My 300zx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 300zx

Hey, just wondering if its at all possible to drift my 1990 300zx in any competition. All I know is its rwd and pretty strong but im still working on suping it up more. Its non turbo charged but im working on getting my twin turbo engine. I can get sideways pretty good but not sure if its drift capable. Alot of people tell me that its too heavy or too strong that it'll just spin out. I've never seen one in a drift event either. So I thought I'd get some advice from someone who has expereince. Please let me know what I should do, either stick with what I got or sell it and get a 180 sx or somthing. Thanks!
    180sx
    16.67%
    240sx
    16.67%
    RX-7
    33.33%
    350Z
    33.33%

You can certainly drift it and you will only be cooler for drifting an uncommon car. The only problem I have with Z32s aside from their weight is their incredible complexity and difficulty of repair. That should be your only reason to get rid of it.

Comment

You should definitely keep the 300zx,
      http://vigvoodoo.com/Videos/
      Drift Dreams has a scene of a red 300zx drift. I thought it was awesome.
      Last edited by 300zxttfreak; 09-18-2004, 07:45 PM.

Comment

hey nice vids man haha that was so funny when orido popped his hood

Comment

ya man, keep the car.

btw does anyone kow what the difference between Z and ZX? (that is if there's really a difference.)

Comment

IMO

Sell and get a 350z if you can. Warranties are such beautiful things.

Comment

yeah... zs were the old lightweight simple cars in the 70s 240, 260, 280. ZXs started with the 280zx in '79 or '80 i believe and they were heavy and luxurious with lots of gadgets.

I assume they dropped the ZX for Z on the new 350Z because they are much less gadget-filled and cheaper compared to the old 300ZXs.

oh yeah and don't turbo it. that would be a TON of money and work.
              Last edited by MarshallMX5; 09-18-2004, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X