RIP(Stealth)*-My black 3rd gen is gone :'(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DomLee
    First, the FMIC. You mentioned the FMIC was inadequate. How do you know that it was inadequate?

Second, the stock radiator. Every single FD owner that I know, knows not to use the stock radiator and to go w/ a quality aftermarket radiator. You mentioned that you had a stock radiator put back on the car...was stock radiator installed w/o your consent/knowledge?

Lastly, you said you had a new cooling system installed. What exactly was installed and who recommended the setup?

You seem to be pinning the blame on KDR quite a bit. I'm trying not to be biased at all....but some times, people make mistakes and will blame others (like shops) w/o blaming themselves.

If you can shed some light on these questions,...that may help w/ essentially "my judgement" of who may be to blame.

Sorry to hear about the fire.

Dom
    yes i do put a ton of blame on myself, but after long conversations with the guys at kdr i figured we clearly agreed on a larger hks fmic and a new koyo rad. along with some new lines and oil cooler. i used this setup because its tried and true.

instead they used probably the smallest greddy fmic and installed it on my car. they also took of my damaged and leaky radiator and instead of putting a new one back on, they put a stock radiator on for some reason. being an fd owner for about 2-3years of course i kno about radiators and fds not tryin to sound like a wise *Censored**Censored**Censored*, but ididnt just get the car over the summer. i know they messed up the new radiatior install because i talked to the guys at kdr and they confused my car with another persons car who was getting his car "detuned" and converiting it back into stock.

the fmic was inadequate because it was a slightly larger than stock fmic. the fmic was rated to no more than 300hp, and the car was probably making about 380hp at about 15psi. i had the boost turned up to about 17psi. the car had just gotten new jspec turbos put on which make about 25 more hp than the stockers plus all the bolt ons so i am like 85% sure it was up thier in power. i guess it is mostly my fault for turning up the boost, but having dealt wiht kdr numerous times and knowing all of them personally i trusted them and didnt even bother popping the hood.

im not trying to come off as a hater agaisnt kdr, it was i guess miscomunication between the 2 parties and weve already gave each other bandaids and good byes. and to dom lee im not trying to be a hater agaisnt you either, but you seem to be underestimating my intelligence about my baby. if you didnt mean this at all and i tok it the wrong way than im sorry buddy, i dont like to be in conflicts, i respect most people and i ask them to respect me back.

and ya goukis14, deff keep it gangster, black with black rims=yum tastic. red interior, defi bf gauges, hks evc ahh man that cockpit reminds me of something familar sigh, dont worry stealthy, we will be reunited one day, but for the next few years stealthy is going to be forgotton and the new ghost is going to be in the forefront.

peace and afro grease guys. 1 luv
    rastafari!!!!!

Comment

im so sorry

Comment

i cant get ur FD out of my head its all most unreal to me.it sounds like somthing out of a movie.

Comment

I didn't mean to come off as condescending or anything of the sort. Sorry, if I sounded like that. (I'm on the rx7club forum BTW).

The miscommunication problem between you and KDR....ugh....cost you quite a lot. Ouch. I know what you mean about developing a strong enough relationship w/ a shop...that you forgot to check for the modifications and just "trusted" them.

Does this mean that KDR owes you a new Koyo and FMIC? (That would help pay for some of the damage)

Dom

Comment

aye.

that blows, and then some.

i'd hang myself if any car i owned went toasty. and i just want a little s13 of s14 or something cheap. i'd still die.

sorry bout your baby. I know what it's like to have children...

My anger towards fire is best portrayed in this heart breaking image. You can see the fear in my eyes. Fire is my best friend, but he broke your car. I am disappointed in fire...
            Attached Files

Comment

It's really sad to hear that somebody lost what's important in his or her life... You put a lot of sweat, tears and blood into that FD. Rest In Peace, spirit of the Seven!

