No announcement yet.

drifting/racing on the street and legal stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey just in case you guys didnt know im not sure where else this is for but in cali if u get caught drag racing its an instent crush now....new law..................................watch out!!!!

Comment

i've been caught

i got caught once the cop was about 1/2 sitting watching us for about 15 mins when he pulled us over when we were leavin he asked why u keep driving back and fourth.... my excuse. i crashed there 2 weeks ago!(most retarded excuse ever) he says oh well im giving u a ticket for ur exhaust.... i said really!? thats it? , he came back and said unless u like to use ur cheverlegs and walk home.... i said no thanks.. then he sent me on my marry way...... w/e u do stay away from state ref! they know what they looking at!

Riley

Comment

i was drifting out in the country here in tennessee... cop saw me... gave me a wreckless driving ticket. I got a diversion and traffic school, Plus 6 months probation, plus a $410 fine... Sux drifting on public roads. Oh well... wont keep me from drifting but drifing off public roads.

Comment

Well today I took a friendly Dragon run. Going up towards the NC line I get stuck behind a Vette with what looked like Ric Flair behind the wheel. As I start to go around him, he nails it and leaves me in the dust. We round the next bend with him in full stroke and there is a Blount county Sheriff there. He stops us in the middle of the street, after the guy in the vette almost hits him and tries to go around him. Well, the guy says something to the Sheriff and he pulls me over to the side of the road, slaps me with 3 tickets and lets the Vette go. Now the Vette was doing well in excess of 60 mph while I am cresting about 45. The cop gives me the ticket for 60 in a 30 and lets the Vette go.

Funny thing is, I was making a Dragon run video at the time and have all of it on tape. The cop car with 2 motorcycles blocking the entire rear end of it blocking all attempts at Radaring us, the cop in the street waving his hands with no radar gun after we get in view, the Vette leaving me like the Space shuttle while shielding me from any attempt at radaring us with the imaginary radar gun, the vette guy saying something to the cop and then the cop letting him go. So it's off to traffic court I go. Too bad the cop didn't see the video camera sitting on a tripod, strapped to a rubber garbage can and held in with the harness on the passenger seat. Don't know how he missed it but it would have saved him alot of headache. It's gonna cause him alot of headache when we get to court.
          Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 10-10-2004, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Thats awsome, nothing better then skrewing over @sshole cops that just like to skrew over the underdog. Good luck to you!

Comment

Well where I live... E V E R Y T H I N G is Illegal...

BEHOLD!

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publis...ion_guide.html

Get gaught for illegal racing? In u go to jail... No... I'm not kidding

Comment

They crush your car in Cali that is terrible. I would try get it home for a couple hours and strip it and then tell them to pick it up. I know you cant do this but it would be a lot better than getting it smashed. I dont think that is constitutional. The punishment have to fit the crime. Racing does not constitute thousands of dollars crushed and stolen from you. I think that they better reimberse you at least. Take the car and give me the money including aftermarket.

Comment

In san diego, if you're watching drag race and the police caught you, you're going to jail. That's a new law in san diego.

Comment

I think that all the cops and police units get informed about such activities before hand. I don't think they're behind or anything like that. Someone said that they might see drifting and think that the driver has screwed up or something but in reality they are trying to keep the road safe so if they see that it looks unsafe than they will call it out. Go into any police station, ask them what drifting is and I think most of them might not know, but show them a video and they will know that it does not look legal. Or I could be wrong!

Comment

Working...
                    X