US Drift Team at Bristol Motor Speedway on 10-9-04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Drift Team at Bristol Motor Speedway on 10-9-04

It has been announced by the company Ride Revolution, sponsor of tomorrows event at BMS, Motor Mayhem, that the U.S. Drift team will be there, doing demonstrations/showing off etc.

Price of admission is $5 at the gate, and theres also drag racing, a car show, and a few other competions. Starts tomorrow (october 9th) at 9am and lasts untill 11pm. So if your in the area, head on up and have a good time.

(btw, just incase anyone thinks this, they wont be drifting on the track, and if you know Bristol, then you'll know why haha)

May I ask who the US Drift Team is?

Reason being is that from what i heard, there was a demo that went totaly wrong at the Nopi event in atlanta. There is nothing worse then bad things happening at a demo event. It makes the whole drift comunity look bad.
    BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

Well Alex, I was kind of wondering that too, I only heard it on the radio, I know a few guys who helped organize the event, but I havent had a chance to talk to them since the whole drift thing was announced...so Im not exactly sure and its not on their website.

Comment

we were at the NOPI drift event, Cartune Motorsports, along with some other teams. the event was not organized well, they did not put up enough barriers, and the security was bad. also we were the only team there that had alot of drifting experience, they prety much let anyone who wanted to drift their car, participate. Not saying the other guys were bad, they had some great talent and we enjoyed hanging out with them, but they were still new to this. there was no one doing a tech inspection, most cars did not have full cages, most drives did not even wear helmets. and you know *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* happens, someone went through the wall and into some spectators. this could have been avoided with better organization.

Comment

i also heard the organization was to blame for what happened at nopi. i wasnt there but i talked to some my freinds that were drifting / watchign the crap go down. basically anyone who though they could put on a demo was allowed to.

from what i put together .... some n00b understeered 50 feet off course into the spectators, his excuse being " the passenger was in the way of my ebrake" and since the ebrake is necessary to initiate a drift, i guess the story checks out.

correct me if im wrong. thats just what i heard thru the grapevine.. but i know for a fact there were a lot of people there that shouldnt have been there, much less past the 1st round of a amateur drift competition.

USdrift shoudl be fine.

Comment

the course was a little different on the first day when the wreck happened, especialy that corner where he went through the wall. the corner was much closer to the spectators, and not as wide, we had to change that in order to be abble to run on sunday.
            yes you are right, I talked to the guy, and yes apparently the passanger had is hand in the way of the e-brake.

Comment

It doesn't seem like the guy was necesarilly using the e-brake to drift. Maybe he tried a different teqnique, understeered, and couldn't reach for the e-brake to correct the understeer (as Mr. Tsuchiya himself says you should do).

Comment

the organizers of this event called us this week looking for drivers so i forwarded them over to drift association. hopefully naoki and moto were able to help them out.

Comment

In response to the first post's comment about why they're not drifting on the Bristol track, my guess is that it has something to do with the fact that the track is banked 16 degrees in the straights and 36 degrees in the corners.

Though, you know what, World of Outlaws had no problem kicking it slideways on the Bristol banks, lap after lap. Got to thank Mr. Smith for trucking in all that fine Georgia clay, even though the track didn't take water for sh*t and got way loose by about the 3rd heat.

Comment

I heard the Enjuku car was there.

Comment

Yeah it was, unfortunately I had to miss the drifting which really really pissed me off, but I did get to see the cars after. If anyone here was there, I was the guy in the red DRFT shirt haha.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer
                        Still, who is the US Drift Team?
                        matt enjuku car
                        erik jacobs toyo s13
                        tony schultz toyo s14
                        ben falken

Comment

aww, east coast demo team, cool. Thanks for clearing that up.
                          BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer
                            aww, east coast demo team, cool. Thanks for clearing that up.
                            i think they just made the name up then got that knew what they were doing to go

Comment

Working...
                            X