No announcement yet.

Ask ALEX PFEIFFER Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice! Hopefully that hideos wing is coming off It maybe functional but I am sure there are plenty of other wings out there that look alot better and just as functional...Oh yea...Not that it matters to you what I think but those wheels are awful also...You cover those areas and that Vette will make the girls wet

Comment

• Or just get more dudes to drop it like its hot.
      BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• when is the Lexus going out again???

Comment

• A quick (hopefully) technical question for ya Alex. I was running your steering rack spacers on my old corolla for steering angle and they worked awesome. Do you think I might be able to do that type of mod to a Subaru rack? I finally gave up my WoW addiction (its Levin btw ) and decided to get my Suby out drifting again but first thing is I need more angle. The stock suby steering angle super sucks. Even the fwd rack from an earlier impreza isnt helping me as much as I want and I dont really want to cut up my knuckles just yet. Any other ideas on how to get more angle?
          Last edited by racer555; 03-19-2010, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• Just go straight for cutting the knuckles. Its the best way to get max angle out of a car.

I ran xdc this weekend. They allowed me to run even though I have an FD licence because I only ran half the season last year at FD, my point standings where low. I mainly wanted to run it so that I could run my lexy. She just came out in Import Tuner and wanted to help get some exposure for the sponsors of the car. Any reason to drive that car is a good one, plus irwindale is too fun of a track to pass up, that and I needed some practice after not driving since last year. The car was great, it did have a few small issues that will need a little work. Like the starter was having problems off and on. Had to bump start it half the time. And I clipped the front bumper, nothing bad, it should buff out.

Qualifying on friday was good. Got second there. Then on saturday, we also qualified good, got first, which was a mixed blessing. Forest was having problems with his car and bairly made it and got the 16th spot. Forest's team was able to get his car back together and running well again so this was going to be a tough round on both of us.

I was leading the first run and pushed it a little too deep going into the lower bank. So much so that I had to drop gears to keep from spinning but it also straightened me up enough that the judges took notice. Second lap following and I was supprised at the angle Forest had coming off the bank. I was thinking to myself "is he going to beable to make that?" Well he did and I just did my best to stick to him. The judges call a One More Time.

We both try to get our cars cooled off as fast as we can and get back in line. Back to leading the first lap and I'm pushing it around the bank. Thinking that I could get extra angle I just layed on it in 4th longer then I usually do. Well that extra angle came back to bite me when I hit full lock and lost it. All I could do was spin it out of the way and let Forest go by. Final lap and it was already done. I stuck to Forest as best I could but unless he made a bad mistake, my day was done. And it was.

All in all XDC was alot of fun. Good people, good drivers, lots of cars at the show to look at, hot girls walking around. I'm sure there will be some good pics and vids poping up shortly.
            BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• awesome driving doode. the lex is way legit!

-riley

Comment

• Thats what i was thinkin just dont wanna cut and weld 'em myself (never welded cast stuff before). Oh well guess its no fun if you dont go home with metal shavings in the undies right?

Comment

• Originally posted by racer555 View Post
                  Thats what i was thinkin just dont wanna cut and weld 'em myself (never welded cast stuff before). Oh well guess its no fun if you dont go home with metal shavings in the undies right?
                  You do know the proper way to weld cast, right?

Comment

• Nope, but I think I will just have the guys at garage vegas (bunch of vegasdrift guys) do it. They have been turnin out some nifty fab work lately.

Comment

• bringing the post back up from the dead.

The Tanaka Racing Vette got a make over for FD this year. New hood, front fenders, quarter panels, re did the front bumper, and a new wrap. Unfortunatly we broke the motor over in long beach and its currently apart. FD ATL is coming up in a week and since the Tanaka Racing Vette isn't going to make it and I really want to drive ATL again, the Lexy will be making the trip out.

Comment

• On Nittos?

Comment

• Dear Alex,

Does this mean I have to pay you $20 and a pack of smokes?

Comment

• So you ARE gonna make it? Sweet!

Can't wait to see you drive in person!

Comment

• I'm helping build an AE86 for out local events. The owner wants to run dual rear calipers, a separate one for the hydraulic e-brake. I'm trying to either source a physical bracket, or CAD drawing to be laser cut/cnc'd. I've sent Taka a message and will be talking to a few others out here in Vegas about this. If you know and/or could point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Comment

• You can drill it out by hand. Just take off the stock caliper bracket and mark the holes, then figure out where you want to put the other one and take the same thickness plate and just cut it out. That center big hole doesnt matter too much.

Comment

Working...
                                X