ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(THIS SUNDAY) Formula D, "Who's Going?" Vote Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (THIS SUNDAY) Formula D, "Who's Going?" Vote Now!

Irwindale Speedway- Sunday AUGUST 29th, 2004

The final round of the Need For Speed Underground Formula Drift® Championship will crown the top drifter in the North America. The event runs from 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM on Sunday August 29thth. For more information or to buy tickets for event please visit www.formulad.com. Tickets are $20 when purchased online and $25 at the gate.

The fourth and final round of the 2004 championship will wrap up in Southern California at the US Mecca of drifting, Irwindale Speedway. On August 29th the best of the best will vie for the title of The Need For Speed Formula Drift® Champion. Sam “The Crazy Swede” Hubinette in the Mopar Dodge Viper is the points leader and looks to clinch the championship, but 2nd in points is Chris Forsberg of Team Motorex in his Nissan 350 Z, 3rd in points is Dai Yoshihara of Team Pacific Rim, and 4th in points is Ken Gushi of Gushi Auto/Rotora still have a chance at winning the championship, making the final race at Irwindale a must see event. Over 40 drivers will compete in the fourth round with an open invite to any qualified drifters in area that have cars built to drifting specifications.

Seigo Yamamoto and Ucchi Utsumi and legendary driver Tarzan Yamada will not only be judging the events but will also be performing incredible drifting maneuvers.

Drivers List:
    Rhys Millen
    Chris Forsberg
    Andy Yen
    Vaughn Gittin
    Calvin Wan
    Ross Petty
    Ken Gushi
    Ernie Fixmer
    Dai Yoshihara
    James Bondurant
    Ryan Hampton
    Charlie Ongsingco
    Tony Schulz

Rich Rutherford
    Samuel Hubinette
    Benson Hsu
    Hubert Young
    Alex Pfeiffer
    Taka Aono
    Hiro Sumida
    Verena Mei

Eric Jacobs
    Tyler Mcquarrie
    Barry Wong
    Steven Oliberos
    Tsutoma Maehana
    takahiro Fujita
    Alex Chang
    Jay Lapid
    Casper Canul
    Yoshie shuyama
    Wes Hamachi
    Stephen Papadakis
    Al Lagura
    Eric Threats
    Ali Aljibouri
    James Evans
    Brian Forster
    Ko Kagiya
    Chris Milano
    Tim Barber
    todd ho
    martin harjani
    josh chang
    chinky
    YES
    52.94%
    Maybe
    5.88%
    NO
    41.18%

Ill be there competiting...

Comment

w00t w00t. I'm there...

Wow, I really don't wish that the Dodge Competition Coupe doesn't sweep, but it really looks inevitable...

On the bright side, alot of the underdog drivers are working their butts of to get here.

Derek Rogers! TEXAS REPRESENT!!!

Matt.

Comment

ill be there ...prolly around the RC drift guys

Comment

damn this time the rotary power car is coming out strong everyone look for my sticker on the back of the car if ya didnt noe its a red fd and ross petty is the driver but yea tyhis time were comin out strong!!!!

Comment

me!

ill be there thanks to drifting.com!

Comment

me too THANKS DRIFTING.COM!!!!

Comment

I wish there were more event on the east side... theres never anything going on out here besides draging and ovals.

Comment

i would if i could but im on the east cost

Comment

it's on a sunday? i would've sworn it was on a saturday.

Comment

I can't. School starts the next day. Couldn't they have just waited one more week for Labor day weekend? I mean jeez, if that were the case, I'd be there in a heartbeat. If not that, then just have it on a Saturday to give me a day to drive home. I'm sure this is the case for more people besides me, and I think they should have taken it into consideration when planning this event. Oh well, I know who's gonna win anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by DONKEY_WEAR
                        damn this time the rotary power car is coming out strong everyone look for my sticker on the back of the car if ya didnt noe its a red fd and ross petty is the driver but yea tyhis time were comin out strong!!!!
                        any pics of it? i'll be onthe look out for it

Comment

Hey guys,
                          sorry if this seems stupid, but do you know any pro drifters from Connecticut?

Comment

I wish I could be there...I have not gone to one yet!!! that really blows. Well anyways my Brother will be there working the Autometer booth stop by and say hi! That lucky bastard!

Comment

Reminder,

Formula D starts TODAY at 3PM

Comment

Working...
                              X