Cressida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cressida

well, its time that i finally bought a car. i have around $2000 i can spend and i want to get into drifting, but also want a reliable car that i can get to school with ect. now after looking around, the market for 240sx and rx7 are way way over priced. i mean a 1991 240sx going for $2500 when kbb value is at 1700?? crazy.

now, i am looking at cressidas, 4 door, power, and its a drifter. what do u guys suggest in getting for a first time drifter and one with a budget that wants a reliable car??

btw, i am located in northern cali, around sacramento, if anyone has anything availbul

Drifter+budget= Hard.

Comment

if you plan on getting a cressida go for it, but.....you will probably only find automatic transmission.......if you want to spend more on a swap from an a70 supra to convert it to manual transmission got for it if, you have enough money......i found one for 1200 but its automatic and after i buy it i plan on saving up later on for the 2jz from the gs300 whicn is around 1.5k....so good luck.....i would say just get the 240sx.......even though everybody and there mom has one doesnt mean they still arnt cool......from what friends say, they are easy to learn in........but thats my opinion.....

Comment

i suggest you get a car for drifting and an another car for a daily driver.

Cressidas are ok but. You can get a car like mine. Nissan leopard. pics...

Last edited by UF31Leopard; 08-20-2004, 09:41 PM.

Comment

isnt that a infinity?

Comment

i dont think we have those in the US......BTW sick *Censored**Censored**Censored* car!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FormulaDrifter
              i dont think we have those in the US......BTW sick *Censored**Censored**Censored* car!!!!!
              Look at my licence plate. it has a rainbow. guess which state? and look where my location is. sorry erased pic.
              Last edited by UF31Leopard; 08-21-2004, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Infiniti M30.

Comment

are those rwd?

Comment

yeah, are thsoe Rear wheel drive???

i thought about one of those, but they are sooo rare around here....

i have seen a couple this year but none lately

Comment

Leopard, I don't think you seriously need to put a pic everytime you post a reply do you? Anyways, back to the subject.

If you're willing to cope with the work of the Cressida, the better version would be the Boxy one(MX73, 87's). It'd be much easier to transplant a manual transmission into it rather than the later models which requires much more bolting and cutting out, but I still think the later model cressidas look better. 2JZ's fit pretty well, just finding the places to put turbos are pretty hard. Alot of people go for 1JZ, but who the hell knows why. If you need more info, goto www.toyotacressida.com Have fun, and good luck on your decision.

Comment

Originally posted by FormulaDrifter
                        are those rwd?
                        yes they are.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DriftinCressida
                          [B]Leopard, I don't think you seriously need to put a pic everytime you post a reply do you? Anyways, back to the subject.
                          QUOTE]

sorry man. I erased the pic cause i guess it bothers you. I think that I've only posted pics 3 or 4 times out of all my 22 posts. but hey if you think I'm posting to much picks i'll keep it to a minimum.
                          peace.

Comment

Originally posted by UF31Leopard

Cressidas are ok but. You can get a car like mine. Nissan leopard. pics...
                            what are the qualities that make the Cressida OK? and Your implied statement about how the Leopard is better than the Cressida, can you give a few reasons WHY?

Comment

Originally posted by DriftinCressida
                              what are the qualities that make the Cressida OK? and Your implied statement about how the Leopard is better than the Cressida, can you give a few reasons WHY?

I never implied that leopards were better. I said "cress' are ok, but you can get a car like mine." yeah I can understand why you thought that I implied that, but it was not my intention. Well I think leopards are OK too. I don't think leopards are "better" cars but it's another option i can give him for a car other than a 240/rx7/GTS, thats all. I posted up pics to show him what the car looks like. sorry if I offended you saying Cress' are OK. Im not trying to have any internet debates on which car is better and why. who cares? people have different opinions on what cars they like and don't like. its just personal preference.
                              last i have to say is Peace, and I'll leave it at that.
                              Last edited by UF31Leopard; 08-21-2004, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X