No announcement yet.

OPTION Video (English DVD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd buy 'em in an instant, especially if they were the usual 20 buck US DVDs instead of theose 30 buck BMI ripoffs.

Subtitles would be great, but a dub would be OK if it was professionally done, like in the Drift Bible DVD, or if they got somebody from one of those motoring shows on History or TLC to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shin_Kudou
      I'd buy 'em in an instant, especially if they were the usual 20 buck US DVDs instead of theose 30 buck BMI ripoffs.

Subtitles would be great, but a dub would be OK if it was professionally done, like in the Drift Bible DVD, or if they got somebody from one of those motoring shows on History or TLC to do it.
      I think that is where they would bump the prices up. Even though you can get the bible for 19.99

I will do you one better. They find or make a good deal. Dubbed or not and I will take a 5 year subscription.

Paid in full.

Comment

i am in

Comment

So, are you going to actually produce these or what? I am getting anctious.

Comment

I'd most definetly enjoy it but ONLY with subtitles...NO america translations by vocal anything.

If it's done vocally, it ruins the experience and the familiarity with the people doing the actual work. It's a slap in their face.

Subtitles only PLEASE!

Oh..and uh..Hi Everyone! I'm AAX or Arch..heheh.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchangelX
              I'd most definetly enjoy it but ONLY with subtitles...NO america translations by vocal anything.

If it's done vocally, it ruins the experience and the familiarity with the people doing the actual work. It's a slap in their face.

Subtitles only PLEASE!

Oh..and uh..Hi Everyone! I'm AAX or Arch..heheh.
              couldnt u just buy the regular one and turn on the subtitles? just make your dvd player region free

Comment

How do you go about doing that?

Oh yeah. Happy New Year everyone!
                Last edited by spock; 12-31-2003, 10:22 PM.

Comment

I didn't know the regular one had english subtitles?

I figured it would be Japanese subtitles wouldn't it?

Yo..Happy New Year from me, too!

Comment

Im not Japanese and dont speak the language. It does me no good to listen to the audio portion of the DVDs and tapes that I own.

Kepp the orig. soundtrack on it but ad the engish version as an option in the Audio selection. Should be fairly ez to encode

Translate it *properly* and you'll have a great product on your hands.

Oh, Yeah....I'd buy as many as you'd put out.

Good luck

Comment

It's in the works!

Just so you know, the English version (supposed to be dubbed) of volume 115 is already being produced by Option in Japan. I've read the translated script in part...totally whacked! I don't think the footage will be edited.

Don't know yet when it will be released. We'll know more after Tokyo Auto Salon.

Cheers!

Mike at D1GP

Comment

whats wrong with it?

Comment

i just wish that there was no "regional" thing about DVDs. Why must each part of the world only be entitled to the DVDs put out in that area. No other media is like that, that i know of except video games. VHS tapes arent like that, casettes, cds, books.

heh, i dont even have a vhs player anymore. lol. Otherwise i would prob be happy with vhs.

Comment

I will take a lifetime subscription in a heartbeat!

But I too would want the option for subtitles.

Comment

RE:

I'd definetly sign up.

Comment

i like my movies and anime subtitled but i dont watch best motoring and option for the acting. give me good voice over like the drift bible and let my eyes focus on the important stuff, like the cars and racing.

Comment

Working...
                                X