your experience with APEXi safc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your experience with APEXi safc

how is the APexi safc or the second one as far as tuning potential and accuracy? i just wonder itf its reliable enough for a daily driver ka-t

i have no experiance for them, but as far as reliability goes, apex'i has always been pretty mack. i would deffinately say it'd handle a daily driven kat but, as i've never owned one, i can only say that based on word of mouth. i eventually will end up getting one, more than likely, because from what i've read they have a good bit of potenial and are reliable and good products. however, by the time i can actually finally afford a car, that'll be the equivalent of an atari pc.

Comment

yea its a good system but iono about the KAT cause i hav a sr20 so yea ive never had a problem. had some friends program it and ive been driving w/ a smile ever since

Comment

i've had now problems with the safcII so far and even on my n/a engine i've notice power increases but we'll see its potential when i turbo the motor.

Comment

I have a safc2 iinstalled for my redtop sr in my S14. I have all the initial setting set up, I should be going to the dyno tomorrow or later this week to geta good a/f ratio. Its pretty easy to manage and installation isn' too difficult. Reliability so I've heard, is very good.
          Last edited by S14DORIMON; 10-11-2004, 08:29 AM.

Comment

The SUPER AFC II is a fuel adjustment controller in which the airflow sensor signal or the pressure sensor signal can be modified in a 12 point RPM range by 1% increments to increase/decrease fuel in a range of +50% to -50%. The RPM to be corrected can be optionally set in 200 RPM increments, and corrections can be made according to throttle opening amounts. In a turbo equipped vehicle with a hot wire type airflow meter, this controller provides a preventive function for engine stall due to blow-back during throttle return. The controller, which includes a knocking meter, allows the monitoring of knock levels check keeping the engine under its optimum condition at all times. (Vehicle must have a factory knock sensor). A thin case of 52 mm(L) x 126 mm(W) x 18 mm (D) (Minimum) has been achieved by optimization of the circuit board and case design. The product can be easily installed on the steering column or dash board. Since there is no separate unit besides the main unit, it is not necessary to secure a place for installing any separate unit. Using a 4-direction switch with a center pushbutton and a rotary switch gets rid of the button to- button distance and permits quick operations, thereby providing efficient operation of the unit.

This is the translated stuff that my supplier sent me. I am a performance parts exporter from singaproe aniways =)

Comment

I use to have an SAFC-II its not bad for monitoring different things. but when it comes to tuning, this device is nothing more then a toy. its a piggy back unit, it "tricks" the ECU into adding more or less fuel. if you really want to tune your car, you really should step up to a stand alone management system like a power FC or Haltech.

Comment

If you are looking for engine management for a daily driver, I'd say stick to a piggyback. Let the ECU do its work when you get a tank of bad fuel every once in awhile. I'e been tempted to dip my E-Manage for a Power FC as my car would probably be working right now if I had full control of the ECU. The Greddy unit is pretty nice. The support software is poorly written though. It's a nuance to work with.

Comment

Working...
                X