No announcement yet.

Sick of the Politics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

half the olympics are judged sports. Drifting is unique in that it is a judged sport but there is also often a clearly defined winner in the tandem runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Craftsman
      Quick question to you guys... Do you guys consider Drifting an judged sport or a timed sport? If judged isn't it basically an exhibition sport?

Matt.
      The nature of this question is irrelevant to the topic. We all understand that it is a judged sport based on car control.

Comment

Well then do it man. You say you are doing all this stuff to promote things in your area, great, good for you. Glad to hear it. But I haven't seen one post from you where you have invited one person from any of the sites I see you on to one of your events. You want to make a difference, you want the sport to grow, you don't want someone laughing at you, you don't want street kids from Japan being able to take out people here. You want alot. Well do something about it. Why don't you show the Drifting community what you are doing about it, it might attract more people to help you out. If you keep telling everyone you are doing something about it but no one sees it, well, if a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

What's funny man is that you are full of contradictions. You say these pro's are in it to climb the ladder. Well, if I was a pro in a series, I would do the same thing. So would you. If you didn't, you wouldn't be pro that long. I doubt that any of the current pro's that have been in it from the beginning said to themselves, "hmmm, I think i'm going to get into an automotive sport that is so obscure that not even track owners know about it, the people that are into it hate any sort of outside influence and they will hate me for being a pro in it, I think imma go there and become a star". That makes a whole lot of sense.

What's also funny is that in the beginning of this site, everyone wanted the pro's to come here and speak what they thought, well, they are here now and you guys do nothing but disagree with them, argue with them and all that other stuff. All over a series that they have no control over. You just see them as a target for all of your dislikes about the sport and you aim at them with that.

Here's a thought, if you don't like Formula D, don't freaking go. If you don't like the way Drifting is headed, don't freaking worry about it, do your own thing. If you want a different style of event, make one. You have the power, you have the knowledge and I hope you have the money. If not, maybe instead of keeping all these big plans you have under wraps, you can air them out to the community as a whole and get some help. Until then, quit bringing it up. It just turns into this crap everytime.

See I don't like the way Formula D is headed either. Not one bit, but, I know that nothing I say is going to change what they are doing so I don't just continually complain about it. I don't like the way this certain stripper at the club does her hair, but it isn't going to change, I don't like the way Mike Tyson went crazy, but it isn'tgoing to change, I also don't like the way people won't let things die down here and continue to poke at the wound, are you going to change that? Don't think so, so instead of complaining about it, I try to explain things in a way that people might understand. Guess it isn't working because you only see what you want to see and you don't even try to look at the other side of the way things are. You might want to stay away from any of the Slipstream events, you probably wouldn't see any Drifting anyway because you would be running around complaining about all the other stuff there. Me, I would just tune the rest of the crap out. I made my point at the start of that whole debate. I don't like it, hate it in fact, but, instead of complaining all the time, i'll do something about it or shut up.
        Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 08-15-2004, 01:59 PM.

Comment

You will understand... soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
            Well then do it man. You say you are doing all this stuff to promote things in your area, great, good for you. Glad to hear it. But I haven't seen one post from you where you have invited one person from any of the sites I see you on to one of your events. You want to make a difference, you want the sport to grow, you don't want someone laughing at you, you don't want street kids from Japan being able to take out people here. You want alot. Well do something about it. Why don't you show the Drifting community what you are doing about it, it might attract more people to help you out. If you keep telling everyone you are doing something about it but no one sees it, well, if a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

What's funny man is that you are full of contradictions. You say these pro's are in it to climb the ladder. Well, if I was a pro in a series, I would do the same thing. So would you. If you didn't, you wouldn't be pro that long. I doubt that any of the current pro's that have been in it from the beginning said to themselves, "hmmm, I think i'm going to get into an automotive sport that is so obscure that not even track owners know about it, the people that are into it hate any sort of outside influence and they will hate me for being a pro in it, I think imma go there and become a star". That makes a whole lot of sense.

What's also funny is that in the beginning of this site, everyone wanted the pro's to come here and speak what they thought, well, they are here now and you guys do nothing but disagree with them, argue with them and all that other stuff. All over a series that they have no control over. You just see them as a target for all of your dislikes about the sport and you aim at them with that.

