Z Rear Ended!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z Rear Ended!

I was cruising with my girlfriend Thursday night, and my car got hammered. We were approaching an intersection, and we turned right into a parking lot before the intersection. As we did, we crossed the path of a GMC Envoy, which was tailgating us, and speeding towards the intersection to make a right hander, which took out my right rear corner. I would have been in the wrong (for cutting across the right-hand turn lane of traffic), except that the road was only one lane, and the guy behind us should have been far enough back to where, even if I'm doing Choku-Dori in the middle of the street, he won't hit me. But he did, and because the lane was not divided, I'm pretty sure it's his fault. Repairs for my car exceed 3 grand, and my next goal is to convince the clams adjuster that my Z, even with the salvage title, is being restored and is in top notch condition.

wow man, that sucks, gl with the car, getting hit is definately NOT fun for all those 14 yr olds out there.

I hope u can clear up emotionally too, cuz those things can hit u pretty hard.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I insured mine for 20k. If someone hits me, the first thing I am going to say is, "Hope you got some GOOOOOD insurance".

Sorry to that again.

Comment

Yeah, something like that happened to me once. A f'in soccer mom rear ended my 86 in the rain...Once I got her insurance, she has been watching soccer at home on the spanish tv channel.

Comment

rofl. damn spanish channel's FUTBOL. damn spanish channels take up all of my basic channels. damn astrovans. damn everything

Comment

Originally posted by doriboi86
            Yeah, something like that happened to me once. A f'in soccer mom rear ended my 86 in the rain...Once I got her insurance, her kids aren't playing soccer no more...

Comment

gotta suck! isnt it automaticaly there fault? i know here if some1 rear ends you, even if you slam the breaks on the freeway, it is still their fault for being too close thus they gotta pay.

well goodluck mate, hope it works out

Comment

I hate guys who drive SPCVs (Small Penis Compensation Vehicles AKA SUVs) and soccer moms who drive their Caravans while talking on their cell phones, nursing their new born on their lap, and telling the kids in the back seats to shut up. Its those types of @$$holes who need to have more respect for the road. I hope everything goes well with getting ur Z fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Velvet
                  I hate guys who drive SPCVs (Small Penis Compensation Vehicles AKA SUVs) and soccer moms who drive their Caravans while talking on their cell phones, nursing their new born on their lap, and telling the kids in the back seats to shut up. Its those types of @$$holes who need to have more respect for the road. I hope everything goes well with getting ur Z fixed.
                  All your base are belong to us.

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure it is their fault, and hopefully this gets cleared up pretty quick. Luckily its still drivable for now, and I have some buddies who work at an autobody shop, so I'm getting the ball rolling. I should get some better insurance though. I don't even have full coverage. I am covered if I'm rear ended though. Seems like Z's love to be rear ended. I know 3 other people who have had theres' plowed into as well.

Comment

Make sure you find a good shop. My car has been in bodyshop limbo for 4 months.

Comment

I have buddies who work at a body shop. Brian, Tom, Tony and Norm are good guys. I help them out sometimes too when they're swamped. If any of you get the chance, try and get part time work at a body shop. It's great experience and it gives you a view into a world that nobody really sees, and there's a wealth of knowledge to be learned.

Comment

When I crashed my Z, ('82 280ZX), I waited awhile to get it fixed, then got kits and a new paintjob. It totally rekindled my love affair with the car. This might be good for you by the time it's all over.

Comment

when i got hit it took the insurance company 9 months to even find the @ss who hit me (she decided to leave town after the accident) and another 3 months to get my money, but by then that car had been scraped.

Hopfuly things go better for you then they did me, good luck

Comment

Keep on top of them though. My first FD got run over by a full size Dodge. Guy backed right over the drivers side fender with me in the car. Took 2 months to get the first estimate, which was disputed and another 2 to get the car back. The claims adjuster handling the claim from his side was fired and they had to pay a 1500 dollar rental bill. It was bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X