No announcement yet.

Ask ALEX PFEIFFER Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy ish those are some old machines. What are they, Fadals?

Comment

• 2jz and trans

Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer View Post
      Thats one of the problems i have right now. No motor and no trans. I've found some 2jz's just no trans to go with it.
      I can get you the R154 trans (the strong 5 speed) for $350 (special Alex Pfieffer pricing) but you have to ship it from Montreal! (and buy the right 2JZ bellhousing from Driftmotion.com)

Comment

• Alex-

How much for a sunroof delete for my S13? I need to get rid of this leaking mess.

PM me if need be

Comment

• Cavi Mike, I have no idea. I just ask them to make stuff and it comes out how I asked.

Driftmania, Is that canadian?

Mark, No way I'm I dont another sunroof delete unless its my own car. I'm not that good at body work.

Picked it up, And there was sand in every hole and crevis. Next time I'm just going to have the car dipped. It costs more but at least it's alot less work to do to prep the chassis. So far I've wasted a few days cleaning things where it would have been done already if it was just dipped. Now I'm worried that the sand would come out when it gets coated and mess things up. O well, here is what it looks like.

BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• Yea me either on the body work

Comment

• did you try turning it upside down and shaking it a bunch?

Comment

• Wow that's a lot of sand. What the hell are you supposed to do with that? Compressed air and a shop-vac? I wouldn't even know where to start, my god.

Comment

• Yeah, I've gotten like 30lbs or more of sand out of this thing. Yes, Colin, I'm right about to pick this thing up with a forklift and stand it up. Problem is I have to barrow it from the guys next door. Kinda need it for a couple hours and they run a warehouse, so I dont know if that would work. I'm going to ask tomarro though.

O well, next update. Started off the day cleaning of coarse. Then moved onto to some dimple die plates.

Started off with some generic cut outs and trimed to fit.

Then cut some holes where I wanted the dimples and cleaned the holes and the metal.

Then some dimples, yes I was cheep when I bought my set. I should of gotten the ones that cut the holes and dimple at the same time.

Then installed, well welded in.

And the far view.

Then got back to some of the other things on the cage. I ordered some 1 1/2 x .083 wall to do the rear braces, but they hopefully will be here tomaro. So I used some 1 1/4 x .083 wall and made some braces for the fender braces. Yes braces on braces, the more bars, well not always better but always heavier. I did need to triangulate those things for some strength.

Didnt weld them in yet cause I now have a new rule, no welding once the sun goes down. For some reason, maybe its my eye sight, but it just doesnt come out as good.
                  BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• go get em alex!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• So no tubing showed up this morning, had to find something else to do. Hey, I need to block off the rear deck and the firewall. Damn rulebook.

Start with a peice of metal. This time aluminum. I love this little cutter.

Made a couple of them then just copied it over to the peice.

Then cut some out for the firewall. A couple clinko's to holed them in.

Then time to install. Used just some regular high temp silicon, then added some weights to hold them in place.

Then for the fronts, used some Devcon, which is like jb weld, just 100 times stronger.

Heres the installed pics. Figured if they are installed now, then they will be coated the same color.

Then since I was at the back of the car, I also wanted to make a jacking point cause I know this thing will be too low for me to get a jack under it and lift it up. Originally the design would have been some steel tubing and connected to the rear frame rails, but looking at the rear bumper reinforment gave me an idea. Why add more tubes to this thing when that original aluminum peice is pretty strong already. So there was this aluminum jack that was broken, took the handle off it and cut about 7 inches off, and fired up the tig. This is after welding.

And it back installed on the chassis.

It will probably get trimed once the body kit gets on. Idealy would be just under the kit.

Comment

• Ok, so my camera was in my back pocket and I guess the thing was on and the batteries died. So I was able to get one pic, guess it will be a teaser for rear cage peices.

I'll make sure to charge the thing up.

Comment

• Started off the day trying to get the rest of the sand out.

Then weld in the lower x and the rear brace.

Then added cross brace and harness bars.

Started on door bars.

And the final X's.

Trying to get this thing to the coaters by the begining of next week. Still have a few more small things to add to the cage and then final clean up. Going to be in the shop tomarro and hopefully sunday as well.

Comment

• ALEX glad to see you keep'n busy. Good luck on your FD efforts this year. Mack Mckinney

Comment

• It'll be great to see an SC out there...I LOVE this car!!!

Comment

• Thanks Mack, Havent seen you in a while.

I've always liked the sc just never had a chance to build one. Still new to the whole 2jz stuff so lets see how many times I blow this thing.

Finished up the final prep on the chassis and taking it to the coaters in the morning. Then got bored so I pulled out the front uprights, cleaned them up, and moded them.

Had to go pick up some stuff in the morning so I stopped by my friends shop who is building Dai's new Falken IS350. I made some custom suspension for the old car and ended up making a set for the new car. I supplied them with the weld on kits and Scott did the actual installs. Here is the rear suspension...

And the rear view

Comment

Working...
                                X