No announcement yet.

Initial D ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.) What version of Initial D are you watching? The English dub version is horrible with so many changes.

2.) There is a Best Motoring video with an R34 and an 86 going downhill on the touge, the 86 won.

Comment

i didnt know that the Dorikin had anything to do with ID..... hmph... you learn something new everyday.... (wonder if hes basing it on his own experiences back in the day....)

Comment

INITIAL D OWNZ!!!

Well I say Initial D rocks!!

I say Its a Great Animie For any novice or someone wanting to get into drifting..WHY??Well It Talks about basic skills and mistakes that people can make in driving\Drifting..Look at his Friend,Itsuki..Yes He is hella Annoying!! But it makes the Series Funny..HAr HAR lol..Don't buy a HATCHI GO!! lolz..
        I personaly own a fc and a fb..RX7 fc = 2nd gen and fb = 1st gen to you noobies..

Well Anyways Im gonna go play counterstrike..

Comment

Pshh, Initial D is good and all but it just seems to put this thought that an 86 has super magical powers so it can beat R34's, and yes the Drift KIng did beat an R34 but look at his name Drift KING.
          Just my.02

Comment

Originally posted by lancer Evo V
            Pshh, Initial D is good and all but it just seems to put this thought that an 86 has super magical powers so it can beat R34's, and yes the Drift KIng did beat an R34 but look at his name Drift KING.
            Just my.02
            I can see that, because Takumi always seems to win against impossible odds, and against much higher horsepower cars. but it's a story, animation, of course it's not going to be 100% realistic. It just shows how much more driver skill is than what you're driving. for example, Dec. 6, I got to pound the hell out of an S4, in my nearly stock 240. his car is way faster than mine, better in every category, but I could drive better.

Comment

RE:

And plus, if Takumi LOST his races, would the series make any sense?

Comment

No no no no, this wasn't an attack on drifting.

I meant to write, "many posters list intial D are THEIR spark of interest for drifting"

I looking at the series from a Anime fan's perspective, and I just don't like it. It's main flaws, IMO, lie in its story and characters.

I watch the entire series (1-2) and the movies in a 3 day sitting. All my friends really liked it, and I just wanted to give it a chance by watching it in its entirety.

One day I raced my friend out in the nearby forest road, and he started imitating everything he saw in intial D without realizing that drifting is asthetic technique with argurable technical benifits (I.e better car control, enhanced control at the limits). Because of his antics, I nearly hit his car! A month later, his FC, which I admired greatly, crashed into a freeway wall!

Sure my friend is a dumbass, and the accidents were not strictly the cause of his Intial D fantaticism. However, I think a show like intial D lends itself to idiots. If my friend hadn't had seen this show he would probably still have an FC.

Comment

driftmunky where you watching the tokyo pop ver. of Intial D? I watched the japanesse ver. 1st and love it from the start. I just rented the tokyo pop ver. from blockbuster and I couldn't even watch the 1st chapter of it. I had to turn it off. The Tokyo Pop ver. Suck if you ask me.

Comment

good to see that tokyopop is still pissing off people.

if you want a realistic cartoon watch something like gundam. my giant robot acts exactly like the one on the show. ha!

There is a difference between entertainment and real life scenarios. you wanna drift like a champ, go to drift day and learn. that's step one.

Comment

Re: RE:

Originally posted by ACDSupra7
                      haha, good point

Comment

Why are you hating on Initial D? We should be happy that there's a cartoon that identifies drifting.

1. It's a way to reach out to the next generation of Drifters.

2. It's a great review of the basics of drifting.

3. It examines differences between cars and techniques.

Sure, all of us know most of that stuff, but sometimes we need to be reminded.

Comment

Re: RE:

Originally posted by ACDSupra7
                          His engine blew when racing an evo in 2nd stage

Comment

Re: Re: RE:

Originally posted by Akira714
                            His engine blew when racing an evo in 2nd stage
                            WHA...?! DAMN MAN, C'MON!!

j/k, got the whole series, japanese version

Comment

Originally posted by Space Boy
                              Why are you hating on Initial D? We should be happy that there's a cartoon that identifies drifting.

1. It's a way to reach out to the next generation of Drifters.

2. It's a great review of the basics of drifting.

3. It examines differences between cars and techniques.

Sure, all of us know most of that stuff, but sometimes we need to be reminded.
                              It's centered around touge racing,not drifting.Anyone notice how similiar Takumi is to Tsuchiya.

Comment

I find Initial D very entertaining. It is great that there is an anime centered around drifting. Itsuki is funny as all hell!

Comment

Working...
                                X