X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holden's new VZ Monaro (GTO)

well here's the link: http://www.drive.com.au/news/article...XSGBQS5ZD.html

if only the scoops did something :P

That's just dumb of them...but oh well. I guess though you could modify them to be actually functional. I'm guessing aftermarket companies will makes omething for it.

Comment

Yeah its cause so many in the US complained that it just wasn't a GTO without hood scoops.

Comment

The VZ has minimal changes done from the previous VY Monaro, so i guess they incorporated the GTO scoops to make the Monaro look more appealing for the Australian market

Comment

I think every car needs hood scoops. That's what's missing from today's lineup of cars... We are also missing the chrome fenders and the dual exhausts... Too bad four cyclinder motors can't use dual exhausts to the fullest.

Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by Craftsman
            I think every car needs hood scoops. That's what's missing from today's lineup of cars... We are also missing the chrome fenders and the dual exhausts... Too bad four cyclinder motors can't use dual exhausts to the fullest.

Matt.
            I think he's messing with us.

Now I personally don't mind them, but it was so clean without them, why would you want to have the scoops?

Comment

the scoops are just there to make the monaro be different to the commodore, thats all, the intake is near the left headlight so they are just there to make it more original from the 4 door commodore and hopefully it doesn't go on the GTO, because then the us might have something different and not so alike

Comment

Actually, the scoops are there to be more similar to the GTO from way back when. This isn't the other way around.

If you look at the car from "The Last Ride," it's modified to look a whole lot like the old GTOs. People liked the look so much and requested it that, GM took note and is offering it next year. Hopefully, if we ask for a four cyclinder car with turbo potential for under 25,000, they will listen...

Matt.

Comment

Was that movie any good? I really wanted to watch it but forgot *slaps forehead*

Comment

Dunno, DVD is coming out soon though.

Matt.

Comment

my dads ordered the new Holden VZ SV6 6 spd manual with the N/A alloytech 3600, it puts out 190kw standard, i have plans to buy it off him and supercharge it. i will be able to piss on anything

Comment

Remember to get the version with hood scoops. Every car needs them to look tough.

Matt.

Comment

Yeah it doesn't matter to me whether it works or not, but imho, it needs to be an old shaker-style hood, like on the 426 Hemi's and '69-70 Mach 1s.

But what really bugs me is that they added what, 60lbs. It's the same car, same everything, they just changed the hood? Why in the he11 did they have to add 60 extra lbs.

Comment

my personal opinion is to have no hood scoop unless you have a freaking roots supercharger hanging below the bonnet

Comment

On a car with this size, 60 lbs is nothing. You won't even feel it. Some will swear by it, I will swear against it.

Matt.

Comment

Working...
                              X