Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In case you were wondering, this is the thread in reference...
    http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=7519

Ah, I just noticed that the original poster is a MOD.
    No wonder I was banned.
    Geeez.

Just checked out the profile.
    The guy is just 20 years old.
    What are the qualifications of being a MOD?
    You just need to know the admins?

Do you get banned for having a disagreement with a MOD?
    Last edited by f8ldzz; 08-23-2004, 02:58 PM.

Comment

No. The qualifications for being a mod are but are not limited too, Knowledge, fairness, kindness and many more. Nissan_guy and I have been here for a long time. You think this place is bad now? You should have seen it almost a year ago. Total zoo, with everyone busting and flaming on everybody. So we cracked down and we cracked down hard because none of us want this place to become a haven for flaming, personal slamming or all out stupidity like so many other forums have. So you will have to excuse any of the mods if they came down on you with what you think was unfair. You getting banned was not because he was a mod, the admins would have done the same thing for any other member.

We, the mods, cannot ban you. We are actually your last line of defense from getting banned, or your first stop on the way to getting banned. If you feel that you have done nothing wrong, in the future come to a mod, we will talk to the Admins and see what can be done. If we think you are doing something wrong, either we, or other users of the forum report your post. Works both ways. Actually, other users reported what was said. There were at least 3 reports on that thread. See the Admins ban people. They make their own decisions, they ask our opinions, and take stock in them highly, but in the end, it is their decision. We speak to them on a daily basis, putting out fires, stamping out trouble and what-not. I rarely vote for banning. I believe in debating, professional adult debating, not the calling of BS, name calling, insult slinging type of debating that normally goes on in other forums.

I have read some of your posts and you have alot of good info to share it seems. So please don't let all this drive you away. We are very protective of our forum and will not stand for any crap on it, that's why we are the way we are. None of us know the admins personally. We were all asked to do a job or recommended by other mods to do a job and we take it seriously. Our job is to make sure that everyone can access information and not get hammered if they get something wrong. We have alot of people on this site that can give out some mis-information. Someone like yourself, who seems to know what they are talking about, can correct them and send them out with a better understanding than they came in with. If we let personal attacks or any of that stuff go down, they will keep going down the mis-informed road they came in on.

In the end, this is a forum for information, not a hang out place. If you make some friends like alot of us have along the way, great. Get to know some people and maybe you might like it alot better.
      Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 08-23-2004, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by f8ldzz
        In case you were wondering, this is the thread in reference...
        http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=7519

Ah, I just noticed that the original poster is a MOD.
        No wonder I was banned.
        Geeez.

Just checked out the profile.
        The guy is just 20 years old.
        What are the qualifications of being a MOD?
        You just need to know the admins?

Do you get banned for having a disagreement with a MOD?

I dont know about anyone else, But I read that thread. You came off as an as$hole there buddy. Question, if you want to disagree with someone, why the sarcasm? Why bring it up, like it was such a big deal? I brake before entering a tight corner and the "brakes" get really hot. So whats with the sarcastic remarks?

With that attitude, you came off with an impression that you are the superior tuner. I think I would've done the same thing in NG_24 shoes.

Comment

Saying not everyone has the abilty to drift daily is a lie. If you want it bad enough you can. I want it, so i go out daily, even if its only one spot, im still out there. So while you are talking about drifting, i will acutally be gaining skill. And you know its your choice to type about it, and it my choice to drift. Its your life your decision how you spend your time. So have fun w/ you day dreaming.

Comment

You know, I wish you were out Drifting so you could have spared us that bit of hypocrisy. Gain all your skill, i'm happy for you, i'm all for it. My offer still stands. The meet is on the 17th. Pictures of my car's are on here for you to see so you know what i'm driving. No suprise there.

I do agree with one thing, if you want something bad enough, nothing is unattainable.
            Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 08-23-2004, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DriftLanta
              Saying not everyone has the abilty to drift daily is a lie. If you want it bad enough you can. I want it, so i go out daily, even if its only one spot, im still out there. So while you are talking about drifting, i will acutally be gaining skill. And you know its your choice to type about it, and it my choice to drift. Its your life your decision how you spend your time. So have fun w/ you day dreaming.
              I say drift everyday like you do...drift illegally, get your car impounded, get your liscense taken away, and get your self hurt.

I really don't understand what was your point of posting on a drifting board if you're just gonna talk smack on everyone else.

Why am I here?? To make friends, talk about drifting, help others and to learn.

We really don't need trash like you, if you keep talking like that. You mind as well stop typing and go drift, like you brag so much about.

______
              Sorry everyone and the rest of the mods, but I really can't stand for ignorant people like him/her. I wish I could say more...

