No announcement yet.

super cool! S2K engine in RX-7!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actually more like it was modeled after....my car!!!!! the 924 <8- )
    the 944 is just a more recent and obviously better version of my car. but then again the production of the 924 started in 76. the RX7 production started in 88 because 10 aniversary turbo in 88 <8- ) a supercharged S2000 engine would be amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by 14yrolddrifter
      Of course, we all know how much torque those rotaries have
      before my fd died i had 308lb ft so i have no idea what your tlaking about

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDragon871
        before my fd died i had 308lb ft so i have no idea what your tlaking about
        i personally owned an fd for a while and never ever had problems wiht the car, and i pusehd it to the limits man.

Comment

Yup that car is sick!!! Seeing/Hearing it in action will probably change your mind if you dont like it. Gets a thumbs up from me ...

Comment

Originally posted by 14yrolddrifter
            Of course, we all know how much torque those rotaries have
            I guess you've never seen what a turbo does to a cars torque.

Comment

lol three posts above me i gotta wonder about how those posts contradict each other and whether or not he is telling the truth about either. Also, how much horespower did this rx-7 have?
              Last edited by 14yrolddrifter; 10-03-2004, 08:33 PM.

Comment

where did i contradict myself ? those two posts from marshall dont contradict themsleves, all i said was that i had 308lb ft of torque before my fd died of a fire, but i did push the car to the limits.

382hp

Comment

lol just wanted to check... my bad... I guess 382 hp and 308 lb-ft torque isnt what i expected. I usually find rotaries with 308 lb-ft of torque usually have like 500 hp and a LOT of money put into them. I guess the small difference between horsepower and torque in your fd aint exactly what i expected. Sorry about that.. also nice sounding car, I wish I had any chance of owning a car like that at all in my entire lifetime

Comment

Me personally I dont HATE rotaries...I just hate how 99% of all RX7 owners think Rotaries are the greatest engine ever created and that nothing else comes close to it. Just drives me crazy I guess hearing it a lot since my friend has a FC. I have about 200 more hp then his motor and we both get about the same gas milage O_o and from what I'm told my motor is like only 70lbs heavier then his motor.

Comment

That's pretty sweet swap, I like it but I like Gabe tylers car better. He's the one with the AE86 with the F20C swap. Everyone check out the new Import Racer, he's car is on the front cover. Props to gabe and his car.

Comment

Originally posted by REVLIMIT
                        Me personally I dont HATE rotaries...I just hate how 99% of all RX7 owners think Rotaries are the greatest engine ever created and that nothing else comes close to it. Just drives me crazy I guess hearing it a lot since my friend has a FC. I have about 200 more hp then his motor and we both get about the same gas milage O_o and from what I'm told my motor is like only 70lbs heavier then his motor.

hahahahaha this is exactly it. What are you running Revlimit? CH said you got 4.10's in that thing lol.

Comment

Motor wise I'm running a 350 out of a 91 Z28. Cam, aluminum heads and intake manifold, holley carb, and some headers. Still didn't actually dyno it yet though I intend on doing so hopefully sometime soon. I'm estimating that it's pushing atleast around 360hp or so. Still need to tune the carb and what not. And yea the rear end has 4.10 gears installed in it.

Comment

poor fc, dont worry someone will take that vtec outta you one day and put your rightful heart back in. i truthfully dont udnerstand why people think rotaries are soo bad. half or 3/4s of the people here havent even prolly owned a rotary powered car. all they do is hear about how unreliable they are, but the thing is why would people buy them if they were so god damn unrelibale ? the only thing about rotaries is you cant just put them in and forget them, you have to pay attention people and to me that just puts more emphasis because you are alot closer than your car. this isnt a freakin one of those infomercial cookers, you cant set it and forget. Damn

sorry just had to vent. its no longer an rx7 as rx=rotary experimnetal, its just a 7 now. get it right . im not saying all cars wiht out rotaries are bad, i just dont understand why?
                            Idiot...
                            this car had typical rotary CARDIAC ARREST and was dying on the operating table, until I, "Doctor BlackJack" saved it's life and turned it into the six million dollar man...
                            LOL
                            If you don't know who "BlackJack" is, go look in the anime websites under it. His answering machine goes like this...
                            "I'm not in at the moment, but if you leave you name, phone number, nature of your illness, and how much you are willing to pay me. I'll get back to you later..."

Comment

Originally posted by REVLIMIT
                              Motor wise I'm running a 350 out of a 91 Z28. Cam, aluminum heads and intake manifold, holley carb, and some headers. Still didn't actually dyno it yet though I intend on doing so hopefully sometime soon. I'm estimating that it's pushing atleast around 360hp or so. Still need to tune the carb and what not. And yea the rear end has 4.10 gears installed in it.
                              what kind of heads? what do you think your compresion ratio is at now? what size carb and what kind of manifold? is it single plane or dual? what the duration and lift on the cam? 360 is a high estimate for a 91 camaros 350 with those bolt ons unless everything is really matched well. stock, a 91 camaro 350 is making around 250 so i guess you could have around 360 but it just depends on how well everything works with each other. either way, good luck.

Comment

Its a Holley Systemax combo, advertised as 400hp. Sounds insane. hehehe

Comment

Working...
                                X