Ask NADINE TOYODA Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spinitsidewayz!
    hey nadine. i love what you do and your car is very pretty. same goes to benson. i look up to you both. i thought it was cute that you both drive hatch's. too bad my gf really only likes sleeping in the passenger seat... cause then maybe i could buy her a coupe and i could sport a silvia frontend and she can keep the pop ups. woot coupe couple! lol hmm thats not a bad idea... maybe when im better and i have deeper pockets...

oh that gives me a question! how can i get my girl into drifting? (i caught her pretend driving/drifting my car the other day... maybe she wants to learn)
    Thanks for the compliments!
    To get your gf involved or maybe just to see if it even sparks her interest....bring her to a drift day, and one of the Drifting Pretty gals can give her a ride...or if she's too scared, you can at least show her that other women love it too. Or if that is too hard then start off by taking her to a 240SX owners meet where we are and we can make her feel at home. I know that it was pretty inspiring before I got into drifting to see the gals from Japan drift...just show her that women are making more of a presence in drifting nowadays here in the states the rest is all up to her!
    Nadine Hsu
    http://www.nadine180.com
    http://www.driftingpretty.com

Comment

Originally posted by CelicaDRIFTER
      also forgot to ask...

Is your car done yet? Pics?!
      after SEMA after SEMA I'm STILL waiting on parts from GP Sports...I am procrastinating too! I'm doing it myself, we're trying to wire everything and completely hide the wiring harness, stuff like that I'm still learning, and I have to wait until Ernie (Fixmer) has enough time to school me on wiring hahahaha. My car is tentatively set to be on display at D1GP at the ACT booth. I'll let you know as soon as she's finished. I know I know, I miss her soooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw, if anyone knows any reputable and reliable sticker shops in SoCal, please let me know. I'm in need of a shop to print out and cut my sticker scheme.
      Last edited by NadineToyoda; 10-31-2004, 10:50 PM.
      Nadine Hsu

Comment

I know of one in NorCal... Jay and Calvin at Graphtech. If you can't find one in SoCal, most probably they are willing to help...
        Hubert Young
        KORE 8 Films

Comment

Hey Nadine, I wanted to join in on all this fun here and ask some questions myself.

1. How long have you been drifting and at what frequencey do you drift? (once a month, twice a week?)

2. Do you think the first magazine article on Drifting Pretty helped you or hurt you? I only ask this because some of the team members in the magazine had FF sedans and such.

3. Have you actually drifted in competition yet? and if not how come? Did you feel your skill level wasn't high enough or were there other reasons?

4. How do you feel about Verena Mei gaining so much attention and so much sponsorship in such a short amount of time and in essence becoming the only representative for Female drift competitors mainstream wise?

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide
            Hey Nadine, I wanted to join in on all this fun here and ask some questions myself.

1. How long have you been drifting and at what frequencey do you drift? (once a month, twice a week?)

2. Do you think the first magazine article on Drifting Pretty helped you or hurt you? I only ask this because some of the team members in the magazine had FF sedans and such.

3. Have you actually drifted in competition yet? and if not how come? Did you feel your skill level wasn't high enough or were there other reasons?

4. How do you feel about Verena Mei gaining so much attention and so much sponsorship in such a short amount of time and in essence becoming the only representative for Female drift competitors mainstream wise?
            Good questions! Hehe. Thanks for keeping this thread going!!

1. I've been drifting for two years. I drift on average twice a month at practices. In addition I practice my racing fundamentals and techniques at monthly autocrosses, go-kart races, and road races.

2. The first magazine article on Drifting Pretty in Import Racer definitely helped us get our name out there. I got calls from several women inspired by the article. I'm currently working on a follow-up article to that one...a one year later article. Yah some of the girls had some FF sedans, but a month later they happened to all pick up a 240SX. What dedication they showed. Two of the girls with FF sedans, Casidi & Noelle eventually went on to becoming members of our team! A lot of people generalized about the article and invalidated us because they saw those cars...it was pretty funny. It didn't bug us...we laughed about it and it drove us to keep getting better.

