just leave it. You can see the 180 clutch pedal is shorter.

Then dropped the rear end down and put the stock rear brake lines back in. Still need the tubing to connect everything up to the master. Going to make new lines in the front and hopefully have that stuff soon along with the brakes from Rotora. First time you get a look at the bottom, as you can see its entirely powdercoated but over the undercoating. At least I know it wont rust but wish this thing was lighter.

Put in the axles, torqued them down, and tightened up all the rear suspension after that.
            BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• Definitely cut the auto brake pedal. I tried leaving it on a supra we converted and I kept stabbing the brake when reaching for the clutch. Couldn't imagine how much that would have sucked if that happened when the car was sideways.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
                Definitely cut the auto brake pedal. I tried leaving it on a supra we converted and I kept stabbing the brake when reaching for the clutch. Couldn't imagine how much that would have sucked if that happened when the car was sideways.
                Agreed, I drive a 240sx that ws converted and it just sucked. I'm not pro drifter but it still sucked.

Comment

• Started fitting the rad and intercooler, the bumper isnt mounted but just hung on there so I can see how much space I had to do the intercooler. Then put the camera in my back pocket and guess it got switched on at some point so this is the only pic I have.

Got bored with that so switched to mounting other things in the car like the dash, hand brake, wipers, rear lights and started on the wireing. The dash is so far away once your sitting so I think the switch panel is going to end up in the center area infront of the shifter. Made a quick mount just to see and may just keep it. Simple little aluminum panel, 6 switches and a start button. Still need to find a place to mount the kill switch and just cant find a good place for it. The hood is so high in the back, and there isnt much space under the fender to mount it ether. I may just end up drilling a hold in the 1/4 panel and sticking it there. Going to hate it but at least you can see it. The small things take so much time.

Comment

• Alex, just mount the kill switch under the hood like on the fender well and use pencil rod to make a control rod with a handle that sticks out the back of the hood at the cowl. As long as it's visible and clearly marked you shouldn't have any problems and you won't have to drill holes in the body. Just my 2 cents. See ya later.

Comment

• Wish someone would invent a battery with a relay built in to kill it. Push a button and the main power switches off. Hmm....

The quicky switch panel...

Went out and picked up some stainless brake line and started on that. Since the abs things are gone, needed to also pick up some T fittings and tie the stuff together. Here is the front.

I was originally going to T the rear in the same place since it runs double lines and I already put those back in, but after looking at the rear again, decided to just T off the rear and I'll take the other rear brake line out when the fuel lines go in.

Looks like I'll be getting a twin disk setup from competition clutch soon for the R154.

Comment

• Mishimoto sent me one intercooler, I took a look at it and was like, its too small. Emailed them back and asked if it was possible to get another one. "What for" they ask. "I'm going to try and double it up, looks too small for 1000hp, I'll show pics, I promise", Mishimoto "Ok, send Alex one more." So they sent me another intercooler, this time in black.

So, which way to make this thing bigger, was thinking first of making it double thick, put one infront the other since alot of the supra's run like 4" thick cores. Then thought of going double as long since the front of the car is so wide, problem was the frame rails are a bit low and would have to cut those out. Then was thinking of making it double tall, like the size of the rad. Then a friend was like "just make it taller" so yeah, here is how it went.

start with 2 intercoolers...

Cut the end tanks off the black one.

Pic of the inside...

Then trimed the black one up the the first core area. Cut the other end tanks but left the hose ends still on it. Then measured how much space I had in the front of the car and took a chunk out of the aluminum core. You can see it sitting up there by itself, and welded up the corners.

As you can see, its now the full height of the rad, kinda like diesel truck style. Still need to trim down a few things like that hood latch area and the high beams, then it will be nice and tight in there.

I just hope there will be enough clean air to keep the water temp down now that I filled alot of it up with this thing. Still need to finish up the end tanks but probably do that when its time for the pipeing.

Thanks Mishimoto!

Comment

• Picked up the brakes today from Rotora and did a quick test fit.

Then helped the guys clean shop at G-Dimension. Having a garage sale this weekend (4/25 and 4/26) from about 10 am till about 5. Tons of sr20det parts and a bunch of random things. I'll be there on sat for sure, dont know about sunday yet. If your not doing anything and want to check out the car, the address is 817 lawson st, 91748.

Comment

• Looking good....Tell Loren that I'll be calling him about a kit for my 370z also

Comment

• Nice work on the intercoolers!!!

Are you gonna make it to Atlanta?

Comment

• There is still way too much work before ATL. Need to call around and if anyone is driving out there and back, I may just hitch a ride and go for the fun of it.

Did a few things. Got the head back, then started on shimming the valves. Ordered a bunch of shims from toyota so hopefully get those soon. The valve lash is pretty much the only thing keeping me from putting the motor together and sticking it in the car.

Then finished up the brake lines and did the clutch line.

Got bored since I'm waiting for parts, so started on the electrical again. Think I'm going to throw away the original switch panel and made one on the dash cause it looked too empty. Used some thick carbon fiber sheet and cut it out to fit the little area in the middle.

O yeah, thats the steering wheel off my ae86, it fit the sc. Just going to leave it on there till I find a replacement since it looks better then the stock one. Started on the main circuit board. Thinking of running it behind the switch panel basicly on the firewall pretty much. That way the wires are rather hidden. Not sure if I like it yet. May redo it like alot of things I end up with.

Comment

Working...
                                X