Comment

I dont want to come off as an a-hole but I really doubt the radiator or FMIC were responsible for what happened to you. I mean, the car was idling outside of your house. If a stock/small radiator or FMIC caused your car to start on fire while idling then everyones daily driver cars would be on fire. No, something else happened. Spark needed to happen and something flammable needed to be close. Did the car have any oil leaks or anything? How old were the plug wires?

Comment

ya, thats what i am currently investigating, i kno the engine was resonating large amounts of heat most likely, but thier needed to be a spark somehwere and i still have no idea, that is the question of the ages. i doubt it was my spark plug wires because they were brand new, unless they were tampered with during the whole miscomunication with kdr. i have to bring that up next time i call them.

Comment

ya, thats what i am currently investigating, i kno the engine was resonating large amounts of heat most likely, but thier needed to be a spark somehwere and i still have no idea, that is the question of the ages. i doubt it was my spark plug wires because they were brand new, unless they were tampered with during the whole miscomunication with kdr. i have to bring that up next time i call them. engine fires are common with fds though, most of the cheaper ones you find have fire damage. fire and rotaries are somewhat synonomous i suppose. no oil leaks though, im pretty damn sure of that.

for the record though i dont really blame anyone but myself, kdr made a mistake and i should of realized this way sooner, before i starting beating on teh car. i just felt that ive been talking to the guys over thier for almost 2 years on this car and i developed a sense of trust. the trust hasnt been brokin at all, because they will probably see my next fd more than a few times a year so again i dont blame my bros at kdr. i feel totally responsible for the death of my car, but her soul will live on in my next project, and that b!tch is going to be nasty. wait and see guys ill keep you all updated.

to dom i also am on rx7club.com, but i havent posted thier in a while. i like the update though its reall snazzy.

to everyone else, im gladd that you all care enough to post your feelings and thoughts about my loss. thanks for evyerhting guys your really helping me cope

p.s. if any of you kno anybody selling a 240sx coupe hit me up, im trying to find an el cheapo coupe for my new onevia project-winter 04 keep a look out and ill keep you all updated

Comment

sorry to hear about that , man. can't belive beautiful car just went up in flames.

Comment

Sorry to hear you lost your blk FD. I own one too (see sig).

One thing i dont get is the FDs never came w/ a FMIC. They had a small stock mount IC. Also greddy doesnt really make a small FMIC they are huge. My stock bumper actually blocks some of my IC.

Which greddy FMIC did you get? They only make two kinds that i can think of the 2 row and 3 row. The 2 rows good for 15psi. I actually run the stock radiator still and nothings wrong w/ that. I just run the fans on constantly while i drive. Any FMIC will block the radiator.

The only other reason i could think why your car caught on fire would be a leaky injector or pulsation dampiner(sp). How many miles on your engine/car? I had to replace mine PD at around 120,000 miles on the body and a rebuild.

Comment

ya, like i said i still have not a 100% complete reason why my car caught fire. i was using a greddy core to answer your question raziel, i got it for really cheap and i couldnt pass up the deal.

i have somewhat questioned my intial cooiling problem and think it is most likely a injector/spark plug problemo but its still under investigation. NYPD STYLE BABY

but ya it is sad to think about m ybaby in flames sitting thier and watchin git it was just horrable, but too all my black fd brethren. keep the hopes alive because im living my dreams through your cars so keep on sliding.

money is slowly but shurly increasing, i cant wait to start my 240 project.

one good thing i can say i got out of the whole expereince was i found some nice spots in pa so at least i gained a little from my tragic loss

Comment

Hey did you ever consider that maybe your sisters b/f lit your car on fire since you beat him up?

Comment

Originally posted by GoukiS14
                              Hey did you ever consider that maybe your sisters b/f lit your car on fire since you beat him up?
                              noo i didnt ? hrmm im gonna have to follow that up. i still have no idea really why it went up in flames. i just know that if my boondock town had more than 2 firetrucks than id be laughing about this right now. but its been a few weeks and it still makes me nauesous thinking about it

i need a 240 quick

Comment

hmmm you never know it could be a possibility

Comment

Working...
                                X