3. Yes, this past September I competed in the first all-woman drifting competition, the "Dori Puri Challenge". Drifting Pretty hosted it and invited all the women (Drifting Pretty affiliated or not) drifters we knew to compete. It was a closed, private competition judged by Alex P, Daijiro, Ken Gushi and Andy Yen (muah). I placed first and it was definitely a great learning experience. I enjoyed that day so much. I didn't drive Formula D this year because I felt that I wasn't mentally prepared for competition. So now after attending all the FormulaD events and being right there by Benson's side, I feel that I'm definitely prepared now mentally for competition. Skill-wise I've been improving a lot this year...night and day compared to last year at this time. It seems that first must come the mental preparation, then the driving skills. I have a lot of drifting and racing experience which stems over 4 years. I feel that I've finally become a consistent, solid driver that finally has her confidence to move forward .

4. I'm really proud of Verena. She put herself out there and drove for part of FormulaD. She came out of nowhere it was pretty crazyl! Her & Yoshie drove Formula D together and I'm happy for both of them. It takes a lot of dedication to compete in a major series like Formula D.

I feel that Verena isn't the ONLY representative of women in the mainstream drifting scene. I've been there since the start...and so has my partner Yoshie.

I feel that I'm more of a representative of the women because I've been actively trying to make a difference in the drifting scene...of course by creating Drifting Pretty and encouraging the ladies to jump in the drivers seat. Just because I wasn't competing in formula D doesn't mean that I'm not representing the women the mainstream drifting scene. I'm happy to say I was the first woman drifter to get any sponsorships. I am always trying to help better the woman drifting scene by dedicating as much time as I can to Drifting Pretty. Yokohama really helped me this year by flying me out on their HIN tour so I could promote women in drifting to ladies all over the states (I love you Yokohama ) I'm trying my best to inspire, encourage, and help the American women to take up drifting. I was there two years ago at Drift Day 1 and it was so empty. No girls!!!! Now, you go to a Drift Day and you see girls everywhere. My dream is finally coming true and a big part of the reason why the girls come is because of Drifting Pretty.

I'm really looking forward to next year, when me and Team Drifting Pretty are out there competing together. Our objective is not only get out there, but do well and make the women watching proud!!! I think 2005 will be the year of the woman drifters!!!
            Nadine Hsu

Comment

is it wOrd or wErd?

Comment

Originally posted by captainNEO
                is it wOrd or wErd?
                Its wErd.
                Nadine Hsu

Comment

nadine i need to know do you use the word hella on a daily basis

Comment

Originally posted by tonesdef
                    nadine i need to know do you use the word hella on a daily basis
                    hehehe no, I'm not from NorCal . Instead I use ThangThang and wErd hahhaha.

Comment

Nadine in Benson's body!! aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh
                      Last edited by ProjctGrlDrftr; 11-03-2004, 11:49 AM.

Comment

WERD!!!

Comment

My question stands

Comment

any new pics of nadines car ? im intrested to see how it turned out

Comment

seriously... its SEMA can we see pics?

dude: wayne, take some freakin pics for us man!

Comment

Hey Nadine,

First off I would like to compliment you on your tenacity with drifting pretty! I think there are a lot of people that are jeleous of what you have accomplished in a short amount of time. I don't think they understand what it takes to do what you do. Also, I feel your efforts will be very successful!

My questions:

1) Would you like to go racing?

2) Do you need some contacts for racing?*

*Cathryn Nunn is starting an Indy team for women...2 cars...

3) How often do you so called "grip" drive?

4) Do you autocross?

5) Do you open track drive?

6) How would grip driving help a girl starting out in drifting?*

*I'm not hounding you, just trying to get you to explain it in girl terms.*

*See my wife for "girl terms" definition.

Sorry for so many questions! Tell Benson I am also in Love with him, and thank him for the JIC advice......
                                Ryan Hampton

Baller Bolts Titanium Hardware

Comment

Working...
                                X