is the s15 really comming 2 the US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is the s15 really comming 2 the US?

omg!!! i just found this out from some friends that some1 is going 2 start importing S15's from Jpn. i 4get who the company is but i heard that it is true can some1 clear this up 4 me?

My money says nope

Comment

S15's have been coming here for a while. Making them street legal is another issue.

You can't afford one anyhow, so why are you so excited?

Comment

i heard that they were going 2 make them street legal and this was in its finall process. o and for your info i can afford it

Comment

well i would like to know more about that i realy want a nother 240. gosh that will be bad ace....

Comment

really? wow, what do you drive now then? how old are you?

Comment

I'd buy one right now if it was street legal..

I'm 23 BTW, and yes, I will be able to afford the car when it comes out.

Matt.

Comment

is the S15 coming to the US? shouldnt this post be called, "Isnt the S15 discontinued jackass?!?"

Comment

If they start doing something like MotoRex does with the skyline, then an s15 will prolly cost about $70-90,000 legalized. Most regular people cant afford that, and most people who can dont wanna spend that much on an s15 (unless they are major enthusiats). Anyway, dont be getting your hopes up folks, theres no official news of this yet, and I highly doubt its going to happen.

Comment

who do i do this? why cant i just let you research...

http://www.j-garage.com/sale/usedcars/sale.htm

look, and there are companys that make it legal

try RB motoring, i think they do it, Motorex might too.

OMG just saw they had a Nismo 400R there.

edit: jsut talked to RBMotoring over AIM, they said its not legal no matter what.
                    Last edited by yarzan; 09-28-2004, 01:47 PM.

Comment

MotoRex quote(something like this lol) "We only import and legalize Nissan Skylines, we do not, and do not plan on ever importing/legalizing another car"

Now I dont know about RB motoring, but im almost sure that no company legalizes the s15, but hey I may be wrong about RB motoring, but I do know that MotoRex doesnt.

Comment

I'm guessing most companies wouldn't import the car because they wouldn't really make that much profit. I dont know how many people would buy a S15 if it was like $30k-40k.

Comment

Re: is the s15 really comming 2 the US?

Originally posted by drift180sx
                          omg!!! i just found this out from some friends that some1 is going 2 start importing S15's from Jpn. i 4get who the company is but i heard that it is true can some1 clear this up 4 me?
                          Your friend is an *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* and you should feel sad by listening to him! The S16 that Nissan is devolping right now maybe coming to america but i heard in a magazine that in 2007 the skyline will come to the USA. But than again they might sell it as a G36 for Infiniti.

Comment

Some of you guys hear too much of the wrong information (and from the wrong sources).

The S15 is currently not legal (and probably never will be). The cost to do so, is extremely high...and no one will pay big $$$$$$ for "just" a Silvia. Any company that tells you that they can legalize it or has one for sale...is LYING to you. (Only exception is if the car was here for race purposes...but that is HIGHLY unlikely and requires paperwork from Customs and the DOT). Any company in the US that has one for sale...has the car illegally imported. It cannot be sold legally. NO IFS, ANDS, or BUTS.

RB Motoring and MotoRex only sell legalized Skylines. They do not legalize any other car at this point in time.

Comment

i qoute from RBMotoring:

RB Motoring: they are NOT legal no matter what
                              RB Motoring: unless you want to rent a crash test facility, and have sevral silvias to waste
                              yarxan: oh yeah ;-)
                              RB Motoring: oh, and the whole emission stuff
                              RB Motoring: the total would be several hundred k
                              yarxan: would people realyl do that? rent a crash test facility and waste 5 cars jsut to bring one over?
                              yarxan: *really
                              RB Motoring: no
                              RB Motoring: not if they have a brain

Comment

Working...
                              X