No announcement yet.

Why Are You Here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i came here first because i just wanted to discuss drifting, and ended up starting to organize meets around here. it turned out well because ive met 5 of my absolute best friends from one of the meets i organized. i dont just mean buddies, im talking seriously people that i would die for. without them i would have already so uh, haha drifting.com saved my life!

Comment

I first came here to defend Chris and Tony on some random *Censored**Censored**Censored* thread where people were making fun of SR swaps into FC and Zs or some crap. Then i got banned. Then i came back just to spite those who banned me.

Now i actually take the time to answer some more important questions, irk people for being posers or haters, but all in all, if you read what i say i think it is very informative and also true. I mean a lot of what i talk about is from personal experience. I have done just about any kind of "drifting" in almost every environment. But somehow i am still some Newbie to most people. I think the amount of young people just getting into the sport is a good thing, but also a bad thing. Sometimes these guys are lead by misinformation and sometimes they are just too ignorant to listen. Either way, i was there once, so i feel like its a good thing to try and help these people. If they still continue to act up i may berate them or belittle their existence. But nothing sever, heh heh.

Oh yeah most people need to lighten up and remember that guys can still joke on forums. What we say is not always in a serious tone.

Anywyas, with school getting hard and a lot of sketches and projects due, im not online as often as usual. But i still try and come around so that we won't have a "generation" of drifters learning a lot of things wrongly.

Comment

i have come to rule this forum..i mean..uh..just for fun purposes as to attain as much knowlegde that i can,being a noob by name not by nature..causing people to flame me..uh..just reading up stuff since i'm bored most of the time and waiting on my car to come,in a few more months i'll be working and well after this no more posting or reading as much..boo!i mean sigh..argh..:P

Comment

i came here to improve my knolage about cars and drifting. After seeing an Best Motorting vid over my friends i was hooked. After buying Drift Bible, and almost wetting myself, i then baught about 10 more vids. Then i got my cars and from there is all sidways. I love this site

Comment

The only reason im here is for the ladies . Im also here to learn about drifting and how it will evolve. I think if you stick to something during it's start, you will be greatly rewarded. Maybe when im a grandfather I can tell my grandchildren about drifting and how it was done. I might even pass my 240 down to them. Thoughts like this bring a tear to my eye. :')

Comment

to learn and conversate,i wanna be a useful addition and not a nuisance.

Comment

Originally posted by NismoSigma
                The only reason im here is for the ladies . Im also here to learn about drifting and how it will evolve. I think if you stick to something during it's start, you will be greatly rewarded. Maybe when im a grandfather I can tell my grandchildren about drifting and how it was done. I might even pass my 240 down to them. Thoughts like this bring a tear to my eye. :')
                wow i never thought of it that way...
                is the us that new to drifting?

Comment

Being in the northwest suburbs of Chicago the internet is really the only thing I can find anything on drifting. I found this forum when I got bored and typed www.drifting.com to see where it would go and here I am. I read a few posts and from the moderators and people posting here this place seemed really cool. Now it turned into a sort of semi religious thing where I would come home from school and right away go on the internet and look at this forum for anything new and interesting and surely enough I can always find something. Everyone in here is mature (besides me of course) compared to other forums or people I talk to about drifting. And all you guys and girls in here know so much about cars. I already learned alot and Im considered like the top 3 in my auto club. Initial D introduced me to the concept of drifting and this site nailed me with the drifting bug. Im hooked and I cant wait till I can finally get a job so I can get a car and start really learning what driftings all about.

Comment

To harass and annoy all of you who stand against me...

Comment

Knowledge, Info, Videos, Pictures...

and ofcourse the typing arguements about FFrifting and misspelled words, JJ

Sometimes i'm on here from bordem, sometimes lack of sleep.
                      Sometimes because there is usually someone a week who will make a decent and interesting post.

But most of all would have to be because i'm trying to find more people like me in ohio.

Comment

I signed up a long time ago.
                        (don't be fooled on my sign up date, if you didn't know this forum crashed twice last or a couple of years ago, and it deleted a few users here including me).

Anyways, I remember when we we're able to joke around, talk crap to eachother and no words were taken seriously. I too found a few of my good friends here. Hell we even had a touge challenge here once. It was the LA people vs the San Diego people (I will not state the team names), unfortunately Drifting.com started to take off, (but it was also a good thing). So all illegal and crazy activites we used to talk about is now a thing of the past.

A lot of people were outraged about this whole "mainstream" thing and a lot of people got banned because of their free minded opinion. After that, a few of us took refuged to another site.

Anyways, my whole purpose (back then) was to absorb the whole culture of the drifting community, which was (still is, in a few groups) a well responsible and well mannered bunch of guys/gals.

Now a days, a few of us, are trying to keep this "tradition" alive, but unfortunately we're just cutting our losses and hoping that all this hype will die down so we can go back to the days were all this "shi!tz talking" was just for fun and not a question of their credebility.

Oh yeah: also, back in the days, NEWBs were welcomed with open arms. All the "HI im new" threads were welcomed and we all put links to their threads regarding any information about drifting. We actually Helped them search the net about Techs on their cars, used car for sale, etc.
                        Last edited by CRASHDRIVE; 09-29-2004, 05:06 PM.

Comment

I came here after getting sick of the mad haters on many of the import and domestic forums (THINK NICO). The positive support and the tolerance for New Bs is why I keep coming back. Were else would I find people diggind me trying to slide a cop car?

Comment

cuz i want to be kool ....jp lol

because im learning and can ask questions and help other with the stuff i learned...

Comment

i came here for the pictures and videos, no i do not drive just because i don't have the money for it and don't just think i'm some poser because i will not talk s*** and yes i have driven before... i also race dirtbikes and i get to drift that i like being around people who enjoy the same stuff i do

Comment

Originally posted by CRASHDRIVE
                                I signed up a long time ago.
                                (don't be fooled on my sign up date, if you didn't know this forum crashed twice last or a couple of years ago, and it deleted a few users here including me).

Anyways, I remember when we we're able to joke around, talk crap to eachother and no words were taken seriously. I too found a few of my good friends here. Hell we even had a touge challenge here once. It was the LA people vs the San Diego people (I will not state the team names), unfortunately Drifting.com started to take off, (but it was also a good thing). So all illegal and crazy activites we used to talk about is now a thing of the past.

A lot of people were outraged about this whole "mainstream" thing and a lot of people got banned because of their free minded opinion. After that, a few of us took refuged to another site.

Anyways, my whole purpose (back then) was to absorb the whole culture of the drifting community, which was (still is, in a few groups) a well responsible and well mannered bunch of guys/gals.

Now a days, a few of us, are trying to keep this "tradition" alive, but unfortunately we're just cutting our losses and hoping that all this hype will die down so we can go back to the days were all this "shi!tz talking" was just for fun and not a question of their credebility.

Oh yeah: also, back in the days, NEWBs were welcomed with open arms. All the "HI im new" threads were welcomed and we all put links to their threads regarding any information about drifting. We actually Helped them search the net about Techs on their cars, used car for sale, etc.
                                Good for you. Keep it on the real side yo. Whatever that means.

Comment

Working...
                                X