ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MR2 vs. Miata, What car YOU rather drift with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tuner
    You like the Ubercharger?
    I just randomly picked it. In reality I would do a custom turbo install.

Comment

Only an SW20,not the AW11 MR2's,the GTS models of course.There's not enough affordable MR cars on the market,which is a shame.

Comment

MR-2 cuz I saw one today...

Comment

yeah id rather drive the miata. It just seems like a more fulfilling car than the Mr2. But your damn right on the auto-X thing. Mr2 's are wonderful auto-x cars

Comment

Miata all the way, you can't beat such a perfectly well rounded car like it.

Comment

I have to admit, I kinda like the mazda speed turbo miata. The thing must be a drift right out of the box kinda feel. The Mr2s are great, but for the money you can't go wrong with the MX5.

Comment

I'd probly go with the AW11 MR-2 Mk2 (the supercharged 4agze one). But the new 2006 Miata is looking nice if they do decide to make the optional rotory engine a reality like Mazda is planning.

Comment

Comparing a SW20 and a Miata is liking comparing apples and oranges. A closer comparison would be the ZW30 vs 1st gen Miata. The biggest difference is MR vs FR. Both are fairly light with the Spyder being slightly lighter. 1.8s both have about the same power with the 1.6 having slightly less. Midengine will have better turn-in.
                  Now comparing the SW20 and the Miata, the SW20 will have more power with 200hp at the tap for the turbo. Miata will handle better than the SW20 with less weight. If you want to be fast, I'd say the SW20. The Miata would probably be more fun though.

Stay away from the Mazdaspeed Miata. It's a bloated pig.

Comment

it only really gained like 40lbs over a normal miata and thats bloated?

Comment

Hands down, it would be a Miata (yes im biased ) but also consider the Miatas 50/50 weight distrubution!!!

PhatMiata

Comment

mr2 all teh way

Comment

Not so much that the Mazdaspeed is bloated, in my opinion all NBs (the ones without pop up headlights) are bloated. They gained something like 250 pounds over the NA. (2150 vs. 2350-2529)
                          And they aren't as good looking.
                          Last edited by MarshallMX5; 08-19-2004, 04:34 PM.

Comment

MR2 over MIATA...mainly because the MR2 rules...miatas are cool but the only toyota I like besides the 86 is the original MR2.

Comment

Last time I check, the Mazdaspeed Miata was nearly 2600lbs curb weight. That's bloated compared to the 1st Gens.

Comment

MR2's have a load of untapped potential, damn I love them. I wish people would try to break this notion that MR2's have limited capabilities as a drift car. They're set up for gripping, but I think they can make awesome drift cars with practice and changes to the car. It's what I plan on doing, I've been working to save up for a MR2

Comment

Working...
                                X