No announcement yet.

an evolution of Millen's weird idea...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• an evolution of Millen's weird idea...

Ok, I am sure we all gasped a while ago when Rhys suggested trucks and jumps for drifting... but he did bring up an interesting point.

What about having an Irwindale-style circuit in a bigger stadium? A baseball stadium would lend itself quite well to drifting, as there would be lots of space, and there could be an infinite amount of course designs. Also, this could bring drifting into the cities, and help boost spectator numbers. You could also have events up in the northern half of the US and in Canada during the winter, without having to worry about snow.

I think I would be opposed to paving the outfield at fendway though

But for real, what would you use for a surface?

Comment

formula d couldnt fill irwindale, how could they fill a stadium?

Comment

Originally posted by hatebbobbarker
        formula d couldnt fill irwindale, how could they fill a stadium?
        what are you talking about? it was full..

Comment

Only problem I see with enclosed areas is the CO levels. Alot of the drivers claim that they are running catalyic converters, but you know that's just not true. Even if it were the case, CO2 levels would elevate very high by the end of the event.

I like the idea, just don't see the practicality of it. Sorry man. I think purpose built tracks for cart and drifting would be much better.

Matt.

Comment

did formula D sell out?
            i know d1 did, and formula d had TONS of open space in the stands.

Comment

Out East we've been known to use indoor tracks for Midget, Micro Sprint and TQ Midget racing, namely in Atlantic City at Boardwalk Hall.

It can be done, you just have to find a place big enough and tolerant enough to try it.

Comment

i know not all dimonds are as small as wrigley but 365 feet is not a good distance to drift with. That will come up in about 2 seconds. sorry but its not to smart of an idea. even using a basket ball court they would have to take the first couple rows out and it would still suck. just stick with race tracks thats why they are there and i would be pissed if some ripped up wrigley

go CUBBIES

Comment

i dont know why he is trying to reinvent Mickey Thompson offroad series.

Comment

I was thinking about a stadium like the skydome in toronto (only real stadium I guess I have been to... I've been to way more races than baseball games!). It has a concrete floor, and most stadiums would have exhaust fans that would take pretty much all the exhaust fumes out...

Besides, wrigley field would be terrible in all aspects, as it is small, has real grass, and is totally open and therefore sound levels would be too high for an inner-city event.

Comment

idk here in louisiana im sure we could get the superdome.....
                      the saints suck anyways wed prolly get a better turnout LOL

Comment

ive have watched supercross in the superdome when i used to live in new orleans. i still doubt that we'll get drifting into any kind of stadium here any time soon

Comment

Working...
                        X