No announcement yet.

Ask ALEX PFEIFFER Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok cool thanks! ya me and my friend, our basically only goal is to get the license and go to one qualifying session. some may say thats a low standard or whatever but its just somethin we want to do. by seeing my location we are far from a drivers search WHICH SUCKS. but we will figure somethin out.

Comment

• Hey alex I had a question about the drift day competition course from sun. On that first sweeper the judges when they were doing the little show off entered so much differently than the competitors. I didnt hear many clutch kicks from the judges either were they mainly just using wieght transfer dynamic. Come in overspeeding and fient then turn in and lift throttle for a sec and back on the gas? Or were they clutch kicking and I just didnt notice it? I know they entered in 3rd I am guessing and then downshift to 2nd mid corner. Just curious about how to take that course correctly. thx!

Comment

• Originally posted by brainfood
        Hey alex I had a question about the drift day competition course from sun. On that first sweeper the judges when they were doing the little show off entered so much differently than the competitors. I didnt hear many clutch kicks from the judges either were they mainly just using wieght transfer dynamic. Come in overspeeding and fient then turn in and lift throttle for a sec and back on the gas? Or were they clutch kicking and I just didnt notice it? I know they entered in 3rd I am guessing and then downshift to 2nd mid corner. Just curious about how to take that course correctly. thx!

Most of them where clutch kicking as they entered, even if you didnt notice it. The more experience you get, you learn of ways to break the car loose with less effort. For example, instead of holding the ebrake for a long period of time to the point you can actually see the rear tires lock, you pull it several small times which will give you almost the same effect, but it looks alot smoother.
        BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• cool thanks, I will be out next comp. I am hoping to hit all of the drift days till then to get some practice in. This year will be focused on getting as much seat time as I can get. Thanks for the advice again. I will see you around probably next time I need to get a suspension arm the week before an event and everyone is sold out

Comment

• hey Alex its Nadine . Thank you for sitting with me at the Drift Day Competition practice! You're a really good instructor. My question for you is how do you mentally focus for competition? I was so busy being mad about you know who that I couldn't concentrate on drifting when it came time for me to do my runs haha!!! And my OTHER question is what do you think/see about all the woman drivers that competed this weekend? ANd my OTHA OTHA question is...when are you going to get Crystal a lady Battle Version 86?
            Last edited by NadineToyoda; 01-18-2005, 11:08 AM.
            Nadine Hsu
            http://www.nadine180.com
            http://www.driftingpretty.com

Comment

• Some people are really good under pressure but most dont do as well. What I try to do is blank out my mind of everything other then what i need for the runs. One way i do this is as im going up to the line to run, instead of watching the other drivers, I close my eyes and imagine my run, concintraiting on things to look at, like the breaking point, the turn in point, the apex point, the exit. If you can mentaly pick things to look at (other then the judge stand or the crowd) then it really helps you to be concistant, even under pressure.

Actually, all the girl drifters did really well and i was impressed that you all have gotten better in the last few months. I still think all the girls do have a mental block and need to learn how to think or make adjustments according to the situation, but overall everyone is learning to over come that and will learn how to adjust over time.

Part of learning to become a good driver is knowing when you make mistakes and how to correct those mistakes. Just dont get mad at yourself when you do make a mistake because you just get even madder at yourself and it hurts your learning. I notice alot of the girls are really hard on themselves when it comes to their driving.

If you take notice, guys will have a really bad day, but at the end of it, all they think and talk about with their freinds was that one really good run they had. While the girls talk about all the bad runs or the mistakes they made instead of the good ones they did. That i think adds to the stress and takes away from the fun of it.

I'll teach my girl to drift when she buys her own car!!! Maybe one of the girls could let her try their car? I dont want to watch though, im scared to ride passenger with her.
              Last edited by AlexPfeiffer; 01-18-2005, 11:40 AM.
              BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• yah your mental preparation sounds more logical than mine haha. I'll have to try that next time. Yah I noticed a lot of the girls have a mental block...whether it be lack of confidence, they can't focus, they get nervous, or they worry about crashing, I see it all. Myself, I've gotten over the fear of crashing, being nervous, and somewhat gained confidence...but yes, my block is focus!!! Okay, your girlie pie can drive one of our cars...hmmm, I'm trying to get Alex Chang to donate his car to Drifting Pretty so we can use it as a drift car for all the girls (and then off to the Irwindale bank we go) I'll work on that!!! When I get my LSD in my coupe, she's welcome to drive it at a drift day...but if she breaks it then you buy ME an 86...WORD!!! Hehehe. Thanks for the advice...and the awesome kick booty alignment.
                Nadine Hsu
                http://www.nadine180.com
                http://www.driftingpretty.com

Comment

• You hit the touge much in your free time? or just relax and wait to go back to the track.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrazyBadger
                    You hit the touge much in your free time? or just relax and wait to go back to the track.
                    Good god, I remember when Alex used to come out to the Mtn. I have never seen anyone that drives like Takumi.

Alex was one of my instructor. Touge or Track. Whenever he's around he always has time to teach me new things.

-Al

Comment

• Alex, why doesnt anyone use the 3sge out of the altezza in the 86?? I know it would have to be imported and costs more then a 4agze but isnt it a logical silution when it comes to making HP? If I have the money next year, i may do a 3sgte into my cressida. should help out with the weight distribution.

Comment

• CrazyBadger,
                        I just wait for the track events. Had a couple bad experiences on the mountain, that and i dont really have a car that i could take ether.

Toycoma,
                        Ive seen them done before. I'm not into takeing the 4ag out of a ae86. It changes the car too much for the gain in hp you may get. I can see if your only interested in drag racing. The 3s may be a good fit for your cressida though, just watch out cause those motors can be quite expencive to fix up.

Comment

• Please share, if you don't mind.
                          Whats your daily driver?

Comment

• daily car right now is a sc300 5 speed. Last one i had, i crashed at about 100mph on a mountain road. Cant remember losing it but i hit the mountain side threw a high speed, off camber S turn. It flew up in the air and rolled down the road a few times. Ive only gone to the mountain on time since that day.

Comment

• Alex, does the rollcage in your STOOK have door bars? If so, do the bars extend out into the door itself or run right beside the seat?
                              If you can't answer that because of RS-R how bout:

Alex, does the rollcage in your AE86 have door bars? If so, do the bars extend out into the door itself or run right beside the seat?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuner
                                Alex, does the rollcage in your STOOK have door bars? If so, do the bars extend out into the door itself or run right beside the seat?
                                If you can't answer that because of RS-R how bout:

Alex, does the rollcage in your AE86 have door bars? If so, do the bars extend out into the door itself or run right beside the seat?
                                dude, you were at NvsS right? I forget, did you car have a cage or just a roll bar?

Alex, what do you think about the 2rz from a tacoma in cressida then with a custom turbo kit and stand alone engine manegment? the turbo will be on the correct side atleast (away from the brake booster). I think it will cost more in the beginning then the 3sgte but motors would be slightly easier to come by.

Comment

Working...
                                X