ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snow drifting (or... cheating as i would call it)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be at Drift Day Sunday 10/24. I think they run rain or shine. Check with Moto or Naoki at Club4ag.
    Hubert Young
    KORE 8 Films

Comment

what, too good for the begginer/intermediate on satueday?
      jk

Comment

haha, I wish I can say I am too good... I still have a lot to learn. I just can't make it since I am from up NorCal. I have to spend saturday to get the car ready.
        Hubert Young
        KORE 8 Films

Comment

just giving you a hard time. good luck

Comment

I love snow drifting, you can initiate anytime with just the tap of the gas, you can also hold slower speed slides with control then on wet or dry pavement.

I really learned some fundamentals the first 3 years while driving my 82 and 85supra, I also got decent winter slide action in my cable truck 97 Chevy S-10 4.3 with open diff!

I think its the PERFECT place to practice for people new too the slidey stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingsoup
              I love snow drifting, you can initiate anytime with just the tap of the gas, you can also hold slower speed slides with control then on wet or dry pavement.

I really learned some fundamentals the first 3 years while driving my 82 and 85supra, I also got decent winter slide action in my cable truck 97 Chevy S-10 4.3 with open diff!

I think its the PERFECT place to practice for people new too the slidey stuff.
              Darn right... its a damn shame theres no drifting comps in my area yet... and i dont got no true rwd car anymore... i still own my chevette, but the 50 buck beast kinda... died...

Comment

Darn right... its a damn shame theres no drifting comps in my area yet... and i dont got no true rwd car anymore... i still own my chevette, but the 50 buck beast kinda... died...
                At least your car is reliable man, and the 3.1 is a strong motor, that makes milage and tons of torque(omg reliable). Just don't be tempted by the handbrake with the cavaliers rear suspension, I had a 90 4cyl auto and crashed it because I couldn't compinsate fast enough when she snapped back after a gravel handbrake slide.

Comment

yes, the 3.1 is a very good motor... takes alot of abuse... hell, my 89 z24 with a 2.8l has 400,000 kms and has been in the hands of tons of high revving kids, and it still runs and drives... (incl me lol...) i was havin fun with it, dropping the clutch and revvin it up to 6000 rpm constantly, and it still runs

I've already enjoyed the fun of the handbrake manytimes... i never really yank the e-brake near hard obstacles like polls, parked cars or fences or etc... it has snapped on me before... but i quickly got a hold of it

Comment

I now snow drifted... a ford aerostar...

how... odd feeling... i'll prolly never do it again...

btw... Snow Drift ... get it? HAH!
                    Last edited by Driven_out; 10-22-2004, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Driven_out
                      Hahaha, never noticed that.
                      B-Wurm

Comment

hey anything to save your tires from wearing out quickly right?

Comment

I think that drifting in the rain is more for intermediate drifters than begginers. It's good to mess around some snowy parking lots when you begin the fun with the ebrake, both in FF or FR cars. I used to practice some sliding with a 4x4 car (1999 Legacy 2,5l SOHC - great car btw) at a gravel parking lot in front of a school. It helped me a lot before the snow started to fall. Unfortunately the Scooby had to be sold and I was drifting using some other cars, mainly FF's, one FR, and one 4x4 (shitty Mercedes C-class - the AWD system there is worth nothing...). I asked my friend to let me drift a bit in his Impreza GT - maybe I'll get back to boxers sometime

Comment

holy crap old thread

Comment

holy crap old thread
                              Dude, you're the one that bumped it :P

Anyway, it was kind of interesting reading my post from last year. Over the course of one summer I've made a lot of progress. Back then donuts around a pylon in the snow still made my heart flutter. Now I've picked up my speed a whole lot and am much better at throttle/steering control.

B-Wurm

Comment

i dont get it

Comment

Working...
                                X