death of the mr2 and celica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• death of the mr2 and celica

that's right toyota is dropping the mid-engine mr2 and the celica.....due to a drop in sales of both cars,they are going out of production well here in the states don't know 'bout in japan....look to see both cars on sale at toyota dealers....man the mr2 crazy on the touges too.......say good bye to one of the only mid-engine cars in the u.s boys

Hate to burst your bubble, but there are other MR cars in the US. Theres the Lambos, Pontiac's Fiero, the Lotuses... That is unless you ment affordable MR cars. As long as there's ebay and classifieds we'll still be able to get ahold of MR2s, just not new ones.

Comment

keywords "one of"

so calm down other guy

Comment

Originally posted by RotaDrift
        keywords "one of"

so calm down other guy
        hahahaaha...

Comment

Sorry I misread it.

Comment

Originally posted by rakeron
            Sorry I misread it.
            it's cool....now let's now go off topic....

Comment

wouldn't be a thread on drifting.com if it didn't go off topic within 6 posts.

Comment

i like apples?

there we go were off topic

Comment

I dont like the new style MR2s. They look so goofy to me. I would take and older style MR2 anyday.

And fuk Celicas. Heh

Comment

I'm surprised the Celica was going out. I see quite a few of those. As far as MR2s go, what do you expect when you only ship 5,000 of them to the States a year?

God, what a goofy *Censored**Censored**Censored* looking car! Actually, admittedly I didn't initially like the Spyder. That was until I find out it actually got lighter rather than heavier. At under 2200lbs, try to get a SW20 to stop and turn like this.

Comment

Sad to see the MRS go,but its great the Celica is leaving .Toyota has been doing them wrong since the mid to late eighties.

Comment

i never liked the celica's. but i have to admit that the sw20's and newer models are awesome to drive.

Comment

The stylign of the MR-S is more like the Zenki and PS13 JDM headlight, you don't like it right away when you look at it the very first time. It just grows on you, just like my S14 kouki tailights.
                          Besides the MR-S was from what read, fixed the wheel basek as the MR-2's were a little too short. The car was extremly balance when I took my friend's MR-S on a long twisty road. Even though the car was not turbo charged wich was a big let down, especially on the highways, such as 240's with Ka's.
                          But when from a little test to see which cars acclerated faster, he went against 2 friends of his with turbo MR-2's. And supposedly they were neck to neck till after 3rd gear. It's not shifting becuase MR-S guy shifts like crap, he was still learning (grinding gears) and has a little extra padding on himself. Unless both Mr-2 drivers can't drive for schit. Oh well.
                          So, the MR-S in my opinon is alot better for short straight roads with alot of twisty 2nd gear corners.

Comment

i belive the celica died in the mid 90's when they dropped the AWD turbo model, forget what it was called. Or when they stopped rwd and went to fwd. the Mr2... ahh no loss to me really, none of the 3rd gen cars were een sold in canada and 1st and 2nd gen cars are rather rare. Perhaps the corolla XRS is taking over.

Comment

Yeah dropping the all-trac here was unforgivable. The new mr-s I didn't like the styling but yeah. Sucks to see em go.

Comment

Working...
                              X