Drift Bible AE86

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, agreed with pg.

also, are you asking so you can have parts for your car or are you just killing time? i understand if you are interested in making purchases, but if you're just curious about parts for no reason other than to entertain your brain, then i'd suggest this.

Comment

no actually my friend just purchased an 86 in fairly good condition and he has enough money for a pair of coilovers, so he wanted to know where he could get a pair of these. Can anyone actually help me to tell him instead of tellin me to go to google cause i wnet there a thousand times, and i went to yahoo japan, and all of that stuff. thanks alot.

-EO

Comment

help us out yall where can we get a set of these?

Comment

k, don't take this as a flame because it's not, but:

You do NOT need the coilovers that tsuchiya was using. they are obviously very rare and are going to more than likely going to cost you a fortune, neither of which make them particularly better for your situation. find a reasonably priced set of tanabe's or tein's or something along those lines, and rock it.

also, you say your friend just bought an 86? my advice, wrong as it may be, is:

learn to drive the car. if he just got it, then he needs to play with it, alot. take it out and thrash it. Learn to know it's strengths and weeknesses, and when he's completely comfortable with it, he should've learned enough to know better what sort of coilovers here needs. my guess is, he doesn't need any. save money and get springs and shocks, then learn to drive, then we you are good enough that you are held back by the car's suspension, get your coilovers.

Comment

I think its funny when I see guys in the magazines buy $2000 86s and then add another $20,000 in JDM parts to make the car look like its a real JDM drifter when in reality the owners of these cars dont know how to drift, and the cars will never be drifted because they are nothing more than trailer queens for the shows.
            *D@mn, that was a some run-on sentence*Make sure your friend isnt on of those people!

And remember parts dont make the drifter... determination, technique, and practice does.

Comment

Originally posted by Velvet
              I think its funny when I see guys in the magazines buy $2000 86s and then add another $20,000 in JDM parts to make the car look like its a real JDM drifter when in reality the owners of these cars dont know how to drift, and the cars will never be drifted because they are nothing more than trailer queens for the shows.
              dude i totally agree with you. I f you have a drifter that hasn't been used or gotten into som kind of damage its no real car in my eye. show car's suck. you might as well pimp out an suv instead of a good old ae86. leave those cars to people who like what a car is ment to do. DRIVE

Comment

Working...
              X