No announcement yet.

BNR34 Shell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The VG motor would pretty much be a straght drop, maybe a fabed driveshaft. I've stopped asking people why, it just sounds interesting.

Comment

heres what I would do and want to do.

buy a skyline in Japan. Find somebody with the containers. Before you ship it take everything off the car to make it look like almost nothing-engine, fenders, doors, dash etc. keep all that stuff stuff safe. you're going to need it later.

when the car gets to the US, get all the parts and put it back together while modding it at the same time.

why would you want to get rid of the RB26. I guess you have'nt seen the Mine's skyline clip in Best motoring vid.

Comment

So let me ask...

Anyone know anyone in Japan that is willing to help me/us out? I can find someone in shipping... But if there is nothing to ship... my part is useless.

As to the reasoning of using a different engine: Legal Issues. I figure the Georgia DMV won't get to prissy as long as the engine emissions aren't bad. Things in GA are very relaxed when it comes to cars. So I don't think they will care too much about the paneling (or whatever else is wrong) on the car not being DOT approved.

But like I said, I don't want to do anything illegally. I'm going to call up the DMV when i get the chance and see what it takes to get a VIN number for a "Custom Built/Kit Car." But if that doesn’t work then it will strictly be for racing only.

On another note, with an Americanized engine in the car, that would require and Americanized transmission correct? I'm not too familiar with Japanese transmission setups, but aren't they like....

531 Vs America's 135
        R42.................. 24R

or are they the same? Both being the same setup (second one)

Still the first problem to solve is finding a supplier of "Disassembled" Skylines

Anyone here in the "Land of the Rising Sun"?

Edit found one: www.batfa.com
        Thanks to: FD3S_pilot
        Last edited by VertigoEpidemic; 08-24-2004, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X