importing cars website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• importing cars website

ok find this site http://www.batfa.com/usedvehicles.html they got s13 r32 skylines 180sx fd and other stuff the prices includes shipping i think....sounds to good to be true? tell me what you think.....

the only reason those cars are so cheap is because the company simply imports them for you. you would have to pay for all the legalization on the car itself.

Comment

Originally posted by anonomousdrift
      the only reason those cars are so cheap is because the company simply imports them for you. you would have to pay for all the legalization on the car itself.
      not to sound like a$$ how much would it cost? and how you do know you ask them or import one your self?..again just asking not to sound like an a$$ or anything

Comment

Price plus shipping

The prices do not include shipping most every car i looked at cost $900 shipping. Also not to forget to import the car you have to pay federal tariffs, sales tax, and various fees. Also you cant license the car for road use unless its meets EPA standards. DOT will require you to pay to crash up to 5 cars to see if it meets federal standars, though you can get by this by getting crash test results from the manufacturer which will show if it meets standards or not. Right hand drive cars have to be tested seperately from left hand drives. Ex. Just because a 86 corolla gts meets federal standards doesnt mean a trueno will unless its been tested. There was a guy in seattle i think that imported a recent year skyline and when it was all said and done it cost him 50,000 i think. Dont be discouraged to import however it really depends on what you buy if someones already sucessfully imported a car your chances increase and costs decrease.

....my 2 bits..

Comment

I use to have a lot of websites on my favorites that are similar to the one above. I deleted them all, because I know I can't have one...Just find someone who already has a legalized RHD and buy it from them...I don't know about your area, but they do it a lot in my area...

Comment

Batfa's been around a long time. They do not legalize the car for you. You can keep it in the US for 1 year under the Rallye rule if it still applies, then you have to send it back. That means no street driving, race only.

Also, an 86 doesn't need to be crash tested because it does not fall under the 15 year rule. In some states you have to have a title for 15 years, then it's Bill of Sale after that. Once you have B.O.S. status on a car, it no longer needs emmisions in some states. Some states is 20 years. You can import in Truenos and what not and not have to worry about Legalization as much as say an R34.

There are also ways around this rule. I have seen it done in Ga with a Soarer. The guy ordered a VIN, applied it to the car and then had the Sherriff come out, inspect the vehicle and then he had a title for it. Far as I know, that car is still running around Atlanta. I almost bought it.

My advice, look at your LOCAL laws first. The big Fed ones tend to get watered down in the small towns of say Ga. You would be suprised what a nice smile and some flirting can get you down at the local Tag Office.

Comment

ahahhaha thats funny ghost

"My advice, look at your LOCAL laws first. The big Fed ones tend to get watered down in the small towns of say Ga. You would be suprised what a nice smile and some flirting can get you down at the local Tag Office."

Comment

hey ghost what do you mean you will have to send it back within a years time? why is that?

Comment

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/...VSS/index.html

if you can make the car meet all above standards then hooray for you, if not you can't drive it legally on the street.

some more info:

"There are ways to import vehicles into the US. Normally they are imported as substaincially similar to a US model. Then what happens is anything that is different between the US DOT legal vehicle and the vehicle from overseas would need to be changed to be the same as a US model. For example - headlights , tailights , mph speedometer cluster. The DOT no longer accepts right hand drive cars as being substaincially similar to the US model unless the manufacturer provides information to the DOT stating the vehicles are substancially similar.
                  Additionally the engine in the vehicle must be available in the US or the engine must be certified for the US."

Comment

Ghost is right.

Comment

Working...
                    X