ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are most drifters work as mechanic full time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$5,000? Well, yes, if you want Snap On for everything. I could do motor swaps, suspension swaps and other straight forward work with the primitive tools yet essential tools I got. 1/4, 3/8 Rachaet and socket sets, a set of wrenches, torque wrench, breaker bar, set of screw drivers and pilers are pretty much all you need. You can buy Craftsman tool set from $130 at Sears. And there are always friends with the right tools you need. Or sharing tools... My friends and I share one engine hoist.

Of course there are a few procedures that are impossible without the proper tools and it's probably better to leave it to the professionals like head work, rotor resurfacing, LSD internal swaps, etc. But being able to take out and install the parts off and onto the car still save time and money. The labor cost that the shop charges you could be extra funds for extra tools!
    Hubert Young
    KORE 8 Films

Comment

Yeah, I am a full time mechanic... on my own car. That is after working all day at my other job.

I used to be a mechanic for an indy benz place, but I hated going home and working on my own car after working on other peoples crap *Censored**Censored**Censored* expenceive ones all day. So I said F that and went and did something else.

Comment

Working...
      X