Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CRASHDRIVE
    I signed up a long time ago.
    (don't be fooled on my sign up date, if you didn't know this forum crashed twice last or a couple of years ago, and it deleted a few users here including me).

Anyways, I remember when we we're able to joke around, talk crap to eachother and no words were taken seriously. I too found a few of my good friends here. Hell we even had a touge challenge here once. It was the LA people vs the San Diego people (I will not state the team names), unfortunately Drifting.com started to take off, (but it was also a good thing). So all illegal and crazy activites we used to talk about is now a thing of the past.

A lot of people were outraged about this whole "mainstream" thing and a lot of people got banned because of their free minded opinion. After that, a few of us took refuged to another site.

Anyways, my whole purpose (back then) was to absorb the whole culture of the drifting community, which was (still is, in a few groups) a well responsible and well mannered bunch of guys/gals.

Now a days, a few of us, are trying to keep this "tradition" alive, but unfortunately we're just cutting our losses and hoping that all this hype will die down so we can go back to the days were all this "shi!tz talking" was just for fun and not a question of their credebility.

Oh yeah: also, back in the days, NEWBs were welcomed with open arms. All the "HI im new" threads were welcomed and we all put links to their threads regarding any information about drifting. We actually Helped them search the net about Techs on their cars, used car for sale, etc.
    I remember those days. I sat back, observed, and just downloaded videos from this site for like half a year before I became a member. We should have more homegrown touge footage this month but we will only post it on that other site. BTTS

Comment

I came here to have intelligent discussions about cars. How to drive them. How to build them. How to set them up for different types of application. I came here to learn and to help others catch up to where I am in my understanding of cars.

It's been good here. I actually enjoy discussing cars here better than alot of the other forums where everyone is criticized for saying stuff. This forum here isn't a flamefest and we can thank the moderators for that.

I also come here for the up to date news on what is happening in the drift world. It's interesting to see what people think about different events. i.e. I enjoyed Formula D, others didn't (they have valid points, I have mine, Please don't discuss this anymore...)

Matt.

Comment

Word up bro.

Comment

Originally posted by doriboi86
          Good for you. Keep it on the real side yo. Whatever that means.
          Is this suppose to be a sarcastic remark?

Comment

Look at the way you want. I'm not looking for a fight. + or - look at the way you want.

Comment

Originally posted by doriboi86
              Look at the way you want. I'm not looking for a fight. + or - look at the way you want.
              no, no, i'm not looking for a fight. Since I can't hear your tone of voice, so I can't comprehend on what's your real intention was. So please clarify that your real meaning about "Good for you. Keep it on the real side yo. Whatever that means."

tell me.

Comment

+

Comment

I came for the knowledge of the SR20DET on these forums and there is a bunch of very knowledgable people also with great credentials like i forget wuts his name is but hes a mercedez mechanic....now thats cool

I also respect eveyone on this forum new or not i dont like it when people yell at the new people it just makes them not want to come back.
                  Last edited by bboyt3nsk; 09-30-2004, 07:08 AM.

Comment

i'm here 2 kill time in class and because i live,breath, and dream drifting. ive been doing this for a few years already and ive finally found someplace where i can share my ideas and meet people like me

Comment

honestly??? to sell my parts that i cant on club4ag and to be amused at the moderation threads. The Tech section is the best because that is where the least BS is.

Comment

Im here to learn as much as i can about drifting. I have friends that do it, and I am meeting ppl that are amazing at it. Drifting.com is helping me learn as much as i can utill i start drifting my self. Next summer i hope i can show up at RS-R chicago with a 90-97 miata.

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Munch
                            im here to absorb as much information as i can, and to give out any information i have to help out other people.

Comment

Working...
                            X