Why Are You Here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Are You Here?

Many people post on drifting.com for many different reasons. Some of these reasons lead to entertaining or educational post and some do not. Be honest and give the reasons you came here and why you keep coming.

im here to absorb as much information as i can, and to give out any information i have to help out other people.

Comment

to give criticism as well as encouragement. I'm not here to hate, but to help, I just give an image of hatred.

Comment

I came here initially purely for drifting videos, I stayed here for news and updates on the drifting world and intellegent discussions about it. I am also hear to share and trade drifting pics and vids, set up meets and gatherings in my area, and to observe the drifting movement and progression in the country compared to my own.

I feel alot of people have unrealistic expectations of this site. Notice I did not say I was here to learn to drift, because getting my black a$$ out there with my rps13 and learning on my own seems to work alot better than chatting about weather or not it is faster than grip and can I get my FF or truck sideways.

Notice I did not say I was here for tuning tips because there are plenty of 240sx and silvia sites out there to assist me. If you want to do a sr swap hit up www.zilvia.net, 4ag swap hit up club4ag.com, plenty of group buys and used items for cheap as well.

This forum has the most potential of any other site I am a member of drifting.com because of the influence it has, the celebraty guests it brings, and the moderators that are the most mature of any other site out there period.
        Last edited by my 1 88 u; 09-28-2004, 08:22 PM.

Comment

jay, feel free to edit my spelling. lol

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
            jay, feel free to edit my spelling. lol
            If I keep doing it for you, you'll never learn

To me this forum is purely for entertainment purposes.
            I also use it to keep updated on the big drift events.
            Like My 1 88 U said we have our forums for tech stuff and nobody can learn to drive/drift on a forum.
            Although I have picked up some useful info. in my time spent here.

Comment

I'm here cuz its the only place I can learn, conversate, and share ideas with real drifters because there is no touge in Brooklyn. Even though I dont really contribute anything at all... but give me a car, a scholarship to Wyotech, and some seat time and I'll bring more than just Eggos and Kool-Aid to the table, I'm taking about steak and lobster baby!!!

Uggg, I have no life...need FC...

Comment

Originally posted by Velvet
                I'm here cuz its the only place I can learn, conversate, and share ideas with real drifters because there is no touge in Brooklyn. Even though I dont really contribute anything at all... but give me a car, a scholarship to Wyotech, and some seat time and I'll bring more than just Eggos and Kool-Aid to the table, I'm taking about steak and lobster baby!!!

Uggg, I have no life...need FC...
                You get a car and ill show you some touges in the north east

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
                  You get a car and ill show you some touges in the north east
                  Hey thanks man!

Comment

I just come cause sometimes I really have nothing better to do. I don't really make enough money to be out driving constantly, or do the repairs on my car that that would require. I like talking to most of the people here, and listening to what they have to say. Plus, it affords me opportunities I wouldn't otherwise have, such as allowing me to meet Ryan Hampton. I think that knowing people all over the place is important, you can never have enough friends!

Comment

My daily source of funny.

Comment

i singed up for the vids but all the info thats avaliable here has really helped in learning more about all the going's on in the drift world, so props to all the helpful members of this site

Comment

Sometimes I don't know, hehe.

I like helping people, contrary to what I would imagine is popular belief. I like talking to people who will listen to what I say, and I like listening to people who have something to say. I'm a terrible drifter but I am ok with tech stuff.

I enjoy checking out the pictures and vids as well.

Comment

Basically, I'm here because I enjoy the sport, and because I like to talk about it from my admittedly unique perspective on it.

I genuinely like the way the sport is heading in the states, as it's growing and evolving rapidly while attracting a lot of positive attention.

I find it very interesting to hear people talk about drifting going down the tubes when it's just getting started.

I find it exhilirating to inform people that we circle track guys figured out how to make a chassis perform a feint drift on its own back in the 60's.

I feel proud in supporting "off-brand" drifters.

And I just like to be where automotive enthusiasts gather to talk freely.

Comment

Entertainment. If I want thrills I go drifting. hahahaha

Comment

Working...
                              X