No announcement yet.

JDM Option Vol#6 (Feedback)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I don't know what was with the editing of the US driver's search...Showing Conrad go off course and then progressing. Since he had a GOOD run too, I'm not sure why they didn't show it. The viewer gets the impression either that Conrad did bad (wrong, he had a good run that wasn't shown) and progressed (i.e. the judging made no sense). What's up with that?

I also didn't like how they gave short shrift the guys who progressed to round 2 but not to round 3 by showing the top 8 immediately after the first cut. That's now how the event actually went...There was another group in there!

I haven't watched the whole D1 Ebisu section yet because I can't watch the US DS after some Japan D1...Too depressing!

Comment

Hibino almost gets as much air as you over that crest!

Comment

Originally posted by Slonie
        Yeah, I don't know what was with the editing of the US driver's search...Showing Conrad go off course and then progressing. Since he had a GOOD run too, I'm not sure why they didn't show it. The viewer gets the impression either that Conrad did bad (wrong, he had a good run that wasn't shown) and progressed (i.e. the judging made no sense). What's up with that?

I also didn't like how they gave short shrift the guys who progressed to round 2 but not to round 3 by showing the top 8 immediately after the first cut. That's now how the event actually went...There was another group in there!

I haven't watched the whole D1 Ebisu section yet because I can't watch the US DS after some Japan D1...Too depressing!
        this is exactly why we can't watch a DVD and say the judges were wrong or right... you never know what they cut out or decide not to show you! PLUS you are watching it through the lens of a camera. You can't see crap when they zoom all the way in on a bumper or a door...

Comment

Originally posted by BensonHsu
          this is exactly why we can't watch a DVD and say the judges were wrong or right... you never know what they cut out or decide not to show you! PLUS you are watching it through the lens of a camera. You can't see crap when they zoom all the way in on a bumper or a door...
          good point, i take back my earlier comments of how the outside footage gave a feel for what the judges were looking for.

Basically they wanted the US drivers to look like asses. Everyone that had good runs that weren't shown paid $200.00 to be made to look like an arse.

Comment

that is true... i wonder how i'm the only one who escaped the barrage of bad mouthing

oh and i'd also like to add that i'm not necessarily saying that the judges always judge fairly. i'm just saying that you can't tell by watching the video!

Comment

maybe they liked your crotch, Benny.

i think i saw Suzuki glaring at your mid-region.

**weirded out**

Comment

Originally posted by Coiloverkid
                Hibino almost gets as much air as you over that crest!

AE86 drivers may have a new hero! Hibino's run was totally gangsta. At least, I think that's the technical term for it...

Comment

When I first watched it, I thought the same way, I thought Hibino got robbed! But watching it again, I totally agree with the judges decision... Hibino did make a mistake and corrected during the drift (meaning, he had to straighten the steering)... Nevertheless, it was so fun to watch Hibino flying out of the first corner... he was hauling some serious axx! He gripped the 2 corners prior hitting the 1st corner! He's got some much speed but being a light weight car he was able to slow down when he got sideways... whereas Miki's Top Secret S15 matched his speed and initiated just a hair too late and the momentum (S15 being a heavier) just shot him off course and bam!
                  Hubert Young
                  KORE 8 Films

Comment

Working...
                  X