Here's a thought, if you don't like Formula D, don't freaking go. If you don't like the way Drifting is headed, don't freaking worry about it, do your own thing. If you want a different style of event, make one. You have the power, you have the knowledge and I hope you have the money. If not, maybe instead of keeping all these big plans you have under wraps, you can air them out to the community as a whole and get some help. Until then, quit bringing it up. It just turns into this crap everytime.

See I don't like the way Formula D is headed either. Not one bit, but, I know that nothing I say is going to change what they are doing so I don't just continually complain about it. I don't like the way this certain stripper at the club does her hair, but it isn't going to change, I don't like the way Mike Tyson went crazy, but it isn'tgoing to change, I also don't like the way people won't let things die down here and continue to poke at the wound, are you going to change that? Don't think so, so instead of complaining about it, I try to explain things in a way that people might understand. Guess it isn't working because you only see what you want to see and you don't even try to look at the other side of the way things are. You might want to stay away from any of the Slipstream events, you probably wouldn't see any Drifting anyway because you would be running around complaining about all the other stuff there. Me, I would just tune the rest of the crap out. I made my point at the start of that whole debate. I don't like it, hate it in fact, but, instead of complaining all the time, i'll do something about it or shut up.
            Fair enough. If anyone's curious, send an e-mail to kevincrawford96@sbcglobal.net

There are driver's out there with busted up cars, who dont get any money or recognition for what they do, while these "pros" with fully built, nicely painted cars are getting laughed at during Driver's Search. I'm encouraging these people to get off their asses and participate.
            Last edited by Weapon X; 08-15-2004, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Craftsman
              Naw, Ernie was Army... He was stationed in Japan. Can we get an interview out of him?

Matt.
              thanks for clearing that up i thought he was in marines

Comment

Honestly, I don't give a crap... Just keep the racing, the cars, and add more models and I'll be happy...

More Girls!!!

Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by CFran55
                  thanks for clearing that up i thought he was in marines
                  He was in the marines...If you guys are worried about politics and biased judging just go to events where you drive and people give you respect instead or go do a grip event, if you beat him you beat him noone can say otherwise

Comment

Was he Marines? I thought his bio said Army... I prolly am wrong... as I don't know him personally...

Matt.

EDIT: Who the $*%^ wrote that he was in the Army? I read that crap wrong... NEVER TRUST A $*%^ing Magazine editor...
                    Last edited by Craftsman; 08-15-2004, 02:17 PM.

Comment

It seems as though alot of you aren't understanding the topic. The thread isn't awaiting solutions. If you are interested in the above stated then post up or email kevincrawford96@sbcglobal.net

Comment

Fair enough. If anyone's curious, send an e-mail to kevincrawford96@sbcglobal.net

If you are interested in something of this nature email kevincrawford96@sbcglobal.net
                        This is the same email address, so i'm assuming that you guys are in it together. Go ahead and send me some stuff too please. Let's all try to get on the same picture. If I can help, I will.

Comment

This is the same email address, so i'm assuming that you guys are in it together. Go ahead and send me some stuff too please. Let's all try to get on the same picture. If I can help, I will.
                          Yes sir

Comment

Let's stop complaining and get some stuff started. Everyone get with everyone in your local area and get going.
                            ghost has the right mentality. we gotta get up off of our arses and do something if we don't like what's going on. i haven't posting much the last few months but i have read the whole FD thread(the damn thing took me at least 3 hours to read last night) and it is just a lot of complaining... all talk no action. ghost and crazy hawaiian each put in a lot of wise words.

enough about that thread though, if you don't like what's going on in drifting and are willing to help do something positive send over an email to this guy kevincrawford96@sbcglobal.net

it's not even restricted to drifting... it don't matter if you drift, grip, autocross, or even drag. this is about what we all love to do. we love to drive and we love to race. that's why we're all here in the first place. driving and cars

Comment

I'm in too

Matt.

Comment

I just wanna drive, i bet all the ole skool drifters dont talk about politics and crap, they just drift and thats it. Its supposed to be a rush not a deppresant. I hate it when people start arguments on forums, its not healthy. Just go out there and drift, and post what youve done. Or ask and answer questions, but dont ask if other people think that this is heading in wrong direction. Theyre all opinions and are all right but no 1 is correct. Just drift, and shut up. DRIFT_shutup

Comment

Working...
                                X