Comment

Im not bragging, the subject was brought by up another person about not being able to drift everyday. Ghost why do you even have any input to the subject of drifting, you don't even drift. That has to be the most lame thing in the world, being a wanna be. And i already meet you, i didn't care for you then. I have no need for posers in my life.

Boy this is so much fun, it dosn't take much to hit a sore spot with people that don't actually drift. Thats why iam a troll, because i have better things to do then have wet dreams about drifting. you ask what brings me here, everything, and anything about drifting, so if you don't like it go f-yourself.

Comment

Actually, this can be handled in a better way.

Show us what you have. Show us your skills. They don'thave to be all that grand, just show us something. Show us that you actually have a car, can drive and not just Trolling around on here trying to start trouble. Until then, quite down unless you have something constructive to add.

See thats also funny. I never claimed to be a suepr Drifter. I have said numerous times, I am more of a Gripper. But anyways. If this is who I think it is, Chris. You really need to check yourself, I wouldn't travel too much in public if I were you, thieves tend to get what's coming to them. If it's not and you are some random troll, you are gone so say bye bye.
                  Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 08-23-2004, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Then why so much hate for the rest of the community??? Whats with all the negative comments?? The arrogance?? Have you won any driver searches or competitions, we can look up?? I don't know what really makes you better than anyone else on this board. I do however see what makes you a lowly person, someone with a bad attitude who isn't worth being friends with.

I love drifting, I don't neceesarily love everything thats happening about it. But you don't see me being a biitch to everyone.

Comment

Those are my only credentials Wickdmarz, i love drifting, i want to share information and techniques. I never claimed to be good or great. In the thread that was brought up by f8ldzz he wasnt reported for dissagreeing with me, He was reported for attacking me. I did not state a theory, or half *Censored**Censored**Censored* opinion i stated what happens to ME, in my car. If others in similar cars dont have that problem then thats good, perhaps they could share with us there technique, or brake pads there running, or weight of the car, or person (im pretty heavy my self) or some other piece of information so i, and others with that problem can try to correct our mistakes.

In fact in my post i clearly stated it depending on a number of factors.

The response i got from f8ldzz was him trying to "call me out" based on my credentials and track experience ect.. anyone who post here knows i dont have any of those. Then he also took a cheap pot shot at me mispelling a hononyhm The fact is if that is the attitude he wants to display here then he is not welcome.

IF he had something to actually add in that thread that would be another story. He was simply trying to show me up.

And by the way, i am the guy usualy fighting to keep people from being banned. That is why i became a mod. It has nothing to do with knowing the admins, i barely know them how is, they are a pretty private bunch, but friendly non the less. However you noticed by looking at this thead that we are cracking down on the sort of attitude you displayed in that thread. Frankly it makes people not want to post. Lets say i had been a new poster, my first post was explaning i get bad brake fade under those conditions, and you made the same comment and that guy desided not to come back. Then next time someone is asking about brake fad under similar conditions we will have one less person to give input. Not opinions, not theories, But been there done that experience and input.

See, although this forum is blessed with visits from certain professional drifters it really doesnt work that way. I mean we dont rely on them for tips and experience and advice ect.. although it is always welcomed they are busy people and we dont expect it from them. instead we work threw a process of having many many amateur drifters. In all kinds of levels of ability and skill, From all professions. That way instead of having one person whos good give information and it taken as the gospel we have dozens, hopefully a hundred people giving there experiences and set ups, which helps further the spread of ideas and techniques and helps promote the overall level of drifting.

Every time someone is an asshole it drives away one more person, maybe it was kid who hasnt drifted yet. a potential drifter, maybe he will be better recieved at the honda forum or something because he has a civic as a commuter or even a cruiser or street racer. Thats one more person we loose in the drifting world. Or one more person who thinks all drifters are arrogant assholes.

I am happy to say i no longer believe in that stereotype after hanging around this with its friendly people for so long. But i did believe it when i first joined, and in some places its still prevelent. It is an understandable attitude drifters are skilled at the impressive things they do. However its very unfriendly.

You probly dont care about up comming drifters or the 'n00bs' or the kids etc.. But everyone you drive a new poster off with a bad attitude you take the chance of that guy being highly skilled, or quite talented, or a quick learner, or very bright, or already established. And you lower the overall image of the site, which will keep new posters who may or may not be accomplished drifters already from posting.

That is why we do our best to keep this site clean. That is why i posted this thread, and that is why i am cracking down. If you have a problem with that then feel free to post elsewhere. Because people who continue to show that attitude will not be allowed here.

Comment

Working...
                      X