JDM Option Vol#6 (Feedback)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDM Option Vol#6 (Feedback)

The overall video is good with D1 round 3 at Ebisu and Driver Search in California Speedway.

One thing I got to complain is the exclusion of the in-car camera segment for D1... JDM Option: Please include all the in-car footage of every rounds. It's valuable to our learning. Thanks.
    Hubert Young
    KORE 8 Films

Besides D1 politics and judging in Ebisu coverage,a nd the mockery of US drivers at Fontana (they show how the pros couldn't even nail the course good, but they got 2x as many runsa s us... BAH!) the video was pretty good. I mean, its a typical Option vid, nothing new. Yeah, in car would have been GREAT.

Comment

I think they mocked the drivers surprisingly less than I thought they would. the high point for me is Nomu-Ken connecting the first 2 corners EVERY TIME!

Comment

i just finished watching it. Wow, it was the first JDM options that i saw that didnt recycle US D1GP footage. The Footage from Eibisu was good, Options typically features footage showing the dynamics of the car on the road. Not so much as to what the driver is doing in the car. I think it helps understand the judge's point of views and what they are seeing of what is good and what is bad on each run. Different strokes for different folks.

The segments were long though, the 1hr 50min dvd had a total of 4 segments. 2 of the non competition segments were good. I liked the analysis of driving styles between NOB and Kazama. I also enjoyed Chiba's lisc. suspension segment...very funny.
        The Ebisu round was good action, and it was easy to follow.

The US drivers search could have been better. i would have liked to understand the layout of why they decided to have the course go over the unstable surface, more insight would have been good. Also I want to know why Conrad made the top 5 after he had GONE OFF COURSE...no explanation. Mic levels were terrible for Toshi. Also don't forget people, the power of smoke and mirrors...the editing isn't always how things actually happen.
        I think more camera angles for the drivers search would have been better as well. Sadly there was no pit walk, I would have liked to see the Drifting.com dunk tank footage.

I liked the simple things like the headers, hardly noticable, but it makes a difference, you know whom your riding with, or whats going on. The video is a typical Options Video, they've got the formula down by now, and continue to put out good material. I do recommend it for others, however I can't find myself watching it again.
        Last edited by swifty949; 10-05-2004, 06:05 PM.

Comment

under, under, under, under, under, under. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sil180AE86DRFTR
            I think they mocked the drivers surprisingly less than I thought they would. the high point for me is Nomu-Ken connecting the first 2 corners EVERY TIME!
            Yeah.... but not to hard to do in a roughly 500hp Skyline 4 door (long wheel base helps so much for keeping a long slide). Trust me, it wasn't TOO hard for him, not that he didn't do well.

What i HATED though was that he "beat" the Hachi driver who not only linked the 2 corners down the straight (maybe a small bit of correction most of the time) but he has 150hp and a TINY wheelbase. He could NOT have been in a worse car for Ebisu. AND he was faster than Nomuken.... I mean comon... !!!

I like how they always show the US guys' worst runs. Jeez, they told us only 1 run counted. I had 4 practice runs to learn the sh!tty course,, 2 crappy competition runs and 1 BADASS comp. run. Oh well, thats how the cookie crumbles. Yeah i also liek the course map they show... it showed about TWICE the amount of front straightaway we actually had! Starting from a dead stop on the front straight is SO *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. Only for US drivers searches do they do that. No D1 round is like that, no BM round, no competition other than in the US.

What sucks about it is that you can't carry speed onto the front straight. So not only does it become a drift competition, its a drag race and 0-60mph competition.

Comment

well, D1's like that. They don't compare. They just look at the runs without Bias to wheelbases or horsepower or anything. I like that.

Comment

BTW all Hibino did was trich the drivers. He'd fly over the straight, then slow way down for the first corner

Comment

well, D1's like that. They don't compare. They just look at the runs without Bias to wheelbases or horsepower or anything. I like that.
                  It depends who they like. They always give hachi drivers more leniency if they like them. Ueo for instance. And Kamimoto (when he dorve hachis). But yeah, nowadays it seems like everyone is driving S15s, FDs and a couple of hachis.

Comment

BTW all Hibino did was trich the drivers. He'd fly over the straight, then slow way down for the first corner
                    Actually he wasnt slowing down for the corner. In fact he was probablly WOT going in to that corner. Remember he only has 150hp. Even the judges said he was entering that corner the fastest. It just one of the traits of a hachi, it much easier to change directions when sliding, as where the heaver cars will keep sliding in the same direction. Thats exactally what caused Miki to crash.

Comment

Originally posted by _PG_
                      It depends who they like. They always give hachi drivers more leniency if they like them. Ueo for instance. And Kamimoto (when he dorve hachis). But yeah, nowadays it seems like everyone is driving S15s, FDs and a couple of hachis.
                      I dunno if you could call it biased or being leniant(sp), but the judges know how each car handels and what is easy and what is hard to do in a particualr car. So they supposedly judge according to that.

Comment

Originally posted by bluballz
                        I dunno if you could call it biased or being leniant(sp), but the judges know how each car handels and what is easy and what is hard to do in a particualr car. So they supposedly judge according to that.
                        yes, lenient is a good word. And thy were lenient towards a long wheelbase 500 hp skyline at a fast track instead of a 150 hp gokart.... because of the driver. I dunno what anyone else watched but Tony Angelo, Chris Forsberg, and I took time out of being ga.y and watched the video... all concurring that Hibino rocked the house and was robbed. Perhaps one who desn't know me can say I don't know anything... But 2 of the best drivers in the US think the same thing...

Comment

yes, lenient is a good word. And thy were lenient towards a long wheelbase 500 hp skyline at a fast track instead of a 150 hp gokart.... because of the driver. I dunno what anyone else watched but Tony Angelo, Chris Forsberg, and I took time out of being ga.y and watched the video... all concurring that Hibino rocked the house and was robbed. Perhaps one who desn't know me can say I don't know anything... But 2 of the best drivers in the US think the same thing...
                          I couldn't agree more; plus it was CARBED! so it shows the tuning-and-drive-it-yourself aspect which really won my admiration.

Comment

Review

Everyone get to have 3 runs, but they show almost the worst run of the 3 making the us driver look bad.
                            As for Conrad he made 1 good run and 1 spin out run during top 8, but they choose to show the spin out one.
                            2 of the top 5 drivers are from japan and don't speak english at all, not to mention back by signal auto and msport japan.
                            so we'll have japan vs japan this dec 19th instead of japan vs usa drift.
                            Oh well, we'll see who else is coming for Dec 11th driver search.
                            Cheers,

Sam

Comment

Actually i agree w/ you, Hibino should have won. And if your saying they were lenient twods Nomuken, then i agree with that too. He wasnt even connecting the strait in the sudden death matches and Hibino was still going all out.

But, i dunno if lenient is the best term to use when judging a 150 hp short wheel based corolla. Since it does take just as much or even more skill than driving some of the other cars. And the judges know this.

Comment

Working...
                              X